Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2017, 08:56 PM   #1

Upgraded to Goodyear Endurance

So...I'm like a kid in a candy store trying to decide which upgrades to do to my 233s. However, I figured the most responsible upgrade was to replace the original tires that came on it. There was some minor cracking on one of the sidewalls and it concerned me. Also, they were 4 years old which starts to put them on my radar...I generally change out trailer tires between 4 and 6 years of age.

I live near Gadsden, Alabama and we have a Goodyear plant here that recently began producing a new trailer tire called the "Goodyear Endurance" (No..neither I nor any family members work for goodyear or any tire dealers). I purchased a set of these from our local dealer and, so far, they look and pull great. These are made in D and E ranges and are speed rated at "N",* so that means I'm no longer maxing out my maximum tire speed when I set the cruise control at 65. I also upgraded from a 205 to a 215 75 R14 D range.

Although I believe the MAIN safety factor is a careful driver, I fell much safer with these tires. It's also nice knowing their American Made. I'll update this post after the tires have some meaningful mileage on them.

If your looking for a US made trailer tire, check them out. I've posted a link below.

*https://corporate.goodyear.com/en-US...iler_tire.html
Southside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 03:08 PM   #2

Any update yet on your Goodyear Endurance tires?
Equalizer 4-Point Sway 12000# & Tekonsha P3
pbrackney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 03:48 PM   #3

I've not put many miles on them yet but we're going to Cades Cover soon and I'll have a more educated opinion after that trip.
Southside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 03:14 PM   #4

I just bought these today at our local tire store. I'm putting them on my single axle lawn care trailer. I do carry around some weight. Hope they do better than the Carlisle radials I had before, those ones wore out rather quickly. I'll keep you posted.
Old 05-05-2017, 04:25 PM   #5

This is great news!

Sent from my secret hardened bunker.
Old 05-05-2017, 07:29 PM   #6

I bought mine from tire rack for $92 , they lowered the price once I added to the cart, they were listed at $108. I put them on yesterday, first trip is tomorrow. We'll see how they do. Click image for larger version

Name:	20170426_190604.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	136884
alldayjss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 07:57 PM   #7

Driving home with them hauling my zero turn I couldn't get over how smooth they were. I paid $105 ea + free installation. So far I'm happy with them.
Old 05-06-2017, 07:30 AM   #8

After buying several sets of Goodyear viva tires for my work car and after a few thousands miles they needed to be rebalanced and after 10000 you could not get rid of the vibration so I would never buy another Goodyear tires I wish you good luck with them
bareftn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 07:53 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareftn View Post
After buying several sets of Goodyear viva tires for my work car and after a few thousands miles they needed to be rebalanced and after 10000 you could not get rid of the vibration so I would never buy another Goodyear tires I wish you good luck with them

I had factory Goodyears on an '06 Jeep Wrangler I bought new... I hated them. For some reason the wobbled at times. Rotated a couple times. Sold the Jeep 2 years later 15000 miles and let the dealer worry about them. When they listed on their website(asking what I paid new) it had new tires on it.

All that said to say when I buy new to replace the new I have now they will be the new Goodyears. I fussed at a Cooper employee yesterday about trailer tires...and informed him of Goodyears new ones.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
upgrade