Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2017, 08:48 AM   #1

Viewing Roo Models at Dealers and Shows

I'm planning to make the big move from family tent camping to a hybrid RV and I've largely settled on a Roo as my choice for a first TT. Although I've seen several Roos in campgrounds, scoured the Forest River website, watched countless YouTube videos, and read many posts on this wonderful forum, I haven't yet had a chance to see in person the three models I'm most interested in: 21DK, 21BD, and 21SS.

So here is my conundrum. I live in North Carolina and none of the dealers in my area currently have any of these models in stock, let alone all three. I'm willing to travel (either fly or drive) to a dealer or RV show to see them, but I'm not sure where to go. Unfortunately, the Forest River website doesn't allow for model searches across multiple dealer inventories.

I'm hoping that some of you knowledgeable folks can steer me in the right direction.

(1) Are there dealers I should reach out to that are likely to have the Roo models I'm interested in (or at least dealers that routinely stock a wide range of models)?

(2) Is it likely that an RV show will have these models on site? I'm not interested in looking at 5th wheels, motorhomes, and other TTs. Although show websites list the brands, it doesn't seem possible to determine ahead of time the models they will actually have at the show.

(3) Is it possible to see the models at the Forest River facility in Elkhart?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
NCBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 09:10 AM   #2

Try Keystone RV center in Greencastle PA or Campers Inn in Pittsburgh. Both of those usually have a good # of Shamrocks or Roos on hand. Maybe also try Labadie RV in Toledo OH.

Go to the websites of all 3.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forest River Forums mobile app
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 09:42 AM   #3

Welcome to Roo world. I own a 23SS and have loved it since buying it new in 2011. There is an rv trader website that is pretty good at locating models at dealers near you. i have used it to look at newer models and floorplans.
edhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 10:42 AM   #4

Also look up Shamrock dealers around you. You might find some that way. They are the exact same built on the same line. Think Chevy/GMC just different colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
jestoy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 01:18 PM   #5

We have the Shamrock version and first saw one at an RV show. We ended up buying it from a dealer that was at the RV show but it was a couple of years after. If you are going to a show call the dealers that are showing and ask them if they will have any hybrids. Some dealers do not carry hybrids at all. They are not for everyone but was exactly what we were looking for.

This weekend there is a show in Chattanooga.
chattanooga RV Show | tennessee RV Show | Largest southeast RV Show

Next weekend is the Atlanta RV show.
Atlanta Camping and RV Show

Good luck!
Nights Camped: NOT NEARLY ENOUGH!
Glindz233s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 01:44 PM   #6

Rockkwoo Roo

Roskopfs RV Center in Richfield, WI, just north of Milwaukee has all 3 according to their web site. Dealer Ad Listings | RVT.com .

Here is their contact info: http://www.roskopfsrv.com/contact-us/

We bought our 21SS from them a year ago and we love it! We looked at the same 3 units! The 21DK has a very small bathroom sink and we did not like the shower tub! The 21BD also has the same bathroom as the 21DK and is heavier than the 21SS. The 21SS has a very large living area when you put the slide out, out! That is what sold my wife on that unit and the larger bathroom and linen closet!!!
We also paid less than their asking price!!!
Our salesman was Tom Gulczynski. If you come to Milwaukee, I would gladly show you ours!
2021 Rockwood, 2509s, pulled by a 2020 Ford F150 XLT, Super Cab, 3.5L Eco Boost, with 3.55 axle. Electric 10-speed auto trans w/tow mod. Heavy Duty Tow package & integrated trailer brake, 11,700 lb. tow capacity, payload is 1916 lbs. and 145” wheel base. Equalizer 4 point W/D hitch.
djemgoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 03:00 PM   #7

Roo's

The RV show held in Rosemont Illinois in February always seems to have a great selection of the Forest River Hybrids (Roo, Shamrock and there's a 3rd) and the dealer of choice for many Roo owners, House of Camping, is always there.

We've had our 2008 Roo 23SS since and have loved it!
justjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 03:17 PM   #8

Check Wana rv in northern Indiana. I was there a few weeks ago and they had a large selection of Roos. 17,18,21,and 23 footers.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forest River Forums mobile app
2013 Ram 1500
jking46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 07:49 PM   #9

I don't know where in NC you are, we are in NE NC. We bought a Roo 21DK 3 yrs ago and love it. The first time we saw one was at the RV. Show at Virginia Beach Convention Center. Then did a lot of research on line. This years show is in progress this weekend. Dodds Rv in Porstmouth had a couple of them at the show this year buts that's it. There are several dealers in the Hampton Roads area that carry them. You just need to call the to see what they have on the lot. We ended up buying ours through RV.com and drive to Buffalo, NY to pick it up. They ordered it, did the pdi with us, installed the weight distribution hitch and made sure everything was hooked up, level and ready to go.we love our Roo and have had know problems. Good luck.
Ncgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 09:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by djemgoss View Post
Roskopfs RV Center in Richfield, WI, just north of Milwaukee has all 3 according to their web site. Dealer Ad Listings | RVT.com .

Here is their contact info: http://www.roskopfsrv.com/contact-us/

We bought our 21SS from them a year ago and we love it! We looked at the same 3 units! The 21DK has a very small bathroom sink and we did not like the shower tub! The 21BD also has the same bathroom as the 21DK and is heavier than the 21SS. The 21SS has a very large living area when you put the slide out, out! That is what sold my wife on that unit and the larger bathroom and linen closet!!!
We also paid less than their asking price!!!
Our salesman was Tom Gulczynski. If you come to Milwaukee, I would gladly show you ours!
I'm guessing you're not going to go this far, but I've bought all 3 of my campers from Roskopf's. They're 114 miles from me. Small family-owned business. Gary R sold me my PUP back when we were both "kids." He's now running the business. I feel they gave me pretty good deals on all 3 of my units, and a fair trade in on my Roo 19 for my Mini-Lite.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 08:49 AM   #11

We are in WNC, have had the 21DK 2 years and LOVE IT. Shamrock and Roo are identical and Tom Johnsons Camping World carries the Shamrocks in Charlotte and Marion.
2011 HD Road King
Nights camped since 2019.....all of Em...Homes a 2001 Sea Breeze 36' 5 ER
yetavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 09:36 AM   #12

Thanks for the great suggestions. I was completely overlooking Shamrock dealers, assuming they were coming up in the dealer searches I ran on the Forest River website (stupid me). Expanding my search has turned up several new options I can drive to.

From what I gather, RV shows are hit-or-miss, so if I want to be sure to see the models I'm interested in, I need to find a dealer who has a 21DK, 21BD, and 21SS.

The 21BD seems to be particularly hard to find, but I'm leaning away from that model anyway, given the higher hitch weight and longer length. If anyone has a 21BD, I'd be eager to hear your thoughts. I'm intrigued by the idea of carrying bikes on the front deck, but I can't tell if it actually works as advertised.
NCBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 03:17 PM   #13
2016 Rockwood Roo 21dk

You can email forest river and they will locate the model you want that is closest to you.
jaymemiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 03:58 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBound View Post
Thanks for the great suggestions. I was completely overlooking Shamrock dealers, assuming they were coming up in the dealer searches I ran on the Forest River website (stupid me). Expanding my search has turned up several new options I can drive to.

From what I gather, RV shows are hit-or-miss, so if I want to be sure to see the models I'm interested in, I need to find a dealer who has a 21DK, 21BD, and 21SS.

The 21BD seems to be particularly hard to find, but I'm leaning away from that model anyway, given the higher hitch weight and longer length. If anyone has a 21BD, I'd be eager to hear your thoughts. I'm intrigued by the idea of carrying bikes on the front deck, but I can't tell if it actually works as advertised.
Sometimes the show websites will tell you which models the dealers are bringing. But that's hit-or-miss too!

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 05:33 PM   #15

We actually ordered the model we wanted. The dealer had a 21S? on the lot but they were nice enough to order the model we wanted and let us pick the interior, options, etc. We still got a good deal (Probably because the owners sold the place to Campers Inn. Have not heard great things about them after that). Anyway, the point for us was to get what we wanted.

Have fun shopping!
Nights Camped: NOT NEARLY ENOUGH!
Glindz233s is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer, roo, show