Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2015, 07:50 PM   #1

Water Filter Question

I am sorry if this has been answered many times before, but all the posts that I have found related to the subject just make reference to some changes, but no details...

I just recently got a 23ikss, and have read the issues about the water filter that comes in the camper. First off, that was a pain in the butt to find, when doing the walk through, the technician was not sure where it was, but said that it was behind the door under the TV/Radio. When I finally opened that, I noticed it was not there, and was back on the hunt. Finally, I found it in the back exterior access door, behind some "retaining walls".

So, after finding it, now I am wondering what to do with it. Several people have mentioned moving it outside, do you mean that you set something outside the back of the camper, and it feeds into the same place, or are you talking about on the water in-feed.

I am guessing that you normally want one on the water in-feed but also one on the main water line inside the unit, to filter any water coming out of the holding tanks.

If someone has done the "exterior" modification, I would like to better understand how it is used, and can you use your water without setting up this option.

Thank you.
VaTechMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 03:56 PM   #2
WFD

Many of us have totally removed the inside filter and put a piece of pex tubing in its place to put it all together. Then just buy an external filter that goes directly to the campground tap prior to any water going into your trailer. If it leaks, it's outside so no worries. Quality you choose is totally up to you. Many of us simply use the "blue" disposable filters found in many RV stores and at Walmart or on Amazon(best price by the way). Then when you are not camped and parked at home you can put that filter in the fridge at home as recommended. I go through 2 filters per season tops.

Tags
water, water filter