Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2016, 03:29 PM   #1

Water leak

We bought a new Shamrock 233s in March. It's been in storage since then and we just took it out on our first camping trip. When we opened it up to get it ready, the front mattress was wet and the wood below had its finish coming off and you could see it had water damage. Their is a leak from the seal right in the middle of the bunk end. It leaked while we were camping(rained the first day). This is our first time having to do warranty work. Is this something forest river will fix and do we ask them to replace the damaged wood? What is your experience with forest river and water damage from a faulty bunk end seal?
Kaboingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 04:14 AM   #2

Fortunately I haven't had to deal with water damage but it sounds like a no brainer warranty issue. Hopefully, you bought from a dealer with a competent service department because they will be not only the people who fix your unit but are also your initial contacts with FR warranty department. Good luck.
2013 Ram 1500
jking46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 05:29 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaboingy View Post
We bought a new Shamrock 233s in March. It's been in storage since then and we just took it out on our first camping trip. When we opened it up to get it ready, the front mattress was wet and the wood below had its finish coming off and you could see it had water damage. Their is a leak from the seal right in the middle of the bunk end. It leaked while we were camping(rained the first day). This is our first time having to do warranty work. Is this something forest river will fix and do we ask them to replace the damaged wood? What is your experience with forest river and water damage from a faulty bunk end seal?
This sounds like a "Repeat" of the March issue when you had your PDI! Sounds like the "Dealer" did't find the Leak back then,just gave you a Replacement Mattress,and a "Written Statement that any damage Would be Repaired in the Future"! No need to ask Anything,just show them the Paper they signed back in March! Youroo!!
Old 06-04-2016, 02:13 PM   #4

My husband is at the dealership right now. They are trying to tell him it's the lap seal and not covered. What the heck is a lap seal? We were told nothing about this lap seal or how to take care of it.
Old 06-04-2016, 02:29 PM   #5

BS! You have a 1 year warranty that is going to cover this. We ordered a 2010 Roo that had the front bunk door replaced 6 months after delivery because of a leak. I would look past the dealer and contact Forest River directly.
latner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 02:37 PM   #6
Site Team

Do not accept that answer. A new RV should not leak and what ever is needed to fix it is covered under warranty.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 02:47 PM   #7

Stand your ground. They are lying to you. It is 3 months old and any leak is covered by your warranty. If you don't get immediate satisfaction, call FR directly.
2013 Ram 1500
jking46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 03:12 PM   #8
Site Team

Also, did this lying dealer inform you that you can purchase a 2nd year factory warranty for only $150.
I'm betting that they didn't.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 10:16 PM   #9

Update....they are replacing the entire bunkend door. 😃
Old 06-04-2016, 10:17 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Also, did this lying dealer inform you that you can purchase a 2nd year factory warranty for only $150.
I'm betting that they didn't.
We went in knowing about the 2 nd year warranty but I doubt they would have told us if we didn't ask.
Old 08-24-2016, 01:58 PM   #11

The story continues....so they determined the canvas was too small and needed to be replaced. They got the new canvas in and opened it up and it had a hole in it. They said they would have to order another one. It came in last week, took the trailer back to them last Saturday. They just emailed me this morning saying they wanted me to be aware that the hole in the canvas was patched and they should be done with it tomorrow. They didn't ask if I was ok with a patched hole on the canvas. What would you do? I paid for this trailer brand new. I didn't pay for a patched up hole on the vinyl. That brings down the trailer value for if we wanted to sell it. I already emailed her back and said this was unacceptable and we want a new canvas ordered and expect to be reimbursed for having to bring it in to them 3x now. It's an hour each way to the dealership. It takes 3 hours out of our day every time we take it in plus the gas. Is it unreasonable to expect the canvas to be in new condition and not patched up.
Old 08-24-2016, 04:06 PM   #12

I would not be happy! I would ask for new!
t0rnado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 04:25 PM   #13

Quote:
The story continues....so they determined the canvas was too small and needed to be replaced. They got the new canvas in and opened it up and it had a hole in it. They said they would have to order another one. It came in last week, took the trailer back to them last Saturday. They just emailed me this morning saying they wanted me to be aware that the hole in the canvas was patched and they should be done with it tomorrow. They didn't ask if I was ok with a patched hole on the canvas. What would you do? I paid for this trailer brand new. I didn't pay for a patched up hole on the vinyl. That brings down the trailer value for if we wanted to sell it. I already emailed her back and said this was unacceptable and we want a new canvas ordered and expect to be reimbursed for having to bring it in to them 3x now. It's an hour each way to the dealership. It takes 3 hours out of our day every time we take it in plus the gas. Is it unreasonable to expect the canvas to be in new condition and not patched up.

Is the patch temporary so you can use it while they order another new canvas?

2012 F150 FX4 Crew 5.0 3.73 gears
2O12 Coachman Freedom Express 292BHDS (outdoor Kitchen)
Scubanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 06:48 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubanut View Post
Is the patch temporary so you can use it while they order another new canvas?

Nope. They think this is an acceptable fix and we should be ok with it. 😂😂😂
Old 08-24-2016, 07:28 PM   #15

Quote:
Nope. They think this is an acceptable fix and we should be ok with it. 😂😂😂

Totally not right! I hope you push back at that!

Old 08-25-2016, 02:15 PM   #16

Just heard from the manager. They are still putting on the patched canvas but ordering a new one and when it comes in, they will come get the trailer and take it back to the dealership and then bring it back to us. Yay!
Old 08-25-2016, 03:32 PM   #17

Quote:
Just heard from the manager. They are still putting on the patched canvas but ordering a new one and when it comes in, they will come get the trailer and take it back to the dealership and then bring it back to us. Yay!

Great, that was the outcome I was hoping for you! 🤗

Tags
leak, water, water leak