Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2019, 02:19 PM   #1

Water pressure

We just got a new to us 2017 23issk and are on our first trip with it.
The water pressure to the kitchen sink (center island) has terrible water pressure. While the water pressure as a whole in the campground is not the best the sink should not be this bad. I do not have a pressure gauge but I did run the hose to the next site and it made no change. This is my first camper with the in-line water filter, could this effect the pressure ?
I check that all the bypass valves are in the correct position.
I check the best I could and there are no leaks
Also checked the outside shower to make sure it is off.
Any thoughts or suggestions?
Bamamax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 02:56 PM   #2

Not sure if yours is the same as mine, but the kitchen sink faucet is very low flow in normal mode. If I switch from stream to spray it's much better, and the shower/bathroom sink are OK. I plan on opening up that faucet head and seeing what the restriction is and removing it...
I've heard others complain the same way about this kitchen faucet...
Falconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 04:45 PM   #3

Kitchen sink

My sink does not have the spray / stream it is just the old fashioned stream.
Old 11-28-2019, 05:09 PM   #4

Is the bathroom sink better flow than the kitchen? If it's the same, then there's a restriction somewhere outboard from the bath/kitchen sinks. If it's better, then something's going on between the kitchen and bath.
I don't know that model; does it have a fresh water tank and water pump? If you disconnect city water and turn on the water pump, does the pressure change? That would help determine if it's an inlet restriction or something past the water pump...

Charlie
Falconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 05:10 PM   #5
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Well I suppose since you have no gauge to test you could see what kind of flow comes out the hose where you attach to the city water connection? Does it barely trickle out or is there a good steady stream?

Have you removed any of the aerators on the faucets and checked for debris?

I had a bathroom faucet that had plastic shavings (from the initial build) get in the cartridge and create low flow.

Pull the hoses off the faucet and run them in a bucket and see what kind of flow you get.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=86
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 05:18 PM   #6

Bathroom sink is slightly better.
I have not have the chance to fill the fresh tank but that is on my list for this weekend.
Old 11-28-2019, 05:21 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
Well I suppose since you have no gauge to test you could see what kind of flow comes out the hose where you attach to the city water connection? Does it barely trickle out or is there a good steady stream?

Have you removed any of the aerators on the faucets and checked for debris?

I had a bathroom faucet that had plastic shavings (from the initial build) get in the cartridge and create low flow.

Pull the hoses off the faucet and run them in a bucket and see what kind of flow you get.
I did pull the hose from the supply pipe and there is a decent flow from the supply. I also ran a hose to the next site and got the same flow.
No trash or debris in the line that I have seen.
Old 11-28-2019, 06:04 PM   #8

Try removing the screen at the kitchen faucet. My brand new trailer had a trickle as well. The faucet sucked and was almost immediately replaced with one from Home Depot. Yes, I could have had it replaced under warranty, but they would only replace it with another one that would do the same thing.

Much better in every way. Should not had to have done that, but what choice did I have?
mds47588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 07:51 PM   #9

When I took the screen off there was a little bit of trash. I cleaned it and it helped a little bit. I took the screen off again and saw a piece of plastic up inside. Picked it out with small tweezers and it now flows 100 better.
Thanks everyone

Tags
pressure, water