Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2015, 12:51 PM   #1

Water Tank Failure

Just picked up our Roo 19 Hybrid TT, in May. Getting ready for a trip to a campsite with no hook-ups, I filled the water tank before our trip. I put the hose in the Fresh water tank and began to fill it up, listening to all the gurgling and checking the water level indicator in the TT. Well, I hit full and water was pouring out of the fill tube as well as the overflow. So immediately pulled out hose and turned the water off. A few minutes later, I heard a thud and saw my water tank resting on my driveway. (see Photo). In doing so quick repair, it looks like one of the cross angle beams was not seated under the water tank very well and two of the self tapping screws pulled out of the frame. Has this happened to anyone else?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Roo Water tank.jpg
Views:	725
Size:	290.3 KB
ID:	79509  
donjbray56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 12:56 PM   #2

Wow! That is crazy! I used to own a Jayco and was a member of their messgae board. I did see others have this problem over there. I guess the silver lining is that it happened in the driveway and not on the road!
Old 06-09-2015, 01:35 PM   #3

Luckily it did it in the driveway...

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
urocav2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 01:51 PM   #4

You are not the first one to post the failure of the tank supports so do not feel slighted.

Yes it is a warranty deal but you are better off to do it yourself and will do better than the factory did.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:59 PM   #5

Dealer overfilled ours during the pdi and broke one of the straps. The tank didn't drop though. They installed a heavy steel strap bolting it to the frame at each side of the tank to replace the factory strap. Looks stronger than before. Overfllled.....they put the hose in and turned it on and walked away. Another mechanic noticed water spewing from the fill hole and ran and shut it off. Same mechanic noticed the broken strap when we were getting ready to leave.
Simplewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:11 PM   #6

My tank slides right and left
Hicks43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:34 PM   #7

dealer did it to mine on PDI. Tank fell out. They didn't open the vent valve and it ballooned up and broke the supports.
iowasparrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank, water, water tank