Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2016, 10:36 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGuy View Post
none lol, the local forest river dealer doesnt like hybrids so they wont carry any. stopped at 2 places today, family rv and seven 0's , family gave me the price of 19,200, no less, seven 0's gave me a price of 24,000 only after showing them the paper work from family rv did they match the price, and that took about 15 min of him doing who knows what in another room, seven o's is a i little closer than family rv but there both around 2 to 3 hours away
We bought ours at sevenos. Every dealing we've had with them has been excellent. They weren't the absolute lowest price when we bought, but they were close enough to make it not worth going to one of the "internet guys." And their pricing is an out the door price - no freight, prep, or other charges (except for the registration).

Its a long established family business. When we picked up out Roo it was super clean, everything was checked and prepped when we got there. We had a few warranty issues over the next two years, and their service department was great. Any time we have called or stopped in for parts or questions they have been great to deal with.

If their numbers are where they need to be, they are a great place to deal with. And they sell quite a few Roo's.

2022 Columbus 379MBC (Previous 2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS)
2023 F-350 (Previous 2017 F250, 2005 F-150)
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 06:35 AM   #22

it just bugs me when a sales guy says "heres our best price" and its 3k more than another place that gave me the lower price with no haggling. the funny part was i asked if they took snowmobile in on a trade and hes like sure,gave me a price of 25,500 WITH my 2015 arctic cat with 300 miles on it , so i would have been giving them my $9k sled and paying 5,500 more than family rv. I know they need to make money to but dang. waiting on family rv now to see if they will do any better or some store credit or something since seven O's is closer. im not a walk in a nd pay what you say kinda guy, gonna have to earn my business.
JeepGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 04:29 PM   #23

Jeep Guy

Have you looked at Keystone RV in PA?
They seemed very reasonable. Just saying.

USMC - Semper Fi
Carlosrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 08:22 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom48 View Post
Don't be fooled by just the sales guy. Price matters and always grind that one HARD when you are ready to buy, but first, check out their service dept, by reputation as well as a meet and greet with the service mgr. Those are the guys that will make or break you if you wind up with after purchase issues.

In our case just took delivery last week, with one issue that had to go back to Factory for. I liked the sound of what the factory warranty manager had to say. So we took delivery since our dealer is 45 miles away and the factory only 20. In and out of the factory in 4.5 hours for one major change order and a couple under an hour, but still costly changes if I had done them.

Do cost, no hassle and after they did a major rush, they were polite when I sheepishly said I would not be able to come get it til 7am the next day. Still drop off to pick up under 24hr. Yeah FACTORY. BTW our dealer service seems fine to, but can't beat the FR Factory resources.
Not sure why you tagged a quote of me on this, I really don't think your opinion has anything to do with my post.
Old 06-14-2016, 04:44 PM   #25

we ended up getting the one from family rv, wife liked the interior and they hcould have it ready in 2 days
JeepGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 06:32 PM   #26

remove
Drenjoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 06:33 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom48 View Post
Don't be fooled by just the sales guy. Price matters and always grind that one HARD when you are ready to buy, but first, check out their service dept, by reputation as well as a meet and greet with the service mgr. Those are the guys that will make or break you if you wind up with after purchase issues.

In our case just took delivery last week, with one issue that had to go back to Factory for. I liked the sound of what the factory warranty manager had to say. So we took delivery since our dealer is 45 miles away and the factory only 20. In and out of the factory in 4.5 hours for one major change order and a couple under an hour, but still costly changes if I had done them.

Do cost, no hassle and after they did a major rush, they were polite when I sheepishly said I would not be able to come get it til 7am the next day. Still drop off to pick up under 24hr. Yeah FACTORY. BTW our dealer service seems fine to, but can't beat the FR Factory resources.
I do have to agree with you mainframe. A sales guy is different from a dealer. To me a dealer is the place where you buy your camper (the store in general, the sales persons, the customer service, camper prices etc etc etc).
Some people may think that a dealer is actually the guy who sales the camper !
Drenjoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 03:39 PM   #28
Broken Toe

I have a '13 SSL. Same unit, but with the 8x8 deck out front. I paid right at $18,700 for it WITH options. (powered jack, powered awning. 15kbtu air cond. air mattress hide-a-bed. convenience group 'C'. aluminum wheels.

That was bought from RVW and delivered to my house near STL.

TIm

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 06:08 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknroos View Post
I am not sure where you are located but you can take a look at Labadie RV in Holland Ohio. They will deliver anywhere in the USA. Right now they have a 21ss listed on the internet for $18,750.
Not any more, it'll be in my driveway in about 2 weeks.
bozeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 06:40 PM   #30

"Not any more, it'll be in my driveway in about 2 weeks"
Now your talking.
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 07:21 PM   #31

If you're near Richmond VA, check out McGeorges RV in Ashland, VA. We were very pleased. Not the same model, but good price and experience. Talk to Kevin McGeorge
2015 Roo 21BD-L'ABode
lablover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 09:17 PM   #32

Just got my 2nd purchase in 3 years from Ruff's RV Center in Euclid, Ohio...East of Cleveland..you know where the NBA Champs are!. Great family run place. Had my eye on the 23IKSS at RV show and was going to wait until January, but they gave me better deal than show price. Very happy. Can't wait to take it out in a week.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
ESDSKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 06:51 AM   #33

I wonder if the FR site has a list of sellers and locations that people have gotten positive sales experiences from.

no negative locations identified because someone may get upset.

a central list as a reference rather than doing this
while researching a new to them purchase.
Old 06-30-2016, 08:19 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGuy View Post
we ended up getting the one from family rv, wife liked the interior and they hcould have it ready in 2 days
Do you have the link to there website? I am looking to buy new. Any recommendation on what salesman to talk to? Are they an authorized dealer for Forest River?
HostileJava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 07:03 PM   #35

Family RV Center, Newark NY - Home - Family RV Center Newark NY

i would guess they are, i delt with mike, he was ok plus they had it ready in 2 days so we could use it for a trip we had planned before we sold our old camper, if your from out of state make sure you know what you need to get a plate for it in your state, they messed mine up and now im having to mail stuff back to have it filled out correctly. they were good on price though like i said.
Old 06-30-2016, 08:37 PM   #36

Forest River RVs are average to above depending on what you want/buy. However I think their distributors(Camping World) are the worst.
My 2c
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote