Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2014, 08:11 PM   #1

What to do?

Hi Guy's Today while giving my 23ss her annual waxing, I noticed on the lower left corner of the front bunk what appears to be rust under the paint. Needless to say cold chills ran down my spine. I opened up the bunk and found where water had been getting in. The linoleum on the deck has a bubble in it next to the lower seal. Its not soft but I'm guessing the wood underneath is wet. I can't tell without pulling it up. It's a 2012 and in as much as it's not under warranty I'm concerned about the cost of replacing the door. I had a leak last year and the dealer added an extra seal which worked for awhile but here I am again. I'm seriously considering trading for a conventional trailer that doesn't have these issues. Does anyone have a ball park figure as to what a new door would cost? Thanks for the help.
Stormrider151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:38 PM   #2

Ugh, sorry I don't have a clue but just offering moral support!
hockeyfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:48 PM   #3

If the Dealer made a repair for the same leak you now have, I'd talk to the Dealer about making good on his work. If the leak is not related to the work he did, you have some research and some damage control to do. Damage control is anything that will prevent it from getting worse. It could be as simple as a tarp or it could be complicated component replacement. Don't delay!

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 09:07 PM   #4

We haven't had hardly any rain in awhile and we were camping at the race a few weeks ago and it was dry. The water may have gotten in when I washed it before waxing it. At any rate I've been watching these bunk ends very closely ever since I bought the trailer and have been concerned this would happen sooner or later. I like the trailer and would like to keep it. But I'm just tired of worrying about it and I need to get this fixed ASAP.
Stormrider151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 12:29 AM   #5

you have a picture of the damage?
DD (3 year)
DS (6 months)
ficksters is offline   Reply With Quote