Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2018, 07:57 PM   #21

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevens233s View Post
I have a treager at home was looking at those Dave Crockett grills!
There are many on this forum in the PPST that have GMG Grills. Can not go wrong with it, i use mine as a smoker mostly. They hooked me on it several years ago at Goshen.
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 09:31 PM   #22

I'm with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkatb View Post
After 36 years of gas I bought the Weber Go Anywhere charcoal model for the rv.

Funny, I set the chimney up to light the charcoal and go get meat ready and collect the necessary support items.

Charcoal is ready to go.

Close the vents and it is cool very quickly.

Wife likes the taste of the food better.

Really no more trouble than gas. Heats up faster.
We have a hibachi BBQ that must be 10 years old. Love it and hope we can find another if and when it gives up the ghost. It fits in a smallish tote along with all of its supplies which fits into one of the motorhome compartments. Nothing tastes like real BBQ cooking.plus if you empty the coals into the fire pit you have the perfect firestarter.
oldsmasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 12:27 PM   #23
Boondocking Only

None! Build a bigger shelf to hang in place of the shotty grill & get a good grill to connect to the quick connect. Camp Chef is among the best!
2010 F250 Lariat 6.8 V-10 w/Timbren SES
Custom Tunes by 5 Star Tuning
Boondocking Only
ddbck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 01:37 PM   #24

Cabela's has a 3 in one for around $100 on sale that is great. Not mountable but has many functions. The burner is a 30,000 BTU that you can put a big pot on, it even come with one and a strainer, think shrimp, crawdads or even pasta. You can use that burner with a big cast iron skillet or pot as well, we do sausage gravy better than at home. Then you can use it as a BBQ or a smoker and you can propane or briquettes or both. We did 2 15 pound shoulders one night and they were perfect the next afternoon. It will do burgers and steaks just fine at a high temp if you want too.

Wow, after looking for a link I can't find it anymore. I thought it was a smoking deal LOL, you can hardly get a burner that cheap now with 30,000 BTUs let alone the rest of the smoker.
Hersbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 11:49 PM   #25

Another vote for the GMG Dave Crockett. Only drawback is the size and weight; it clearly does not fit the requirement of a Roo 233 mountable unit. We have a 23IKSS and the only place to store it is in the bed of our truck. But from cooking burgers to chicken or tri-tip, the results are always great!
Forellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 06:01 AM   #26

We never liked cooking with the RVQ (Too close for comfort)........the RVQ is in my shed, and will stay there until we eventually sell the camper.
Three years ago, we bought a Coleman RoadTrip, and I never liked it.
The year later, we bought one that not many folks have on this forum: It's a Cuisinart CGG200, and we couldn't be happier.

https://www.hayneedle.com/product/cu...sgasgrill1.cfm

We install it on the picnic table and use the small propane bottles (for us they go a long way since our camping season is short)
Once not in use, the side shelves swing in for easy storage

Dre
Drenjoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 06:56 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
I totally agree. I have two of these. One for our pontoon boat and one for our RV.

https://smile.amazon.com/Kuuma-Stow-...ords=kuuma+160

You can get a low pressure kit if you want to run if off your low pressure LP lines.

I looked at the Weber Q. The domed lid is a PITA for storing since you can't put anything on top of it.
Wife found a plastic tote that the weber q fits in perfectly. Flat top so you can stack stuff on top and it keeps the grill mess contained.
2013 Ram 1500
jking46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 07:29 AM   #28

When we bought our 23SS I opted for the stove as the grill is junk. I agree not having a hot grill next to trailer is wise.

I bought a Weber Q1200 and it works great. I use it on the picnic table with a 20 lb. standalone tank.

2017 GMC SLT HD All Terrain Crew Cab (6' 6" Box) 2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 07:38 AM   #29
Mod free 5er

Have used the RVQ that came with the 2008 Flagstaff and the 2012 Flagstaff for 8 yrs with it mounted on the factory rail and no problems even with the awning out. Had to replace one grill as it got pretty bad from use. I also have a brand new one in the garage to use when the present one shoots craps. We like them. Just the right size for the 2 of us.
Old 04-22-2018, 11:21 PM   #30

My husband is a total bbq snob and absolutely loves the Weber Q that we got for the trailer. We did have the mounted RVQ but he thought it sucked. We do have the rolling cart for the Weber but usually leave it at home and just put it on the picnic table while cooking. So worth it!

Tags
233, 233s, bbq, mount, roo