Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-05-2020, 02:36 PM   #1

Winterizing my 2016 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS

Hello, I'm hoping someone can talk me through this winterizing process. I have already drained the hot water tank. I am confused about what to do next. I have my hose hooked into the antifreeze tank port. It says to close the valve to the tank. Open the valve to the inlet. I dont know where to start. Are these inlet valves located on the Hot water tank?
D. Altizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 04:43 PM   #2

Just before the water pump inlet is a valve that redirects water from the fresh water tank to the antifreeze port. Turn this valve so that the water pump draws from the antifreeze port instead of the fresh water tank. (I assume you have the hose from the antifreeze port sticking into a gallon of antifreeze).
There are 3 valves at the back of the hot water tank. These need to be turned, if you haven't already done so, so the antifreeze doesn't run into the hot water tank.
If you have not already done so, the water filter canister needs to be removed and emptied and the filter element removed. Then re-attach the filter canister.
With mine I run the antifreeze through the hot water lines first, starting closest to the water pump and then do the cold water lines, Don't forget the shower, toilet and outside shower lines.
While I'm in the camper running the antifreeze DW is outside and alerts me when each antifreeze gallon is about emptied.
2 Old Town kayaks & 2 Boston Terriers - Zoey/Gonzo
Lar & Ruth
CNYCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 05:34 PM   #3

Thank you so much! I really do appreciate it. I've done everything you said except for the inlet valve near the water pump. I cant seem to locate it yet.
Old 12-05-2020, 06:14 PM   #4

As you're looking at the water pump there are 2 white water lines to your left that drop down to meet at that valve. The valve is at just about the height of the pump and just to its (your) left. I'd take a photo but the camper is put away. Good luck!
CNYCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 06:35 PM   #5

Don’t forget to drain the low points on your fresh water tank and water lines. Run the antifreeze through all faucets, shower (including outside) and toilet. Start off with empty waste tanks.
Old 12-05-2020, 07:07 PM   #6

I will try to take a pictures tomorrow and see if i can send it to you. It is dark here now. I hope I can find the valve. This is my first time winterizing my camper. Im scared I'm going to break something. Lol. I really appreciate all your help.

Tags
rockwood, rockwood roo, roo, winter, winterizing