Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2017, 11:15 PM   #1

2017 FR Wildcat 311RKS or 2017 Vibe 268RKS

Hi!! New to this forum. I currently have a 2015 Keystone Premier 22RB. My wife wants an open floor plan and more space. With that being said, I'm going to sell it or trade it in. We really like these 2 models!! Saw them at a local RV show the other day. Any advice or preference would be appreciated? Any major issues with the quality of recent purchases of FR travel trailers?
Boss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 05:25 AM   #2

Welcome to JOF! I can't comment on those rv's but maybe someone will chime in.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 05:33 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss1 View Post
Hi!! New to this forum. I currently have a 2015 Keystone Premier 22RB. My wife wants an open floor plan and more space. With that being said, I'm going to sell it or trade it in. We really like these 2 models!! Saw them at a local RV show the other day. Any advice or preference would be appreciated? Any major issues with the quality of recent purchases of FR travel trailers?
Being 100% honest here, I had a not so good experience. Although I am content now after the fact, I still sometimes think I would of been better off holding on to my prior 2013 Keystone hybrid. It was built night and day better than the 2017 Rockwood Roo. The only thing I did not like about Keystone was lackluster support after the sale but you can get your fair share of that with a FR depending on the brand from what I have read. I will say that Rockwood's support has been great, but I would of been happier if I never needed it in the first place. I am not familiar with Wildcat.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 06:24 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
Being 100% honest here, I had a not so good experience. Although I am content now after the fact, I still sometimes think I would of been better off holding on to my prior 2013 Keystone hybrid. It was built night and day better than the 2017 Rockwood Roo. The only thing I did not like about Keystone was lackluster support after the sale but you can get your fair share of that with a FR depending on the brand from what I have read. I will say that Rockwood's support has been great, but I would of been happier if I never needed it in the first place. I am not familiar with Wildcat.
Thanks!! I've had my own minor troubles with Keystone (door lock, TV and outside kitchen stove drawer slide) . All replace at no cost, but I didn't like the inconvenience. It all worked out. I guess with any RV there will be problems.
Boss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 05:11 PM   #5

I have a 2016 Vibe 311RLS and love it have had a few minor issues but my dealer has been great at getting the issues fixed under warranty. We love the space and layout of the rear living Vibe.
Sasnett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 05:21 PM   #6

We have a 28RKS Wildcat in its 6th season and it's been fantastic. Tend to be a little heavier than most because they put a little more quality into them but we'll worth it . We have towed in some tough terrain all the way to the Arctic Ocean and back two years ago.......zero problems on over 800 miles of gravel. I'm pretty sold on the quality and the only problem I have now is a noisy hot water heater ( tankless). Maybe the fan I think.
Filterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 05:27 PM   #7

I have a 2016 Vibe 268RKS and my wife and I LOVE it! Only had one issue with the slide not being square and it kept tearing the rubber weather seal at one corner. Had no problems with FR and dealer correcting the problem which was a major project for them to do. Two years now and couldn't be happier with our VIBE. BTY, it pulls very nice behind my F150. I don't think you'd be disappointed.
wz3mo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, vibe, wildcat