Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2017, 11:34 AM   #1

2017 Sierra 371 REBH Exterior slide floor getting wet/damp after a rain

After a rain, I'm seeing that two of my four slide out floors are wet on the exterior. It appears to come out from under the plastic flashing to about 4-5 inches from the flashing/L channel. The slide bottoms have a plastic flashing/L channel on the corners which is tucked in behind the slide walls and there is a piece of trim with silicone caulk to prevent moisture. It appears that the water is wicking in somehow. I have no idea where the water is coming from. It is only doing it on two of the four slides. It's not a leveling issue, they are wet on opposite ends. Has anyone else had or having issues with this? If so, what was done to remedy the situation? Any help will be appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1483461185444.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	127502   Click image for larger version

Name:	1483461207741.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	127503  
Towe443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 06:59 AM   #2

I personally would get up there asap and silicone seal those edges. It's possible they didn't put sealant under the tack down strips.
Mdaniels4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exterior, sierra, slide