Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2020, 12:14 PM   #1

2020-KZ RV Escape E191BH - your thoughts?

Hi everyone,
First off I'm fairly new here so forgive me for stupid questions and if my post is in the wrong location, just let me know so I can post this correctly,
I looked in the forums by brand but did not see this one listed nor do I know parent manufacturer.

We are considering this trailer to tow with our Nissan frontier which I believe will not be an issue, please note we are still just weekend campers with an additional week or two in the summer.

A couple of real stupid general questions;

1. Because of our driveway we likely will not be able to put the slide out (or awning) unless we maneuver a bunch of other trailers, so, with slide not deployed can you still get access inside to the rear of the trailer? I am assuming this will vary by trailer but have you encountered any situations where the slide blocks indoor access when not deployed?

2. This unit as shown does not have an outside cover on the front window I know there is greater risk to be hit by road debris or rocks, etc your thoughts/experiences?

3. Regarding slide outs how does one make sure there is no debri such as leaves, pine needles,etc on top of slide when retracting it? Or does that even matter? Especially concerned because there is no access to roof.

4. can anyone tell me the actual manufacturer of this trailer? And if so how responsive is the manufacturer to warranty issues?

5. I am concerned about general quality of this brand of trailer, does anyone have actual experience with this brand? If so what would be your concerns? Experiences?

6. I have seen posts where others have put reinforcement under the shower pan, is this something one should always do?

7. Does that kind of modification then interfere or void any warranty?

8. I see photos/posts of slight additions such as wall hooks,. Spice racks, towel racks, etc if you have to use screws for things like this how do you know how to miss vital components behind the walls? Is this even an issue?

I have many other more important specific questions I will reserve for whatever seller I buy from.

Any final thoughts to be concerned with on these type of models?

thanks
Zhankat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 12:52 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhankat View Post
Hi everyone,
First off I'm fairly new here so forgive me for stupid questions and if my post is in the wrong location, just let me know so I can post this correctly,
I looked in the forums by brand but did not see this one listed nore do I know parent manufacturer, (see link below)

We are considering this trailer to tow with our Nissan frontier which I believe will not be an issue, please note we are still just weekend campers with an additional week or two in the summer.

A couple of real stupid general questions;

1. Because of our driveway we likely will not be able to put the slide out (or awning) unless we maneuver a bunch of other trailers, so, with slide not deployed can you still get access inside to the rear of the trailer? I am assuming this will vary by trailer but have you encountered any situations where the slide blocks indoor access when not deployed?

2. This unit as shown does not have an outside cover on the front window I know there is greater risk to be hit by road debris or rocks, etc your thoughts/experiences?

3. Regarding slide outs how does one make sure there is no debri such as leaves, pine needles,etc on top of slide when retracting it? Or does that even matter? Especially concerned because there is no access to roof.

4. can anyone tell me the actual manufacturer of this trailer? And if so how responsive is the manufacturer to warranty issues?

5. I am concerned about general quality of this brand of trailer, does anyone have actual experience with this brand? If so what would be your concerns? Experiences?

6. I have seen posts where others have put reinforcement under the shower pan, is this something one should always do?

7. Does that kind of modification then interfere or void any warranty?

8. I see photos/posts of slight additions such as wall hooks,. Spice racks, towel racks, etc if you have to use screws for things like this how do you know how to miss vital components behind the walls? Is this even an issue?

I have many other more important specific questions I will reserve for whatever seller I buy from.

Any final thoughts to be concerned with on these type of models?

thanks

https://www.apachecamping.com/defaul...=xAllInventory
First, this is a forum for owners of Forest River products, which KZ is not. KZ is a division of Thor Industries.
So I doubt if anyone has one of these.

About the only non-specific question that we can answer is #3. Many simply have a slide topper installed, from the factory or the dealer.
The other questions would probably be answered by KZ or the dealer.

https://www.kz-rv.com/products/escape-travel-trailers/
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 03:03 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum. All are welcome here.

That trailer is made by Thor Industries and your questions are best answered by the dealer.

A couple of general observations.... That trailer doesn't look like you'll be able to get to the back with the slide closed, but you need to see it to determine that. To mount things on walls, Command Strips or similar product can be used for mounting.

For all your other questions, try a dealer.
Old 05-28-2020, 03:06 PM   #4

KZ is not a Forest River product so you might be better off searching for a KZ Owners Forum for more brand specific help, there is one just do a Google search for it.

Their parent company is Thor so maybe check the Thor owners site for a forum board, good luck and wish I could have offered better help
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 08:41 PM   #5

KZ Warranty

I own a KZ product, a 2019 Venture RV / Sportrek ST190VTH and during the warranty period made an appointment for warranty service at the factory since I was going to be close to them at the time. They made the appointment with a local service center not affiliated with the factory and DENIED half of the repairs even though it was under warranty!

My experience was very disappointing and because of that poor experience directly with the factory I will never buy another Thor product.

All of the repairs were not that extensive,to add insult to injury on the repairs that were authorized, they tried to stiff the repair shop who eventually emailed me informing me that they were not paid by KZ, and I would be responsible for the bill. That was 7 months later!

At one point KZ had a very good quality reputation, now not so much.
HaulinMyHarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 09:51 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaulinMyHarley View Post

At one point KZ had a very good quality reputation, now not so much.
That was probably before Thor Industries Inc bought them out.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote