Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2012, 07:16 PM   #1
TCB Baby!

312QBUD Help Needed Desperately

Help!

Cold night coming soon...

I took her out for her maiden voyage this past weekend. Ended up filling the gray water tank so much that the tub started to overflow and will not drain.

Long story short...I pulled the gray water valve and nothing is coming out. Am I missing something or do I have a problem?

I called the dealer and they were not sure. Forest River will not return my calls. I drove all the way from Memphis to Cincinnati with a full gray tank and the mileage was ridiculous.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
James
jherald02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:20 PM   #2

Check to make sure you don't more than 1 grey tank. Might be another valve ,possibly even another hose connection. I'm not familiar with your unit.
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
M109Rrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:23 PM   #3
TCB Baby!

I believe that there is a galley tank and a gray tank but I cannot locate another pull valve anywhere under the trailer. This wasn't covered during my demo and no one at the dealer seems to know if there is a separate pull valve.

I'm really stumped. I hope it's not clogged but I can't really imagine that it is.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:35 PM   #4

If there's 2 tanks more than likely there's 2 valves. Those handles fall off from time to time, check for just a rod sticking out somewhere.
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
M109Rrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:54 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

On your camper, is the gray water tank discharge valve visible or is it under the chassis cover connected with linkage to the T handle at the side? Is it possible that the linkage to the valve is broken or disconnected? There's usually a removable access panel where the valve are located underneath.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:31 PM   #6

On my Salem 312QBUD there are 2 gray tanks and black tank and three levers to drain.
The handle for the second gray tank is under the bunk slide. It is easiest to drain by squatting near the rear scissor jack.
buckeyefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:32 PM   #7
TCB Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Monica View Post
On your camper, is the gray water tank discharge valve visible or is it under the chassis cover connected with linkage to the T handle at the side? Is it possible that the linkage to the valve is broken or disconnected? There's usually a removable access panel where the valve are located underneath.

Dave

Thanks for chiming in Dave!

I actually have a covered heated underbelly so there isn't much to see. My valve rods are coming through the material with the handle on the end. I'm seriously considering removing the underbelly on at least one side to make sure that the handle just wasn't sealed up inside at the factory...which I've heard wouldn't be the first time. LOL.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:35 PM   #8

Also, the other gray lever is on the rail 6-9 inches above the black tank lever...
Tell us which one you are seeing and I can help guide you.
buckeyefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:35 PM   #9
TCB Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan View Post
On my Salem 312QBUD there are 2 gray tanks and black tank and three levers to drain.
The handle for the second gray tank is under the bunk slide. It is easiest to drain by squatting near the rear scissor jack.
I see that one but where is the other gray valve. The only other lever that I see is the one near the main drainage pipe. It discharges the black water. I need to find the other lever which I suspect is hiding under the underbelly.

thanks for the help!

James
Old 02-21-2012, 08:39 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jherald02 View Post
I believe that there is a galley tank and a gray tank but I cannot locate another pull valve anywhere under the trailer. This wasn't covered during my demo and no one at the dealer seems to know if there is a separate pull valve.

I'm really stumped. I hope it's not clogged but I can't really imagine that it is.
Does the display indicate the tank is full? If it does not, it's possibly a plugged drain. Try a plunger on the drain, couldn't hurt.
shooted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:04 PM   #11
TCB Baby!

Thumbs up

Problem solved. A big thank you to BuckeyeFan.

Luckily I didn't return my unit to storage so it was convenient to go look out front. I pulled the lever and voila...bottom line, my street is now lined with 30 gallons of soapy water.

Thanks all.

James