Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2017, 04:05 PM   #361
I go RV'ing not Camping

Got her all setup and I think the window tinting turned out awesome.

1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 11:44 AM   #362

So, my ac unit has been acting up, not cooling really well and freezing up. Talked to my local trusty rv repair guy who told me Dometic had a known "bad batch" of units in 2015/2016. I called Dometic, verified warranty coverage, they referred me to a local authorized Dometic repair guy, had him come out to check it, now Dometic is sending a new unit, no questions asked. Yes, they are replacing the entire unit. If you think your unit is not performing properly do yourself a favor and have it checked out. 2 year warranty to original owner on the ac unit.
Salem312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 12:12 PM   #363
I go RV'ing not Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salem312 View Post
So, my ac unit has been acting up, not cooling really well and freezing up. Talked to my local trusty rv repair guy who told me Dometic had a known "bad batch" of units in 2015/2016. I called Dometic, verified warranty coverage, they referred me to a local authorized Dometic repair guy, had him come out to check it, now Dometic is sending a new unit, no questions asked. Yes, they are replacing the entire unit. If you think your unit is not performing properly do yourself a favor and have it checked out. 2 year warranty to original owner on the ac unit.
That is a great suggestion and that is why I am so glad we have this thread

So just so I know as my trailer is 2015 what does freezing up mean??
Old 05-10-2017, 12:42 PM   #364

The coil actual develops ice due to low freon. I am told Dometic purchased thousands of units from overseas, some were shipped with low freon and some shipped with NO freon. The company is aware of the issues so they are willingly taking care of it. Good news is lead time is only 2-3days to get new unit..Click image for larger version

Name:	20170507_145204.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	137416
Old 05-10-2017, 12:44 PM   #365

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgourlie View Post
Got her all setup and I think the window tinting turned out awesome.

Can't see your pics. Don't know if it's me or the app.
Old 05-10-2017, 12:46 PM   #366
I go RV'ing not Camping

Quote:
The coil actual develops ice due to low freon. I am told Dometic purchased thousands of units from overseas, some were shipped with low freon and some shipped with NO freon. The company is aware of the issues so they are willingly taking care of it. Good news is lead time is only 2-3days to get new unit..Attachment 137416
I am sure that I have the same problem, but it never get's hot enough here in Alberta for it too freeze up, hopefully I can get it to show it icing up this year as my warranty is running out. Although my trailer seems to cool just fine so far.
Old 05-10-2017, 12:48 PM   #367
I go RV'ing not Camping

Quote:
Can't see your pics. Don't know if it's me or the app.
I am seeing the pictures on my work computer showing up, although I did have a hard time posting them so it could be both of us...LOL
Old 05-10-2017, 02:27 PM   #368

Quote:
I am sure that I have the same problem, but it never get's hot enough here in Alberta for it too freeze up, hopefully I can get it to show it icing up this year as my warranty is running out. Although my trailer seems to cool just fine so far.
Mine cooled fine for the first year but it seems kicking it off for the first time this year, it wasn't cooling properly. We see high humidity in south MS for most of the year with summertime temps in the 90s. Lately we've been topping out around 82-85 degrees. When it froze up last weekend the outside temp was sunny & 75 so no reason for it to not do its job. Glad I got in touch with the right guy!
Old 05-10-2017, 02:28 PM   #369

Quote:
I am seeing the pictures on my work computer showing up, although I did have a hard time posting them so it could be both of us...LOL
I do 98% of interweb stuff on my phone so it's probably me. [emoji1]
Old 05-10-2017, 02:34 PM   #370

I see the pics fine on my phone in app.
atcbrownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 01:13 PM   #371

Linc Hub not working. The tablet only works in the dock, will not connect off dock. Also, I have the LCI ONECONTROL app which used to work great but it no longer connects. I think the Linc Hub unit in the cabinet is no longer transmitting. Anyone had similar issues?
Old 05-12-2017, 04:09 PM   #372
I go RV'ing not Camping

Quote:
Linc Hub not working. The tablet only works in the dock, will not connect off dock. Also, I have the LCI ONECONTROL app which used to work great but it no longer connects. I think the Linc Hub unit in the cabinet is no longer transmitting. Anyone had similar issues?
How do you mean only works in the dock? As in when it is charging?
Old 05-12-2017, 05:24 PM   #373

Quote:
How do you mean only works in the dock? As in when it is charging?
Yes. Unplug it, try to use it outside, no-go.
Old 05-12-2017, 05:36 PM   #374

Must be a range issue. The plug only provides power. It does not provide data to the hub. I personally find the tablet to be more of a hassle than it's worth. I don't even use it.
atcbrownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 06:56 PM   #375
I go RV'ing not Camping

Quote:
Yes. Unplug it, try to use it outside, no-go.
That's why I added a wireless extender and I get much better distance now.

I just had the extender connect to the linchub network and rebroadcast the signal. Works good.

Before I added the extender I couldn't even go outside to watch the slides come out of the trailer while using the tablet.

I have heard that lippert has an antenna or some kind of booster for the linchub that works pretty good also
Old 06-03-2017, 09:26 PM   #376

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinemanSeth View Post
I pull with a 2014 Chevy 1500 crew cab. It knows it's back there for sure. Make sure that they cover everything, even were the pump is to winterize, glad I ask on that one its in a horrible spot. My guy got to talking to much about life and went around a bunch of stuff, had to get him back on track. He ask me if I wanted to video the walk through for my reference at a Iater time. I had a Great dealer the sale part was easy and the service department seems to be really well they bent over backward for me on the stuff I ask them to fix and did a good clean job.

Where is the pump to winterize? My dealer never showed me
Michael5457 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 09:30 PM   #377
I go RV'ing not Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael5457 View Post
Where is the pump to winterize? My dealer never showed me
Mine is next to the stove. It's a big wood panel with 4 screws and has a round furnace vent in it
Old 06-05-2017, 10:49 PM   #378

312qbuds

I recently purchased a 2017 Salem hemisphere 312qbuds I have noticed that the heat doesn't make it back to the rear of the camper and I have seen it has been an issue anybody else have the same problem and if so how did you fix it?
Cpowers17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 01:31 AM   #379
I go RV'ing not Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpowers17 View Post
I recently purchased a 2017 Salem hemisphere 312qbuds I have noticed that the heat doesn't make it back to the rear of the camper and I have seen it has been an issue anybody else have the same problem and if so how did you fix it?
Here is how I solved the problem for my girls in our trailer. First I complained to my dealer and they took out a bunch of the heater hose going to the bunkhouse vent, the told me 3 feet or so of excess. That made it blow a bit better but didn't solve the problem.

So I got an electric space heater, one that has a safety feature that if it tips over it shuts off.

Then I spent a night in the trailer by myself and adjusted and tested the heater so that it would only heat to 72 degrees, same as the rest of the trailer. I used a baby monitor with a thermometer reading to verify the 72 degrees in the bunkhouse. Then I put a piece of tape and marked the exact spot on the dial of the heater so that it could never be changed/moved. So all I have to do is plug it in. It took me till 4am to finally get it right.

The next important step is you have to run your furnace fan on low or high setting all night I use low. With the fan always running it is continually mixing the air through the entire trailer. Without the air moving with the electric heater in the bunkhouse running by itself it makes the air very dry and hot and stuffy.

I also run the fan continually with the ac on as well just to keep the air even through the whole trailer for cooling purposes.

So far the kids sleep nice and coomfy and I don't worry about them getting cold.
Old 06-06-2017, 09:54 AM   #380

That's what I was afraid of having to do I wish there was a better way like the camper working like it should
Cpowers17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioner, modifications, outdoor kitchen, outdoor tv, television