RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 09-18-2017, 07:48 AM   #421

Dear Oops!

I believe that I may have ran into the same issue as you once upon the time? My children have been playing with the remote for the lies and the stabilizer jacks and news to me if control the outside lights as well! Regardless of the switch positions inside the camper I also had to turn off the light switch on my remote. I understand there have been a couple different versions of these remotes for controlling these electrical accessories. My mind is a little bit larger than the size of a credit card in the thickness of the home. I hope this helps?
HemiCamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 07:57 AM   #422

"[Posted by: cstreu1026
On: 09-17-2017 08:45 PM

Were any of these built with HVAC ducts in the bathroom? Ours has none and it's hot in the summer and cold is when the temps start to fall.)"

Regarding the HVAC ducts. I have an early 2015 model and that is one of my bigger complaints about my camper! I tend to adjust the level of the camper so the bathroom door will stay open if it's not pushed completely closed. That helps with with the air circulation during the warmer or cooler temperatures! I usually have a fan on the floor over by the dinette moving air that way with the bathroom vent open as well. This seems to help stabilize temperatures! I have tried to look up in the ceiling for a path to install ductwork. It appears not possible with the roof structure in the ceiling above the bathroom. If anybody knows a trick on getting heat or air conditioning to the bathroom please share!
Old 09-18-2017, 09:53 AM   #423

Thanks Hemi!

Never noticed you could run the lights w/ the remote. Thinking back my son was using the remote for the slides about the time I noticed the lights wouldn't turn off... I bet that's it - Ill check when I get home. Of course overriding the switch makes about as much sense as not putting a duct in the bathroom... Way to go FR! LOL
So yes in 2016 they didn't put a duct in there either. I have been considering putting a louver in the door but it would only help a little. Leaving the door open is the best solution thus far. Makes the hallway challenging but it helps the temps.
Oops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 10:30 AM   #424

You're welcome Oops. I think I've read the suggestion to run a heat duct under the pantry.... under the tub and put a vent on the side of the bottom of the tub? Haven't read where that has been done?
Old 09-18-2017, 11:23 AM   #425

Following up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salem312 View Post
So, my ac unit has been acting up, not cooling really well and freezing up. Talked to my local trusty rv repair guy who told me Dometic had a known "bad batch" of units in 2015/2016. I called Dometic, verified warranty coverage, they referred me to a local authorized Dometic repair guy, had him come out to check it, now Dometic is sending a new unit, no questions asked. Yes, they are replacing the entire unit. If you think your unit is not performing properly do yourself a favor and have it checked out. 2 year warranty to original owner on the ac unit.
Salem, not sure how I missed your AC post - we are having the same issue & when down in FL it was icing & I actually had a tech out to look at it & he said it was w/in parameters & we just needed to add the 2nd unit. I am planning to before next season as Capt suggested the unit. But this weekend we had 80's here & it was still blowing water out all over the floor... It didn't do that the 1st year we owned it. Did the new unit take care of it & cool it in moderate weather?
Old 09-18-2017, 06:09 PM   #426

Thanks again Hemi - that was it!
On the bright side at least now I know every fuse in the TT and what the inside of the switch panel looks like lol
Old 09-18-2017, 10:11 PM   #427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oops View Post
Thanks again Hemi - that was it!
On the bright side at least now I know every fuse in the TT and what the inside of the switch panel looks like lol
Great update Oops! Enjoy.
Old 10-14-2017, 04:46 PM   #428

Residential fridge on inverter Q?

We've got a '17 model with the resi fridge on Inverter. Has anyone found access to the rear or underside of the fridge and seen how this is wired?

Since tyring to boondock with this resi fridge is nearly impossible without a very expensive upgrade, I was looking to find a way to unplug the resi fridge on dry trips and instead add a surge strip or wire a second outlet to the inverter power. 1000w is all I need to be able to run on battery power.

I'm looking to use the equipement already on the camper rather than wire a second inverter.

Anyone found a way or tried something similar?
epfd217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 01:32 PM   #429

Does anyone know what the purpose of these two hoses below water pump are for? Click image for larger version

Name:	20171021_142908.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	154656Click image for larger version

Name:	20171021_142913.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	154657
Bdwilson78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 01:40 PM   #430

Does anyone know what these two hoses below fresh water pump do?
Old 10-21-2017, 01:50 PM   #431

Those hoses are the overflow and the drain for your freshwater tank.
Old 10-21-2017, 03:12 PM   #432

Thank you
Old 10-22-2017, 10:46 AM   #433

Quote:
Originally Posted by epfd217 View Post
Those hoses are the overflow and the drain for your freshwater tank.
BDWilson78...
I agree with the response that they should be the overflow and drain for the freshwater tank. My question for you is:
Is there a valve on one of the two hoses, to drain the tank? On my camper (2015) one is open (no valve), that's the overflow and the other has a valve, that's the drain. It's hard for me to see on my phone, in your pics, but I don't see a valve? Good luck and welcome to the group!
Old 10-22-2017, 03:17 PM   #434

The valve for the drain tube is at the end of the hose with a T in it.
Old 10-22-2017, 03:18 PM   #435

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the 312qbud?

Has anyone repurposed the inverter or replaced with a larger inverter to be used for the whole rig (minus A/C)?
Old 10-24-2017, 11:36 PM   #436
I go RV'ing not Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by epfd217 View Post
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the 312qbud?

Has anyone repurposed the inverter or replaced with a larger inverter to be used for the whole rig (minus A/C)?
I donít have access to a wiring diagram, but this sounds like a cool project
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 12:17 AM   #437

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgourlie View Post
I donít have access to a wiring diagram, but this sounds like a cool project
Some of us wonder if they have a wiring or plumbing diagram on the assembly line.... every unit is new adventure.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 08:39 PM   #438

Oops, sorry for the delayed response, i haven't been on in a while. Actually sold my QBUD a couple weeks ago and bought a Highland Ridge Toyhauler. Anyway, yes the new unit took care of the icing up problem. I still think one unit is insufficient in the south for a unit this size. I actually bought one of those portable LG ac units, made a blank for the exhaust duct and mounted it over the small crank-out window in the bunk room, and voila - second ac unit. Can run both units on the 30 amp service too. With night-time temps in the low 80's the LG unit alone would actually cool the whole camper. But yes, the new Dometic roof-top unit cured the icing up and water dripping.
Salem312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 11:03 PM   #439

Thanks Salem. Enjoy the toy hauler!
Old 12-01-2017, 07:13 AM   #440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salem312 View Post
Oops, sorry for the delayed response, i haven't been on in a while. Actually sold my QBUD a couple weeks ago and bought a Highland Ridge Toyhauler. Anyway, yes the new unit took care of the icing up problem. I still think one unit is insufficient in the south for a unit this size. I actually bought one of those portable LG ac units, made a blank for the exhaust duct and mounted it over the small crank-out window in the bunk room, and voila - second ac unit. Can run both units on the 30 amp service too. With night-time temps in the low 80's the LG unit alone would actually cool the whole camper. But yes, the new Dometic roof-top unit cured the icing up and water dripping.

Thanks Salem... this has been a great thread! Enjoy your new rig! Here in Michigan, our campers are put away for the winter and reservation plans for 2018 are underway! Take care!
:

Tags
air conditioner, modifications, outdoor kitchen, outdoor tv, television