Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-21-2015, 12:47 PM   #81

MY RV Lippert Tablet

I need to replace the tablet that came with my Heritage Glen 312QBUD. The power receptacle on the tablet had been pushed into the tablet itself and is unrepairable according to two different vendors that looked at it (not cost effective). The receptacle is soldered to the motherboard and cannot be repaired without replacing the motherboard.
Is this item available through the dealer or do I have to deal directly with Lippert Components?
bjmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 02:08 PM   #82
I go RV'ing not Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmartin View Post
I need to replace the tablet that came with my Heritage Glen 312QBUD. The power receptacle on the tablet had been pushed into the tablet itself and is unrepairable according to two different vendors that looked at it (not cost effective). The receptacle is soldered to the motherboard and cannot be repaired without replacing the motherboard.
Is this item available through the dealer or do I have to deal directly with Lippert Components?
So you took it too a place that repairs Iphones etc... and they said they couldn't do it?? (I would think that type of place should)

I would actually try your dealer and try and get it warrantied first step.

I called Lippert about getting the wireless booster to improve the hub signal and they wanted something crazy for it like $450 if I remember correctly. I would try to get a price from your dealer if they won't warranty it as they may be able to get better pricing from Lippert as they are a dealer.

If your dealer can't do it, of course Lippert will sell it to you.

Hope that helps,
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 02:26 PM   #83

I didn't know anyone actually used the tablet. I have found mine about worthless. The only time that I have really used it is set up of the camper. By the time it boots and connects to the stabilizers I could have just used the buttons outside and been done
atcbrownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:27 PM   #84

Has anyone added a roof ladder to their trailer? Or does anyone know if you can mount one?

2014 Heritage Glen 312QBUD
2015 RAM 1500 Crew Cab
Fab 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:35 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab 5 View Post
Has anyone added a roof ladder to their trailer? Or does anyone know if you can mount one?

2015 RAM 1500 Crew Cab
My Hemisphere 312QBUD came with a roof ladder. They are sister units, so the internal mounts/bracing should be there, but you should be absolutely sure before you start that it will hold the weight. The Dealer or calling Forest River should be able to let you know if and where the ladder bracings are.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:49 PM   #86

My Salem hemisphere came with one as well
Old 01-06-2016, 08:22 PM   #87

OK so this might be a bit of an odd ball question, but do any of you have ice machines and if so size and per day capacity. Currently running in a 312 qbud but besides the reefer we also keep a adult beverage cooler. Buying ice can get pricey, so off the wall though buy the ice maker, attach to water line in outdoor kitchen and ice for coolers. What's everyone's thoughts?
Zecrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 09:12 PM   #88

I don't have one but it sounds like a good idea. I would love to not have to buy ice
Old 01-08-2016, 03:31 PM   #89
I go RV'ing not Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zecrom View Post
OK so this might be a bit of an odd ball question, but do any of you have ice machines and if so size and per day capacity. Currently running in a 312 qbud but besides the reefer we also keep a adult beverage cooler. Buying ice can get pricey, so off the wall though buy the ice maker, attach to water line in outdoor kitchen and ice for coolers. What's everyone's thoughts?
I have been seeing posts on the website regarding ice makers...it has started to peak my curiosity about putting one in....although admittedly we mostly just use bottled drinks so we don't have need for ice, just the cold one's in the outside fridge.

Keep us updated if you do decide to put in a machine though....I tend to respond to peer pressure and will probably put one in also
Old 01-08-2016, 07:00 PM   #90

Quote:

We bought one off amazon it is a counter top one so it does not hook up to the trailer water, so we have to put water in it. We did this for 2 reasons: first we wanted to be able to use it for parties in our house, and we filter water from the tap through a Water pitcher.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004V...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2015 RAM 1500 Crew Cab
Old 01-17-2016, 12:51 PM   #91

We are about to pick our 312QBUD tomorrow morning. Anyone have any tips they wish they had known before hand that they would like to share. It would be most appreciated.
JustJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 01:05 PM   #92
I go RV'ing not Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJ View Post
We are about to pick our 312QBUD tomorrow morning. Anyone have any tips they wish they had known before hand that they would like to share. It would be most appreciated.
Just make sure to check everything and make sure everything works on the trailer. Once you leave it is going to be hard to get anything fixed if it needs it.

The dealership will most likely try and rush you out the door. Don't let them hurry you or give you any excuse why you can't test a system or function of the trailer.

Buy the 2nd year warranty from forest River

Hope that helps?
Old 01-17-2016, 01:14 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgourlie View Post
Just make sure to check everything and make sure everything works on the trailer. Once you leave it is going to be hard to get anything fixed if it needs it.

The dealership will most likely try and rush you out the door. Don't let them hurry you or give you any excuse why you can't test a system or function of the trailer.

Buy the 2nd year warranty from forest River

Hope that helps?

Thanks. They told us to be prepared to be there for about 3 hrs. for the walk through. Guess I am just feeling a bit nervous cuz we are in Mi. So the coach has already been winterized. We won't be able to de winterize before we leave for warmer temps in a couple weeks. But we will take it as it comes. That is the whole point of the RV lifestyle. Thanks again.
JustJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 12:15 AM   #94

I think I may have found my bathroom heat solution. Looking for a heat option for the wife's closet and came across this. http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?...llow&cId=PDIO1 Thinking install into the sink cabinet and install new breaker for it and wa lah...heat. What y'all think?
Old 02-15-2016, 12:32 AM   #95

Oh I like this one too...http://www.lowes.com/pd_121775-1509-...d=3850685&Ntt=
Old 02-15-2016, 12:35 AM   #96

The heater shown is a 240 volt wall unit will not work in your trailer. Plus if you do add an other breaker be careful not to exceed the amperage of your unit.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 12:45 AM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper View Post
The heater shown is a 240 volt wall unit will not work in your trailer. Plus if you do add an other breaker be careful not to exceed the amperage of your unit.
Sorry about that pulled the wrong address. They do make a 120 volt as that would have to be the one I use in the wife's closet at the house.
Old 02-15-2016, 08:38 AM   #98

Quote:

I love the idea while we do not routinely camp in cold wether we do take trips to Florida during the winter months which often requires us to over night in the cold. So I know what you are talking about with the cold bathroom, my only concern would be moisture, most building codes require special precautions to be taken in wet areas like bathrooms and kitchens, they require things like GFIs ect. So I would be careful, maybe talk to an electrician or rv tech to get a professional opinion. Just my 1.5 cents.

2015 RAM 1500 Crew Cab
Old 02-21-2016, 01:53 AM   #99
I go RV'ing not Camping

I had to go pickup my new to me truck from the dealership that I purchased it at today, which also happens to be the same town that my trailer is stored at (70 miles from my home).

Popped my head in the trailer and she has been sleeping nice and comfortable all winter....Still pretty shiny from when I waxed her in the fall (that was time well spent) and after everything was said and done I got the itch to take her out on a trip....just 3 months to go!!
Old 02-21-2016, 02:10 AM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgourlie View Post
I had to go pickup my new to me truck from the dealership that I purchased it at today, which also happens to be the same town that my trailer is stored at (70 miles from my home).

Popped my head in the trailer and she has been sleeping nice and comfortable all winter....Still pretty shiny from when I waxed her in the fall (that was time well spent) and after everything was said and done I got the itch to take her out on a trip....just 3 months to go!!
Our first is April 23. Can't wait for new season.

Tags
air conditioner, modifications, outdoor kitchen, outdoor tv, television