Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2017, 06:57 AM   #321

Our campground turns the water on April 1st...but still way too cold lol
Koolcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 11:44 AM   #322
I go RV'ing not Camping

This past year we should have started camping in April, it was the nicest month until July. We waited till May, cause that's the rule and it cost us 2 or 3 weekends that we could have been out early enjoying our great trailer.
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:08 PM   #323
I go RV'ing not Camping

Well how about that for timing. My outside kitchen door came in today! Yahoooooooooooo.

Now if there wasn't a foot of snow on the ground I might be able to get it in to the shop for repairs. First nice day it's going in, I guarantee it!
Old 01-09-2017, 08:47 PM   #324

Mines been at the shop for a month now waiting for paint
Zecrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 11:39 PM   #325
I go RV'ing not Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zecrom View Post
Mines been at the shop for a month now waiting for paint
Paint on the kitchen door?
Old 01-10-2017, 07:11 AM   #326

No I took it in for inspection and someone hit the nose cone. Been waiting for bodywork and paint to be done.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:39 PM   #327
I go RV'ing not Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zecrom View Post
No I took it in for inspection and someone hit the nose cone. Been waiting for bodywork and paint to be done.
Are you planning to go with a lighter colour nose like some of the other brand trailers have done because of the dreaded cap fade?
Old 01-10-2017, 07:58 PM   #328

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgourlie View Post
Are you planning to go with a lighter colour nose like some of the other brand trailers have done because of the dreaded cap fade?
No the spot being fixed is not large enough and the shop is paying for it so I can't change it that much.
Old 02-26-2017, 12:50 AM   #329
I go RV'ing not Camping

Finally had my outside kitchen door replaced by the dealer. Took twenty minutes to replace but six months to get the door from forest river.

I also took the trailer to a local window tint shop and had a heat rejecting limo tint put on all the windows. I think it turned out fantastic. I will post some pictures in the spring once I can get the trailer back out of storage.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:44 PM   #330

Right on my outside kitchen door is on order as well. Forest river was well aware of the problem and it was a warranty item.
branpar83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 04:10 PM   #331

Has anyone had issues with the black tank flush not working correctly? When I first got the camper it made a loud noticeable buzzing vibrating sounding pressure when running now it doesn't..and I've noticed that the tank doesn't clean out correctly and the dealership has been out twice and said that they can't find any issues...but I've been reading into the vacuum break or check valve...do you think this is what I'm dealing with...I hate telling the dealership what to fix considering its there job..but I want it fixed lol
Old 03-04-2017, 04:17 PM   #332

I have had the same issue. I replaced the vacuum break and it made zero difference. What has helped it using compressed air and blow through the black tank flush.
atcbrownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 04:31 PM   #333
I go RV'ing not Camping

Does the black tank fill with water still when you are using the flush?
Old 03-04-2017, 05:56 PM   #334

It does fill with water...but it doesn't feel pressurized like it was before. It feels like it's just running straight through at normal psi from the hose...I will have to buy an adapter and give the air pressure a try
Old 03-11-2017, 04:14 PM   #335

Spring - finally!!!
Had our 312 in for warranty work all winter and brought her home today. Now if they will just turn on the water at the camp lol
Our black tank never really has gotten the tank clean clean, it helps but we went back to the wand after each trip. There's a corner of the tank the rinse just doesn't get and the wand gets it all much better.
Question - our outside speaker is much quieter than the inside ones. It's bad, just to hear the outside speaker the inside is blasting! This was on our repair list and they replaced the radio battery was dead so I took their word it worked - yep my bad but I'm wondering if there is an adjustment like a car radio to change the volume per A B or C?
Oops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:01 PM   #336

Question Should I avoid the 312QBUD???

I am very close on sealing the deal on a 2015 Salem Hemisphere 312QBUD. But after reading some of these posts, I am second guessing my decision.

Bathroom and/or Bunkroom not getting heat or A/C?
Outside kitchen door getting a bow in it or becoming loose from hinge point?
Slides out of tolerance?
30 amp not capable to run electrical devices without tripping breaker?
Electric stabilizers worthless?
A/C not capable of cooling camper?
Black water tank not flushing?

I understand campers having fit and finish issues, but the more I read the more I am concerned that this camper is really just a big ol' money pit...

I was attracted to the size of the camper and how conducive the extra space would be for my family.

Looking for some salient advice before I commit to the purchase. Thoughts?

d1
defiant0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:22 PM   #337

Quote:
Originally Posted by defiant0ne View Post
I am very close on sealing the deal on a 2015 Salem Hemisphere 312QBUD. But after reading some of these posts, I am second guessing my decision.

Slides out of tolerance?

I understand campers having fit and finish issues, but the more I read the more I am concerned that this camper is really just a big ol' money pit...

I was attracted to the size of the camper and how conducive the extra space would be for my family.

d1
If a large camper is 30 amp it is time to walk. If 50,,, the other items should be discussed. 30 amp means 1 AC which will not cool a decent size camper.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:18 PM   #338
I go RV'ing not Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by defiant0ne View Post

Slides out of tolerance?

d1
We are really happy with our Qbud for the same reasons you are considering buying one. It has plenty of size for our family of 4. My trailer has had a few issues from your list, but all of them were corrected by warranty.

The good thing about buying a used trailer is any problems it may have would have been fixed by the previous owner.

If you are worried about anything on that list you can purchase an extended warranty that would repair any of those issues mentioned.

As for the 50amp that is a take it or leave it for me. None of the campgrounds close to me have 50amp service, so no benefit for me. As for tripping the breaker once my wife figured out you can't run the microwave and ac at the same time, we have never tripped the breaker since.

As for cooling the trailer the ac I have cools it, it just never shuts off during the day, that was why I added the solar tint cause now I am certain the ac will shut off a couple times an hour when it's really hot.

Hope that helps,
Old 03-21-2017, 07:58 AM   #339

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgourlie View Post
We are really happy with our Qbud for the same reasons you are considering buying one. It has plenty of size for our family of 4. My trailer has had a few issues from your list, but all of them were corrected by warranty.

The good thing about buying a used trailer is any problems it may have would have been fixed by the previous owner.

If you are worried about anything on that list you can purchase an extended warranty that would repair any of those issues mentioned.

As for the 50amp that is a take it or leave it for me. None of the campgrounds close to me have 50amp service, so no benefit for me. As for tripping the breaker once my wife figured out you can't run the microwave and ac at the same time, we have never tripped the breaker since.

As for cooling the trailer the ac I have cools it, it just never shuts off during the day, that was why I added the solar tint cause now I am certain the ac will shut off a couple times an hour when it's really hot.

Hope that helps,
You bring up a good point about 50 amp service not being available at a lot of campsites.

The solar tint seems like a good idea. I might be ok with cooling as the campsite we will be using does have a lot of tall trees surrounding the site.

What type of extended warranty will allow warranty work to be accomplished at any dealership? The dealer I am purchasing the camper from is a 4 1/2 hour drive. Towing the camper back and forth is not conducive.

Thank youfor the reply.
d1
defiant0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:48 AM   #340

Hey folks, need quick help if anyone is able. Can you tell me the dimensions of the outside kitchen door? Think there's a label on the back side of door with size and maybe a part number? Thanks in advance!
Salem312 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioner, modifications, outdoor kitchen, outdoor tv, television