Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2017, 11:51 AM   #341

Quote:
Originally Posted by defiant0ne View Post
You bring up a good point about 50 amp service not being available at a lot of campsites.

The solar tint seems like a good idea. I might be ok with cooling as the campsite we will be using does have a lot of tall trees surrounding the site.

What type of extended warranty will allow warranty work to be accomplished at any dealership? The dealer I am purchasing the camper from is a 4 1/2 hour drive. Towing the camper back and forth is not conducive.

Thank youfor the reply.
d1
You can always go down to 30 but once at 30 can not go up without a huge expense. Hurts trade in as well. If you go south much and decide you need a 2nd AC, never going to happen. IMO when told all you NEED is 30 amp it is true but usually stated by those that wish they had 50.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:08 PM   #342

Quote:
Originally Posted by defiant0ne View Post
I am very close on sealing the deal on a 2015 Salem Hemisphere 312QBUD. But after reading some of these posts, I am second guessing my decision.

Bathroom and/or Bunkroom not getting heat or A/C?
Outside kitchen door getting a bow in it or becoming loose from hinge point?
Slides out of tolerance?
30 amp not capable to run electrical devices without tripping breaker?
Electric stabilizers worthless?
A/C not capable of cooling camper?
Black water tank not flushing?

I understand campers having fit and finish issues, but the more I read the more I am concerned that this camper is really just a big ol' money pit...

I was attracted to the size of the camper and how conducive the extra space would be for my family.

Looking for some salient advice before I commit to the purchase. Thoughts?

d1
I live in South MS and primarily camp along the Gulf Coast where summertime temps are upper 90's with similar humidity. The single 15k ac unit keeps us cool just fine. The 30 amp service will handle the microwave and ac simultaneously but you can't throw in a hair dryer, coffee pot, or iron; you'll have to turn something off. Forrest River is covering all my cosmetic and fit/finish issues under warranty. We love our unit. And yes, we do use it...about a trip a month, through both hot and cold weather. Best of luck!
Salem312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:36 PM   #343
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
You can add a second A/C.....Just run a separate cord to 20amp receptacle on Pedestal
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 02:18 AM   #344
I go RV'ing not Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salem312 View Post
Hey folks, need quick help if anyone is able. Can you tell me the dimensions of the outside kitchen door? Think there's a label on the back side of door with size and maybe a part number? Thanks in advance!
20X48613A- $283.86

Lucky I still had that in my emails.

Hope that helps,
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 07:05 AM   #345

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgourlie View Post
20X48613A- $283.86

Lucky I still had that in my emails.

Hope that helps,
Thanks jgourlie! Forrest River has approved all repairs under warranty so Camping World has started ordering parts; they called me needing that info yesterday.
Old 03-22-2017, 04:52 PM   #346

Fresh Water Tank overflow

Hi all, I have a 2016 Heritage Glen 312qbud. I was sanitizing my fresh water tank last spring for the first time and noticed water pouring out of the underbelly in the front of my RV. Long story short I tried refilling the fresh water take again yesterday and the same thing happened. Further investigating I found on the slide side water was pouring out from the plastic underbelly. I cut the water off, but the water kept flowing out. Well I found the problem, I took two of the underbelly nails out and found a drain hose just laying on the underbelly. No hole was cut for this hose to exit the bottom. Can someone please verify this is is what is going on with my qbud. Is there in fact a overflow hose on both sides of the fresh water tank. Thank you and I do appreciate this site. Very helpful indeed.
farmdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 05:55 PM   #347

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmdog View Post
Hi all, I have a 2016 Heritage Glen 312qbud. I was sanitizing my fresh water tank last spring for the first time and noticed water pouring out of the underbelly in the front of my RV. Long story short I tried refilling the fresh water take again yesterday and the same thing happened. Further investigating I found on the slide side water was pouring out from the plastic underbelly. I cut the water off, but the water kept flowing out. Well I found the problem, I took two of the underbelly nails out and found a drain hose just laying on the underbelly. No hole was cut for this hose to exit the bottom. Can someone please verify this is is what is going on with my qbud. Is there in fact a overflow hose on both sides of the fresh water tank. Thank you and I do appreciate this site. Very helpful indeed.
My unit has the low point drain as well as a vent tube which exit the underbelly just aft of the main entry door. The potable tank tends to purge its self on occasion. In doing so it will drain water from the vent tube. No rhyme or reason to it. Sounds like you might be having similar issue.Click image for larger version

Name:	1490223282065.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	431.7 KB
ID:	132515
Old 03-22-2017, 06:53 PM   #348

Quote:
My unit has the low point drain as well as a vent tube which exit the underbelly just aft of the main entry door. The potable tank tends to purge its self on occasion. In doing so it will drain water from the vent tube. No rhyme or reason to it. Sounds like you might be having similar issue.Attachment 132515
Thank you Salem312 for your quick response. Looking at your picture I may have a bigger issue. Looks like all 3 hoses exit at the same place in your picture. Mine only has 2, I assume one is a vent and the other is the drain valve. I bet that the hose I show in the my picture exiting on the slide side suppose to be connected to the other hoses. I will have to take another look to see what is going on. At least I have the water exiting on the ground vs inside my underbelly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170322_192124379.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	290.7 KB
ID:	132525
Old 03-22-2017, 07:53 PM   #349

Ok you got my curiousity up so I crawled under mine. Pipes look the same as yours. Two on the door side and one on the slide side. If I can post a pic - I'll try a bit more mine are exposed showing a line the Tees into the drain.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3645.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	261.6 KB
ID:	132536   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3637.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	270.7 KB
ID:	132537  
Oops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 08:01 PM   #350

My assumption was that the two on the door side were drain and vent. And the slide pipe was the full overflow. That may not be correct it was just what I assumed was going on under there...
Old 03-22-2017, 08:13 PM   #351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oops View Post
My assumption was that the two on the door side were drain and vent. And the slide pipe was the full overflow. That may not be correct it was just what I assumed was going on under there...
That is exactly what I was looking for, thank you. The hose on the slide side was not sticking through the underbelly. When It started to get full it would exit out of the front of the RV. Thanks again for taking the time to take the pictures. This answered my question.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:08 AM   #352

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oops View Post
That's my assumption too, drain with valve, vent, and full overflow. My unit is a 2015, maybe FR made different connections on the '16s and that's the reason you guys have the tee with a line on the slide side. In fact, that might be the fix to the purge/siphon issue I have.
Old 03-23-2017, 03:10 PM   #353

Quote:
That's my assumption too, drain with valve, vent, and full overflow. My unit is a 2015, maybe FR made different connections on the '16s and that's the reason you guys have the tee with a line on the slide side. In fact, that might be the fix to the purge/siphon issue I have.
I had actually emailed Forest River and was going to set up a appointment to get it looked at but I got lucky just pulling out the two nails and looking to see where the water was coming from. I wish I would have took a picture of the side of the tank, there was an actual hose fitting coming out of the tank on the slide side, no tee. I cut a hole in the plastic and dropped it straight down out of the plastic underbelly. Just hope it didn't mess up anything with the water laying in the underbelly. Everything seems to be working properly.
Old 03-23-2017, 06:01 PM   #354

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmdog View Post
I had actually emailed Forest River and was going to set up a appointment to get it looked at but I got lucky just pulling out the two nails and looking to see where the water was coming from. I wish I would have took a picture of the side of the tank, there was an actual hose fitting coming out of the tank on the slide side, no tee. I cut a hole in the plastic and dropped it straight down out of the plastic underbelly. Just hope it didn't mess up anything with the water laying in the underbelly. Everything seems to be working properly.
I can't see it could have caused any damage. That plastic under belly cover is not sealed really well to begin with. I would think it gets incedental water when driving in the rain and such. I would like to think so long as it runs out and doesn't stay in there everything should be fine.
Old 04-11-2017, 12:30 AM   #355

Has anyone added solar to their Qbud yet? A trimetric? These are a couple things I'd like to integrate. We do some boondocking and I'd like to use more features of the camper. The residential fridge/inverter combo in my '17 make sit tough to do so we usually use a cooler instead if we know we won't have power.

With so much clear roof real estate over the bedroom I think it would be great for 300-400 watts of solar. Best way to route into the front compartment? This camper is more sealed up than any of our past rigs. Its hard to visualize the route of wiring.
epfd217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 05:15 PM   #356

Can anyone tell me how the battery wiring goes for two batteries, two sets of red and blacks from camper and one red and black jumper wires go? Pic would help removed batteries last fall and lost my diagram. 312qbud 2017 with inverter.
Bdwilson78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 05:14 PM   #357

2016 with inverter
On red and black is a loop that just links the batteries
The other go as seen in the pics

Name:	IMG_3746.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	515.9 KB
ID:	135652

Name:	IMG_3745.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	300.2 KB
ID:	135653

Name:	IMG_3741.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	434.2 KB
ID:	135654

Name:	IMG_3742.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	387.6 KB
ID:	135655
Old 04-23-2017, 05:20 PM   #358

Thank you so much your a gentlemen and a scholar. I just didn't want to smoke the inverter if I did it wrong
Bdwilson78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 07:37 PM   #359

So I got my new outside kitchen hatch installed today. It looks great, only issue is Camping World folks "forgot" to order the decals to go on it. That's another trip, another day. They took care of a few other warranty items, denied a few too. Took the unit to another RV joint to get slide toppers installed. We'll be ready for Memorial Day weekend!
Old 05-03-2017, 12:02 AM   #360
I go RV'ing not Camping

Picking the trailer up Thursday night from storage and will be heading out Friday night for the first night of the year.

Have to install my progressive ems and I think I am going to caulk all the seams on my new outside kitchen door Thursday night. Here's to hoping for no issues.
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioner, modifications, outdoor kitchen, outdoor tv, television