Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2012, 04:04 PM   #1

afraid of my water reservoir holding brackets

I was checking under my minilite trailer for a quick check up. I found the L channel for holding the water tank bowing. I have never carried any water while I was on the road. The only time I filled up the tank is when there was no hook up on the site and the tank was filled by hand.. Even the bracket for holding this long L channel is very flimsy concerning the welding. I will have to find a center support to add more strenght. I can imagine the members carrying their water on the road what could happen???!!! I have a 2011 rockwood minilite.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07029.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	10983   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07031.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	10984   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07032.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	10985  
capucine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:38 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I guess they designed the supports to gently cradle the FW tank.

Are the angle iron supports bolted or welded to the frame? If bolted, they'd be easy to replace with thicker, wider angle iron. A little harder if welded on, but not impossible. At least you don't have underbelly material to take off.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:14 PM   #3
Hob

Must be a Lippert frame. That is one more to add to my data about the crap Lippert puts out for frames.
Hob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:27 AM   #4

the bracket is bolted at the back with 2 self tapping screws and welded in the front. I am planning to put something like a felt inside the angle channel to protect the plastic from the tank to wear out the end of the tank. Since the angle iron is bowing the tank touch only the end creating some wear when running on the road. The tank is pretty loose and can move a bit with the rough roads.It is not the perfect desing to hold a tank. Everyting is flimsy!
capucine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:47 AM   #5
Hob

Welcome to the world of Lippert frames.
Hob is offline   Reply With Quote