Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2018, 10:50 AM   #1

After market auto leveling

Does anyone have any experience with any product that adds auto leveling to an existing trailer that came without them? I know lippert makes a system that you can add after the fact, just wondering if anyone has any actual experience with this or any other system. Interested to hear if you thought it was worth it and if product performance meets expectations.
ESEngvall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 10:57 AM   #2

Have no idea what unit you have but "Frame " must be HD for install of auto-level system! Don't let MFG of level tell you contact Your RV MFG! Youroo! !
Old 09-21-2018, 11:16 AM   #3

I looked briefly. The prices were so high I could just about trade in the 5th wheel for one with auto level and the hit id take on the trade would be about the cost of the ad on auto level. Guess im doing it the old fashion way till I up grade units down the road
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 01:06 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Have no idea what unit you have but "Frame " must be HD for install of auto-level system! Don't let MFG of level tell you contact Your RV MFG! Youroo! !
This is true , but they can beef up the existing frame, had the lippert 6 or. Installed on the cheap Rockwood Frame. They beefed it up never had any problems, I will not have a unit without it any more. Press the button and your done. Check the Big foot prices, there cheaper, it easier to use and works quite well. I have had them both now. I really do not care to know I'm 3 degrees off, lippert system has so many screens that really mean nothing, the failure rate is a lot higher, verified by post just on this forum. All you want that the unit is level who cares about the other BS

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 10:56 AM   #5

Yes I had a lippert system installed by RV Life Styles in Quartzsite AZ. They did a exciting job and I was very happy. About 3600.00. Total

But I wish I hadn't spent the money because we decided within 2 years to trade. The dealers give you nothing for upgrades.
Kwralph is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling