Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2011, 06:31 AM   #1

Anyone with Factory fitted Sidewinder?

I ordered the sidewinder option on a new Forest River 5er, someone messed up and it was not fitted. Now they say it cannot be fitted as Quote "Unfortunately the sidewinder is installed with directly on the frame and cannot be added afterward"
Which begs the question why do they sell them to the public to fit themselves, I understand that the Sidewinder turret bolts directly to the existing kingbox frame fitting the only issue is ordering a sidewinder to match the original pinbox frame fitting.
Or do Forest River eliminate they standard frame fitting to save costs and weld the sidewinder turret directly to the frame.
Does anyone know if this is true?
Nigels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:58 AM   #2

All that I have seen on the internet just bolt onto the existing frame on the trailer. You just have to make sure the one you get matches the original pinbox.
ayotte is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel