RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 01-26-2021, 01:14 AM   #1

Best electronic Leveler device?

Anyone know what brand is the best electronic leveler device out there? I need something I can mount to my trailer and while I'm leveling my trailer it'll alert me when the sweet spot hit.
What do you guys use?

is this the one everyone is using?
https://www.amazon.com/LogicBlue-Tec...sr=1-6-catcorr

Thank you.
Old 01-26-2021, 02:05 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboyz View Post
Anyone know what brand is the best electronic leveler device out there? I need something I can mount to my trailer and while I'm leveling my trailer it'll alert me when the sweet spot hit.
What do you guys use?

Thank you.
Wow, you are really picking some costly accessories.
I've never seen anyone using that device and I belong to a variety of RV forums.
Most of us use simple bubble levels or leveling apps on our cellphones.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 02:30 AM   #3

As much as I love gadgets, that does seem like a bit of overkill.
Just in case you camp in an area without a cell phone signal, you might want to pack a level.
We used bubble levelers on the outside of the trailer near the hitch.... one for vertical, one for horizontal.
Old 01-26-2021, 05:13 AM   #4

There are a few positive reviews on YouTube about them but of those I suspect some are sponsored. It looks cool but it would not be near the top of my ‘must have’ list. I use my iPhone app, free and accurate.
WanderMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 06:25 AM   #5
Citrus County, Fl.

I think emm-dee has one. Maybe you can pm him.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 09:05 AM   #6

We have had a LevelMate Pro for about a year and have used it about 30 times to manually level. It works well and does what it says it does. Occasionally I had to restart it to get it to connect to my phone but that's the only problem I have had with it. It is much faster then using auto level and much less bouncing around trying to get level.
DSurette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 09:32 AM   #7
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Best is subjective.

LevelMate Pro (that was referenced in the OP) gets mentioned a lot as do simple mobile leveling apps.

My stick on levels (applied once the R/V was leveled with a 4' level) do just fine.
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '18=51 '19=58 '20=110 '21=60
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 10:51 AM   #8
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Wow, you are really picking some costly accessories.
I've never seen anyone using that device and I belong to a variety of RV forums.
Most of us use simple bubble levels or leveling apps on our cellphones.
Thatís funny. Itís been mentioned here on FRF a few times. I have one and Babock actually modified it for me to run off of 12v in the RV so I didnít have to worry about batteries.

It works and tells you how far off of level you are in either direction. I like it most for overnights where I can move the rig a bit to find the most level spot.

For campgrounds, my wife does all of the leveling and she solely trusts a 2í level. She has a disdain for devices and refuses to use it! So ours doesnít get used all that often.

As for whoever said make sure you bring a level in case you donít have cell service- this uses Bluetooth to communicate with the app on your phone. No cellular service needed.
Old 01-26-2021, 11:55 AM   #9

so you saying just use the regular old leveler? put it on top of the hitch and level it that way? is there a leveler that you can purchase to stick it to the hitch or somewhere so its always there for me?

Just wanted to see how many people are using the levelmate Pro and is it working for them?
Old 01-26-2021, 12:34 PM   #10

This is what I use, a bit cheaper. Place my Anderson levelers on the low side and slowly back up until the WoBLR shows I'm level side to side, easy.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075SDTLPM...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Then level front to back after I'm unhitched.
Old 01-26-2021, 12:43 PM   #11

Another vote for Levelmatepro. The thing I liked about it was it would give you the height for each location / wheel, so you know how much to stack. You can adjust how much increments you want it to show, 1/4, 1/2 inch etc depending how exact you want to be. You can turn it on and slowly drive in your spot to find the most level location and stop there. Easy install too. Just make sure to turn off unit to save battery if long time sitting. It doesn't require cell reception, just blue tooth to the cell phone.
Old 01-26-2021, 01:20 PM   #12

I have several friends who try out every new electronic gadget that comes out, including level assists. Most gadgets of this type are short lived in my experience.
These stick on graduated levels seem to be the best and the larger one can be seen from your tow vehicle for side to side level. Cheap also Graduated marks easily tell you how many inches you need to level on the low side. https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Levels/H...V%20is%20level.
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 01:33 PM   #13

Best electronic Leveler device?

Quote:
What do you guys use?

Thank you.

Thatís what I use, along with the Anderson Levelers. I typically always level the trl alone. For me it works great, it does not require a cell signal and uses Bluetooth to connect. I have some mobility issues and I have trouble running in and out of vehicle, so this is useful for me.
Scubanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 01:59 PM   #14

Quote:
What do you guys use?

Thank you.
I have one and love it. Can use the phone app while in the truck and drive up on the Anderson ramps. Makes it easy.

They are pricey though.
boogiejack75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 03:06 PM   #15

where do you guys mount the levelpro mate? can it be anywhere in the trailer? it just need to be level right?
Old 01-26-2021, 03:25 PM   #16

Quote:
where do you guys mount the levelpro mate? can it be anywhere in the trailer? it just need to be level right?

I mount mine in the front bedroom, but you can mount it just about anywhere inside the trl.
Scubanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 03:37 PM   #17

Quote:
What do you guys use?

Thank you.

I do use this one and YES, IMHO it is the best thing since sliced cheese!

The main advantage is that (towing your TT or driving your MH) you can "pick" that perfect spot by moving/driving the RV while you watch your device in your hand until you achieve the MOST possible level spot.

While I don't want to open a can of warms, I feel it does the best job in picking that "best spot" before you even get out of your towing vehicle and disconnect/setup your RV. Yes I do love it that much, NO I'm not affiliated in anyway to this company and yes to me is worth every penny and saves in alot of aggrivation!

PM if any questions.

CyclePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 03:49 PM   #18

Quote:
Pretty much anywhere. Up high and centered is best. When you set up the app it asks you for the orientation. You select the diagram that matches your installation. Very easy to set up.

The unit itself doesnt have to be exactly level, just close. Level your RV manually, install the Level Mate and then tell it you are level. Easy!
boogiejack75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 04:24 PM   #19

Levelmate Pro

I also use the Levelmate Pro and have been very pleased with the operation of the unit. I mounted mine just inside the front storage compartment so it is convenient to turn on and off easily. I know some people mount it inside the coach, but I do not want to have to enter the unit until it is chocked, stabilized and unhooked from the TV.

I have been using the stacking blocks to level my unit, but just got the Beech Lane levelers and am looking forward to using them on our next trip on President's Day week-end. They are supposed to make leveling the trailer super easy when used with the Levelmate Pro.

(Not a rep of either Levelmate Pro or Beech Levelers.)
Full-time Grandpa and Grandma
Dwill3332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 04:41 PM   #20

Quote:
What do you guys use?

Thank you.
I don’t normally reply to these, but I feel the need to speak up. I have the LevelMatePRO and Anderson’s and love them both. I bought it directly from the small business in NC and they have people who answer your calls.
2017 Chevy Colorado 3.6 L
NP Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote