Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2018, 08:05 PM   #21

I used Aero 303 this year on my camper, best I ever used in 40 plus years of Rving. Goes on easy fiberglass, decals, cars, trucks rv roofs,tires, best you'll ever use. Easy on easy off.
djreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 10:06 PM   #22

I prefer Shurhold's Marine Pro Polish. It's easy to put on and take off, with no white residue. No need to haul out the 10" orbital buffer, it's just as easy with a cloth.
tomrob1161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 08:32 AM   #23

X2 on Shurhold! Asked local rv dealer and this is what they use, buy it by 55 gallon,

Days camped in FR 2011-12 = 77, 13-14 = 98, 15-16 = 129
17 = 81, 18 = 44, 19 = 83, 20= 45, 21 = 76, 22 = 57, 23 = 42
Retired :
satdog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 09:03 AM   #24

Aero Cosmetics Wet and Dry.
rip1202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 03:00 PM   #25

Any way you do it, just keep them looking good!!!
Philkaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 05:27 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by satdog01 View Post
X2 on Shurhold! Asked local rv dealer and this is what they use, buy it by 55 gallon,

I’m sure it’s a good product but I’m sure the dealer isn’t using it because it’s a superior product. It’s availble in bulk and cheaper for them to buy. More likely the reason they use it. Again, I’ve never tried it so I’m not knocking it, but wholesale price/volume is likely the deciding factor for the dealer to use it.
primo20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 12:48 PM   #27

Was for fiberglass

I use Mequiar's Flagship Premium Marine Wax about every 6 months. It's not cheap but the bugs come off easy every time I wash the TT
MadDog2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 06:38 PM   #28

Best wax

That is easyone Protectall .. Read how it is applied and believe it is 100% true.
You'll never go back to buffers and difficult finishes again. 20 year user ...
mort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 06:41 PM   #29

https://myboatstore.com/poli-glow-ki...tt-applicator/
I got this earlier in the summer and put it on last week when there was a break in the heat. After a scrub I used the prep on the surface with a spray bottle and the scrub brush. After that I used Poli Glow wiping on with the mitt. It restored my not bad looking '14 v-lite to a shiny wet-look finish.
Wicked Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 06:58 PM   #30

Been there, Done that...a lot

Well this must be the week for Fiberglass questions.

As to your question the best RV wax for Fiberglass...lots and lots of options. What's your goal? Absolute shine/reflection or is it protection, or durability and or longevity.

Reality is, Fiberglass isn't as much of a mystery as many make it out to be, but it is actually easier to care for and protect than metal, particular the "corrugated garbage" used on TT and older RV's.

After years of owning and selling an award and show wining custom and exotic restoration and paint shop, I still like to "play". I just "restored" the exterior of a 2001 Bigfoot (all fiberglass exterior). It was totally oxidized from years in the Florida Sun, and then more years of neglect in the winters of the northeast. The process included three passes of chemical and four passes of a pressure washer, followed by one hand application of cleaner wax.

For S & G I did one half the rig one way, the other half the other when it came to the final waxing.

I gotta tell you, the end result is nothing short of stunning. A real tribute to the quality of gel coat applied by the maker Bigfoot.

So I begin with 3M Rapid Cut Compound on a machine with a wool pad. That was followed by a pressure wash and Meguiar's Marine Clean and Polish on a sponge pad to eliminate swirls, and remove any remaining oxidation as well as "oops" from the Rapid Cut.

WARNING: If you don't know what you are doing, do not attempt the Rapid Cut on anything. It will burn right through paint before you can say Oh Sh*I, and it will damage gelcoat fairly quick if you hesitate with the machine.

Better to do it by hand in an isolated area that is being problematic or is in really bad shape. Or go with an orbital buffer.

Anyway, with the second process (Meguiar's) done and power washed, the subject surface should look awesome. If it doesn't go back and hit it again.

WARNING 2: Do not leave this surface exposed to the elements for any length of time. It is as unprotected as a new born child at this point. It will water spot, stain, and otherwise deteriorate super quick left unprotected.

Finally (this is where you have to decide what you want most from your finished finish). I hand applied Meguiar's Cleaner/Wax.

Now...before you get all brand crazy on me....there is nothing sacred about Meguiar'. I've won shows with Meguiar', Mother's, and Zymol as well as Wizard's. If you have time and inclination, I'd say put a coat of each on over a four month period.

Mother's is super durable, but not super high luster. Zymol is super easy to apply, remove and hard to beat for shine, shine, shine or maybe that should be reflection, reflection, reflection. Meguiar's is a nice blend of the two. Wizards is the one I'm least experienced with, but it does a heck of a job and is somewhat easy to work with. Hard to be Zymol on top of the Meguiar's or Mothers....it really brings out the clarity in the reflection and the couple combined give and easy long lasting durable finish that is very high gloss and easy to renew with a spray every three to four months.

More than you wanted to know I'm sure, but as you might be able to tell, I'm kinda into to bright shiny reflective stuff.
Smile on, wax off.
mfen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 07:30 PM   #31

Actually...that is just as much as i wanted to know haha..a lot of people have opinions and loyalty toward one brand or anothe. Sounds like you have used a few. What I'm looking for is really protection and easy to use. The shine is really just a bonus. Thanks for the info!
darbydrewandstarbietoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 09:34 AM   #32

This is the best protection you can buy for any RV. (Include wax and it will look great forever).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV1.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	252.0 KB
ID:	185683  

2016 Boston Whaler Montauk 150
Former Montana owner
Colorado Cruiser, Over the Pass and Down the Hill
Comanchecreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 09:38 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comanchecreek View Post
This is the best protection you can buy for any RV. (Include wax and it will look great forever).
Cant really disagree with that lol...but thats not quite in my wax budget right now!
darbydrewandstarbietoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 09:49 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comanchecreek View Post
yeah that is but my house would have to go. I will be looking for a bigger yard next house...
Philkaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 11:36 AM   #35

Actually, Comanchecreek you're half right. A garage will certainly protect your RV from the elements when its parked indoors.

But you are absolutely correct that you have to STILL INCLUDE WAXING if you want to keep it looking great forever...and even at that, you're going to need to strip it every couple of years if you really want to blind people with the shine and reflection.

But hey...not only will it look great, but it will protect the joints, gaps, decals, and weather proofing to a large degree, and preserve value as well.
Wax on/Wax off
mfen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 09:11 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfen View Post
Actually, Comanchecreek you're half right. A garage will certainly protect your RV from the elements when its parked indoors.

But you are absolutely correct that you have to STILL INCLUDE WAXING if you want to keep it looking great forever...and even at that, you're going to need to strip it every couple of years if you really want to blind people with the shine and reflection.

But hey...not only will it look great, but it will protect the joints, gaps, decals, and weather proofing to a large degree, and preserve value as well.
Wax on/Wax off
I agree, nice thing is I can wax it inside out of the sun which helps the wax adhere better, and is easier to wipe off.

2016 Boston Whaler Montauk 150
Former Montana owner
Colorado Cruiser, Over the Pass and Down the Hill
Comanchecreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 09:13 AM   #37

[QUOTE=darbydrewandstarbietoo;1911442]I can only imagine the opinions I'll get on this one, but let 'em rip ![emoji16] Just trying to get some ideas on the best wax for a fiberglass fiver and really how often should you do it? Have had aluminum campers in the past and they are pretty low maintenance if you wax them a couple times a year with the weather in our part of the country. Thanks for your time and opinions!![/QUOTE

REJEX .
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 10:24 AM   #38

NuFinish. There's a reason it's called the "once a year polish"
latner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 12:53 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by latner View Post
NuFinish. There's a reason it's called the "once a year polish"
used to use NUfinish . never again old tech never lasted a yr let alone 6 months . can't get it on any palstics . Now days the polishes and waxes out their beat the old nufinish hands down . started using nufinish back in the late 70's . now nothing on my truck but the hybrid ceramic lasts way longer , can apply to the whole truck from plastics to windows to chrome and shines way better then nufinish ever did . for the RV fiberglass it's REJEX lasts and shines better then nufinish ever did
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 09:21 PM   #40
WFD

Well the original post is over 3 yrs old, and the original poster's last activity was Apr/ 19, so I highly doubt he will be reading this!

Tags
fiberglass, wax