Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2021, 05:17 PM   #1

Bike rack for 4 bikes & RV rated?

Howdy gang -

I am looking for a 4-bike rack for a receiver hitch that is RV rated. So far, the only one that I have found the the Thule Range. Does anyone know of any other 4-bike racks that are RV rated? I saw in another thread someone said Arvika makes one, but I don't see it listed on their website (one 2 and 3 bike racks).

I have a frame mounted receiver on order (Curt 13703), I will not be mounting this rack on the thin bumper.

Thanks for any help!
Jerry
Old 04-18-2021, 05:53 PM   #2

https://www.swagman.net/collections/vehicle-type-rv

I have the 2 position rack, e-spec. Mounts with a bolt you have to screw in the receiver, no play in the connection.
Solid hold on bikes.
Old 04-18-2021, 06:03 PM   #3

Hollywood makes one.

Rich Phillips
richp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 06:14 PM   #4

Yes, I have talked to people at my bike shop and they told me that Hollywood has created bike racks especially rated for RVs. Unfortunately due to part shortages during the pandemic these are all sold out for now. I went to their web site and requested notification when they will be available again.

Good luck and safe travels.
JoePa77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 06:52 PM   #5
Site Team

Is your frame capable of supporting 4 bikes?

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 08:09 PM   #6
Site Team

Swagman has been making RV-rated bike racks for years. They used to be the only one that did.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 08:17 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Swagman has been making RV-rated bike racks for years. They used to be the only one that did.
Thanks!

After reading reviews, looks like the Swagman is light duty, only good for light racing bikes. Seems it does not stand up to heavy kids bikes and mountain bikes. Rated for 100lbs, I am pretty sure my 4 bikes will be more than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
Is your frame capable of supporting 4 bikes?
Good question, I'll email FR.

Also, I will look into Hollywood bike racks. Edit - looks like Hollywood only has one RV rack, and it is 5th wheel/motor home only, not TT rated. Thanks for bring them up, though!

Thanks for the input!
Old 04-19-2021, 12:37 PM   #8

Have you looked at motorcycle racks? They tend to be a lot less expensive. You might find one that would work for 4 bikes.

https://www.discountramps.com/carriers/c/2130/
ElyWhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 12:55 PM   #9

4-bike rv rack

You might want to check out the Tow Tuff TTF-2762 cargo/bike rack. We purchased one for our e-bikes due to the additional weight, and it has worked out fine. It has a 500# weight limit and has room for 4 conventional bikes, and is around $200.
Dave S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 12:56 PM   #10

Bike rack

1up heavy duty with extension.
Ktmjerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 02:08 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry-Rigged View Post
Howdy gang -

I am looking for a 4-bike rack for a receiver hitch that is RV rated. So far, the only one that I have found the the Thule Range. Does anyone know of any other 4-bike racks that are RV rated? I saw in another thread someone said Arvika makes one, but I don't see it listed on their website (one 2 and 3 bike racks).

I have a frame mounted receiver on order (Curt 13703), I will not be mounting this rack on the thin bumper.

Thanks for any help!
Jerry
Kuat Serpa is RV rated
tahoe1840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 05:29 PM   #12

Bike rack

I have used both 1UP and Kuat, both are well made. I have the 2 bike version of the Kuat, and that is my preference.
Tundra 2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 10:43 PM   #13
TARVIDSON

rv bike racks

I use a Reese which is heavy enough to handle 4 bikes and lots of weight but it works best with bikes that have a top tube that is somewhat close to level. I am not familiar with this rv rating on a bike rack. I have used the Reese for at least 15 years with no problems. It slides into the receiver and then is held by a bolt, not a pin.
TARVIDSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 06:10 PM   #14

Bike rack for 4 bikes & RV rated?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1282.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	414.0 KB
ID:	252531
We really like this Yakima Longhaul, holds 4 bikes and it’s RV rated. Swagman also makes good racks for RV as well. I picked Yakima because the arms fold down. That’s nice at the campsite.

We broke a non-RV rated Saris bike rack, fortunately we noticed the crack before the bikes fell off.
Old 04-20-2021, 09:05 PM   #15

Racks

I really like the ones w/ wheel trays. You don't have to worry about padding the bikes to keep them from banging each other up or getting pedals tangled up. With my Kuat, I can load and lock bikes down w/ built-in cables in 3 minutes. If not using wheel trays, have pool noodles and bungees on hand.
Tundra 2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 09:30 PM   #16

Recon Rack Co

mine holds 5... and the best bike rack I have ever owned...
bikes are easy on and off... no more playing tetris trying to get them all on.

(I didnt not get the hinged version, since I dont need it on the RV)
ktobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 09:36 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave S View Post
You might want to check out the Tow Tuff TTF-2762 cargo/bike rack. We purchased one for our e-bikes due to the additional weight, and it has worked out fine. It has a 500# weight limit and has room for 4 conventional bikes, and is around $200.
This one looks neat. Is it RV rated?
Jerry-Rigged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 01:10 PM   #18

My solution, depending on RV and TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry-Rigged View Post
Howdy gang -

Thanks for any help!
Jerry
I was at the point you are late last year, and decided the best option for me was to mount bikes over the bed of my TV, I am setup for 4 bikes but I think 5 are possible. I used a low profile ladder rack to mount 2 1up trays and 2 no name roof trays to carry 2 road bikes and 2 cruisers. Bikes ride just above bed rail and mostly protected by cab.
Papa La Stam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 04:52 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa La Stam View Post
I was at the point you are late last year, and decided the best option for me was to mount bikes over the bed of my TV, I am setup for 4 bikes but I think 5 are possible. I used a low profile ladder rack to mount 2 1up trays and 2 no name roof trays to carry 2 road bikes and 2 cruisers. Bikes ride just above bed rail and mostly protected by cab.
I have considered that, but it won't work for us. I have a Bak-Flip cover on my truck bed, so i can't have a low cross-bar. Also, we have started towing with the Sequoia. I also considered a roof rack for the SUV, but decided I really didn't want to lift the bikes onto the roof...
Old 04-21-2021, 05:32 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TARVIDSON View Post
I use a Reese which is heavy enough to handle 4 bikes and lots of weight but it works best with bikes that have a top tube that is somewhat close to level. I am not familiar with this rv rating on a bike rack. I have used the Reese for at least 15 years with no problems. It slides into the receiver and then is held by a bolt, not a pin.
Same but for only 12 years.
lewisra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bike, bike rack