Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2017, 05:37 PM   #1

Cleaning up?

The first thing we do when returning from a trip is clean the 5er and tv. If we're on the road for months at a time what is going to be the best way to keep everything clean? Mainly thinking about the outside of fifth wheel and tv. Getting real close and have a thousand questions!! Nice to be able to tap into the knowledge on this forum.
Pbgbrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 06:20 PM   #2
World Wide Wanderer

Outside do it yourself car wash? I have seen mobile car/rv wash services. Also some of the truck stops do RV's too.

How big a 5'ver do you have?

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 07:01 PM   #3

Wahoonc, I have a 36'. Just wondering if maybe possible in an rv park? I've seen the truck washes and this is definitely an alternative. Thanks for the reply
Old 04-06-2017, 07:07 PM   #4

Some campgrounds allow you to wash your RV; most do not. We were in a campground in Tucson all this winter that allowed two different independent cleaning companies to come in and was RVs. I didn't do my whole coach until I got home, but I did wash the bugs off the front cap when we got there, and I washed my truck twice at our site while we were there. Nobody said anything about it.

Fifth wheel REALLY needed a bath when we got home.
2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW 4X4 Duramax
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 09:48 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Mike View Post
Some campgrounds allow you to wash your RV; most do not. We were in a campground in Tucson all this winter that allowed two different independent cleaning companies to come in and was RVs. I didn't do my whole coach until I got home, but I did wash the bugs off the front cap when we got there, and I washed my truck twice at our site while we were there. Nobody said anything about it.

Fifth wheel REALLY needed a bath when we got home.

That's kind of what I was looking for. Hopefully won't cost an arm and leg. But I'm like you, can't stand to see it filthy. Thanks for the reply
Old 04-07-2017, 05:43 AM   #6
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbgbrv View Post
Wahoonc, I have a 36'. Just wondering if maybe possible in an rv park? I've seen the truck washes and this is definitely an alternative. Thanks for the reply
I live on the East Coast and have yet to see an RV park that allows you to wash your RV while there. But then again I haven't stayed at all of them.

I do know there is a truck washing/RV washing service at two of the truck stops on I-95 not far from me, one is at the Iowa 80 and IIRC the other at a Love's. Can't remember the name but they are a national franchise and have pretty decent rates.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 05:45 AM   #7

RVMotorcoach Wash Prices

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 08:54 AM   #8

I have carried this product and have used it in several campgrounds with no issues at all. The product is Wash Wall All from Aero Cosmetics. This is a waterless product and will clean your RV and leave it shine like new. No ladders are required for cleaning there is a telescopic pole and mop heads for cleaning and waxing the RV that is used.

One nice feature is that after one use the bugs seem to be removed easier each time the front is cleaned and I do not have any black streaks on the RV.

Here is a link to their home page: https://washwax.com/ Also the product is sold on Amazon Prime.
Old 04-08-2017, 12:04 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim34RL View Post
I have carried this product and have used it in several campgrounds with no issues at all. The product is Wash Wall All from Aero Cosmetics. This is a waterless product and will clean your RV and leave it shine like new. No ladders are required for cleaning there is a telescopic pole and mop heads for cleaning and waxing the RV that is used.

One nice feature is that after one use the bugs seem to be removed easier each time the front is cleaned and I do not have any black streaks on the RV.

Here is a link to their home page: https://washwax.com/ Also the product is sold on Amazon Prime.

Sounds great. Just got in amazon. Thanks
Old 04-08-2017, 02:56 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbgbrv View Post
That's kind of what I was looking for. Hopefully won't cost an arm and leg. But I'm like you, can't stand to see it filthy. Thanks for the reply

If you have the ability to do it yourself use this wash/wax www.fastwax.com. No water needed. I love this stuff. I did my 35 ft windjammer at a campsite last week. Took me about 3 hours but the shine was great.
2016 Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi 4x4
RusLwt001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cleaning