Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2015, 10:53 PM   #81

Understand rv materials and auto materials. If you don't, than complain. Good experiences and bad experiences will create a person's view on a certain situation. No one will change an individuals feeling or anger or hate on any type of item. That's why everybody has personal views. You have a total right to complain. Buying an rv is just a basic realism that you have to inspect it completely whether you agree or not. You will get more votes for PDI than not. It would be awsome if all products were perfect, not the real world, no matter how much it costs and how much QC there is. ALL DONE
Total Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 11:02 PM   #82

Same old story from most of people, built RV (trailer or motorhome )
is very simple manufacturing process.
It's about maximum three to four weeks (10-20 working days ).
QUITY depend on organization and right stimulative factors ( not like
somebody mentioned early "when you finish go home", this is WRONG
and very, very wrong, put the quality worksmanship as stimulation
and put the pay beside quality.
Management need to work and not to talk BS to workers and push
them for manager bonuses and doing all to destroy AMERICA ...!!!!!
Prism 24G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 11:18 PM   #83
Anacortesians

It's really more about quality engineering and design. Often, in the airplane industry, we had to engineer things so that 3rd country mechanics couldn't screw things up. The RV industry seems to have an excess of native-born 3rd country-level skills.

Engineering and design needs to step up more to make designs that even the dumbest person on the shop floor can't screw up.

QC is a Band-Aid, not a cure-all.
Old 09-10-2015, 07:27 AM   #84

PDI is your last line of defense regardless of the manufacturer's QC program. If you are like me, when we got our Class A, I was clueless. I know everyone hits the importance of PDI, but therein is the problem. Unless you're a seasoned RV veteran with thousands of miles under your belt, the task is overwhelming. I remember that at the time, I didn't even know what the guy was talking about. Sure would be good to have someone to take with you. Given the years of experience I now have, it would be a whole different game.

Tags
forest river, quality