Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2014, 06:24 AM   #21

Call Brannon at Jeff couch Rv nation they have the Salem and the best price around. If you are going to dry camp with out electric you will need 3 way fridge instead of 110 or a generator.
CincyED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:03 PM   #22
Site Team

Salem's website shows no optional 3-way fridge and the OEM one is 2-way.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:44 PM   #23

That's correct I'm not sure there are truely 3 way fridges any more except very small ones. They are electric/propane or just electric but you need 12 volt for most fridges that use propane. A electric fridge is about $100 a gas/electric is $ 600+
CincyED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:31 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimmZ View Post
I regret to have not bringing my measuring tape with me when visiting the Salem 195BH... now the dealer is 1.5 hours far from my home, I'll not do the travel again just to measure the bed...
Seeing as my Wildwood x-lite 195 is only a two minute walk from the house, I thought I'd get some measures for you (photos too).

The front bed measures 74 inches long, 53 inches wide, and has a 5 inch thick mattress. (photos #1 and #2)

The shower measures 70 inches from tub floor to ceiling at the far end (away from the drain) and 70.5 inches from tub floor to ceiling at the drain end. (photos #3 and #4)

At 6 foot 4, I do not fit on the bed or in the shower. The bed does not bother me, I just let my feet hang over the edge (been doing this my whole life so it just seems right). The shower's a little bit more uncomfortable for me but I can shower as long as I crouch over a bit .

Hope this info helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 01.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	47607   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 02.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	47608   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 03.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	47609   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 04.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	47610  
Mr. B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 10:20 PM   #25

MrB - mind giving measurements of the dinette (width and length)? The 195bh is impossible to find on a lot, so curious to see the actual size.
steamboatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 03:41 PM   #26

Because someone revived this thread several months later and for people who cares about, I finally gaves up on the 195BH and put my hand on a 2 years old KZ Sportsmen 16BH for about 50% of the retail price. The Sportsmen 16BH do have very nice and large bunk beds for the kids, a very great sized bathroom but the roof height inside the bath is still an issue, about 69 inch like the 195BH, so I am 73 inch tall and I need to bend my back to take my shower. There's not master bed as it's the dinette who convert to the master bed, BUT, the very great thing is the master bed is actually 54 inch wide (double bed) but 80 inch long!! So it's more than perfect for my height!

My 16BH is about the same size as the 195BH but weight lighter, only 2280 LB dry, it pull it like nothing with my 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan with the 3.6L Pentastar engine.

Have a great camping season folks!!
SimmZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 08:10 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamboatscott View Post
MrB - mind giving measurements of the dinette (width and length)? The 195bh is impossible to find on a lot, so curious to see the actual size.
Hello.

Here are all the dimensions as a table:
  • from floor to top of the cushion you sit on - 18 inches
  • back of seat from cushion you sit on to the top - 13 inches
  • seat depth from the back cushion to where your legs would bend to the floor - 19 inches
  • seat width - 39.5 inches

Here are the dimensions as a bed:
  • from floor to the top of the cushion - 18 inches
  • width of bed - 39.5 inches
  • length of bed - 72 inches
Mr. B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
salem, wildwood