Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-20-2021, 07:13 PM   #1

Fifth front living room

Right now we have a wildwood 32bhds and both our kids are heading off to college this fall. Sense we won’t be needing the bunkhouse anymore, we’re looking at fifth wheel with a front living room , rear master, and we really want a large outside kitchen.

If anyone has any suggestions. Thanks
Chenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 08:27 AM   #2

Check out these:

https://forestriverinc.com/rvs/fifth...eek/371FL/5610

https://forestriverinc.com/rvs/trave...ion/320FL/5769

https://forestriverinc.com/rvs/fifth...ne/39RBFL/4689
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 08:41 AM   #3

i didnt see any outside kitchens on those. Im sure there are excpetions but i thought outside kitchens went with bunkhouses becuase they hide them in the beds/slide
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 09:07 AM   #4

Yes that’s how my BH is. I didn’t know if they had a master slide out and the ward/TV would be over the outside kitchen, just like the upper bunk would be. Thanks
Chenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 09:09 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber45 View Post
i didnt see any outside kitchens on those. Im sure there are excpetions but i thought outside kitchens went with bunkhouses becuase they hide them in the beds/slide
They do for the most part but I have seen them in non-bunkhouse models as well. I can't remember the specific make/model off-hand though.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 09:56 AM   #6

Cardinal has a front kitchen or a front LR with exterior kitchen.

https://forestriverinc.com/rvs/fifth...d/379FLLE/5765
Retired JSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 10:14 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenzo View Post
Right now we have a wildwood 32bhds and both our kids are heading off to college this fall. Sense we won’t be needing the bunkhouse anymore, we’re looking at fifth wheel with a front living room , rear master, and we really want a large outside kitchen.

If anyone has any suggestions. Thanks

FR Sabre 37FLH (budget friendly)
https://forestriverinc.com/rvs/fifth...bre/37FLH/4749

FR Sandpiper 391FLRB
https://forestriverinc.com/rvs/fifth...s/391FLRB/5624

FR Sierra 391FLRB
https://forestriverinc.com/rvs/fifth...s/391FLRB/5625

FR Heritage Glen Elite 36FL
https://forestriverinc.com/rvs/fifth...lite/36FL/4598

Although the Sierra and Sandpiper are identical, except for the graphics, it's the one I'd choose if I had it to do over again. Both have exceptional outside storage, in addition to the outside kitchen and front living floorplan, but it's quite a bit more than the Sabre.

When we were looking in 2020, there was no 391FLRB model and settled on the Sabre, which cost us quite a bit less than other makes and models out there at the time. However, the lower cost comes at the expense of a lower build quality and less features too. We did have a look at the Heritage Glen and it has the biggest outside kitchen and entertaining I've seen in a 5'er. However, it was not as widely available in our area at that time and would've had to travel several hours to get it. It also was several thousands more than the Sabre, but the build quality was better.
GPs37FLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 11:12 AM   #8
Site Team

We have a bunkhouse 5th wheel and our kids are grown and rarely camp with us but I still wouldn't give up my layout for anything new.

We have an a/c in the master bedroom to keep it cool in the summer and it stays plenty warm on the cooler nights as well. The back of the trailer on the other hand is the exact opposite. It's always way too hot in the summer and gets cold when the temps drop.

Plus the front living fivers always have the bathrooms in the very back where you have to walk through the master bedroom to get to it. I'd hate that.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-21-2021, 11:43 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
We have a bunkhouse 5th wheel and our kids are grown and rarely camp with us but I still wouldn't give up my layout for anything new.

We have an a/c in the master bedroom to keep it cool in the summer and it stays plenty warm on the cooler nights as well. The back of the trailer on the other hand is the exact opposite. It's always way too hot in the summer and gets cold when the temps drop.

Plus the front living fivers always have the bathrooms in the very back where you have to walk through the master bedroom to get to it. I'd hate that.

Just my 2 cents.

Depending on the model/floorplan of 5'er, some have a second, half bath before the master bedroom for guests. That was a requirement for us because we too didn't like the idea of visitors having to go thru the master bed to get to the bathroom. If, on the other hand, visitors have to shower, they have to use the full bathroom in the back.

The one big bonus of the full bathroom at the back of our 5'er is its much larger and roomier than those models/floorplans with one centrally located bathroom. We have had, literally, three adults in our back bath with lots of elbow room. No one was standing in the shower either. Can't do that in most single bath floorplans.
Old 12-21-2021, 11:54 AM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPs37FLH View Post
Depending on the model/floorplan of 5'er, some have a second, half bath before the master bedroom for guests. That was a requirement for us because we too didn't like the idea of visitors having to go thru the master bed to get to the bathroom. If, on the other hand, visitors have to shower, they have to use the full bathroom in the back.

The one big bonus of the full bathroom at the back of our 5'er is its much larger and roomier than those models/floorplans with one centrally located bathroom. We have had, literally, three adults in our back bath with lots of elbow room. No one was standing in the shower either. Can't do that in most single bath floorplans.
We have a full and a 1/2 bath in ours. Never had a situation where it was necessary to have more than one person in either of them.

We use the bunks mostly for storage now. We've looked at other floorplans throughout the years and have yet to find one we like better than what we currently have.
Old 12-21-2021, 12:00 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
We have a full and a 1/2 bath in ours. Never had a situation where it was necessary to have more than one person in either of them.

We use the bunks mostly for storage now. We've looked at other floorplans throughout the years and have yet to find one we like better than what we currently have.
Yeah, that rarely happens, or else that's just weird if it does happen regularly. We had one instance last year where the two of us were in the full bath brushing teeth and getting ready for the day when one of my girlfiend's adult kids had to get something from one of the cabinets. No one bumped into one another, but, at the time, I was pretty surprised by that and really appreciated the extra space.
Old 12-22-2021, 08:52 AM   #12

FR Heritage Glen Elite 36FL

We have a 2020 Heritage Glen Elite 36fl and just love it. The outside kitchen is the best on the market and the storage is got to be one of the biggest in the industry. Has plenty of room inside for us and our pets. (2 cats) I pull it with a 2018 Dodge Ram 3500. It comes in at 43.6 feet long but pulls like a dream. Had very little trouble with it. If I has to say one of the best out there. Good luck in you future purchase and enjoy Life.

Jim & Jan
The Flip Flop Way of Life (youtube)
The Flip Flop Way of Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 09:15 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flip Flop Way of Life View Post
We have a 2020 Heritage Glen Elite 36fl and just love it. The outside kitchen is the best on the market and the storage is got to be one of the biggest in the industry. Has plenty of room inside for us and our pets. (2 cats) I pull it with a 2018 Dodge Ram 3500. It comes in at 43.6 feet long but pulls like a dream. Had very little trouble with it. If I has to say one of the best out there. Good luck in you future purchase and enjoy Life.

Jim & Jan

Yeah, the more I look at the Heritage Glen, the more I like it a lot too. The stock outside kitchen is better than any I've seen offered up on a fiver, travel trailer, or motorhome. I especially like the 2021/2022 models that now include a third outside locker on the back side of the RV, providing even more basement storage, which is an issue on my Sabre.
Old 12-22-2021, 10:23 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber45 View Post
We have a 36FL - Forest River Salem Hemisphere Elite. It’s big (44’) so there are some places you can’t go, but we really like the layout. Perfect for two - although MANY would say too big for two. Depends on you style.
Mikeytheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 10:25 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flip Flop Way of Life View Post

Jim & Jan
X2 - but our is Salem Hemisphere- but same model. Outside kitchen is awesome. And we too have had very little (VERY little) trouble compared to the number of postings on Thai forum.

Also, one of the few floor plans that has bath and a half plus a pantry. Usually have to give up one or the other. Note, there is no dining area (per se) but rather dining for two at the bar by the kitchen. Great for two. Then when you do have guests, there are four small tables that attach to the living room sofas.
Good luck.
Mikeytheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 10:41 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeytheb View Post
X2 - but our is Salem Hemisphere- but same model. Outside kitchen is awesome. And we too have had very little (VERY little) trouble compared to the number of postings on Thai forum.

Also, one of the few floor plans that has bath and a half plus a pantry. Usually have to give up one or the other. Note, there is no dining area (per se) but rather dining for two at the bar by the kitchen. Great for two. Then when you do have guests, there are four small tables that attach to the living room sofas.
Good luck.

The four small tables that connect into the sofa armrests was a really nice feature that we liked when we were considering that model. I don't know why FR decided to take them away for the 2021/2022 model years. Not a good decision (IMHO) since you don't get a traditional dining table, as you said.

Tags
roo