Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2019, 09:00 AM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronheater70 View Post
3. Most of the ones I have looked at seem kinda small in the living quarters.
Our current bunkhouse (2018 Cherokee Limiteed 304BH) has 3 slides and the living area seems more roomy than many fifth Wheel bunkhouses we have looked at. However the Master bedroom is smaller than I would like and that is nice and large in the 5th wheel campers.
We got a 2015 Sabre Qbok because at the time, it was the biggest one we could find with the most living space. The main living area has one large slide with the couch and the dining room table on it.

The main bedroom has a slide for the bed so we can walk fully around it. The bunk-room has opposing slides and 4 beds, 2 on each side.

We've slept up to 11 people in it at one time with no problem.

The bad news is that I don't think they make this model anymore.

Looking on their website, the 36FRP is close, but it has an island and an extra slide in the kitchen area, which actually seems to take away from the openness of the main living area.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 09:23 AM   #22

I'd NEVER go back to a TT. Love how a 5er tows.

As for bikes get a receiver welded to the rear frame of the 5er and get a rack for that. You can then transfer that rack to the truck when you get unhooked so you can haul the bikes to the trail head without removing the hitch.
nayther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 05:22 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronheater70 View Post
This is good info thanks.. But geesh That looks hard to get the bikes on!

I do have an 8 foot bed on my 3500 though so that may help!

It’s not that bad when the front of the the tongue is right off the bed. When I stand on the tool box to load it the top of the bike rack is just above my shoulders. If you have a long bed you should have plenty of room. This rack holds 4 bikes and only the last bike is over the roof of the truck. I think I could haul one or two bikes down at hitch level and still clear the cab in turns. Not brave enough to try it though.
Tfort is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fifth wheel, wheel