Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2016, 09:45 PM   #1

Forest River Service

I wanted to publicly thank the Service Department at Forest River, specifically Jacob. I purchased my Flagstaff Classic Super lite this past Jan. During the PDI I did not notice the hose connector at the shower valve was broken. While getting things de-winterized I got a spray in the face The connector on the hose was split where it threads to the shower valve. Either the dealer did not get enough antifreeze in there when they winterized, or it was over tightened in building resulting in the cracked part.

My dealer wanted me to hook up and tow 68 miles to his place, leave with him for who knows how long then tow 68 miles back home. Needless to say I was not to happy to have to spend the time and money to tow back to the dealer all for a $9.00 hose.

I emailed Forest River about the issue. They also initially indicated that I would have to take to to my dealer for service. Once I explained the situation to Jacob he told me to send him all my information and take pictures of the broken part. That was last Thursday. Today I got not only the hose but the entire assembly from hose on including the mount for the shower head on the wall.

Kudos to Forest River for using common sense to solve an issue that is easily taken care of and by common sense realizing that my spending fuel and time to haul to my dealer for a hose that costs $9.00 at an RV dealer here in town (Not a Forest River dealer) did not make much financial sense.

Needless to say I am very happy and thankful that they stepped up and took care of it. Thanks Forest River and Jacob!!! So far I am a VERY HAPPY camper. My Flagstaff Classic Super Lite 832 IKBS is working without ONE NOT ONE problem. Every system worked fine this past weekend and we had a great time. Heading out again this weekend.

To those who have asked is Forest River a good product, I can say for my money yes.

Thanks
SubVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 04:17 AM   #2

Glad to hear they took care of you! I just hope you didn't jinx yourself by saying you didn't have any issues..

2013 Cherokee 294BH
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 MegaCab Cummins
2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited (for the garage)
woodyw333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 04:24 AM   #3

Forest River rocks!

Bruce
Old 04-06-2016, 05:39 AM   #4

SubVet,while your in the shower turn the Shower Assy "Over" and the threaded outlet will be on the Bottom like it should be and Drain the water thus No Freeze,and the Knobs will turn the Correct way! Youroo!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4146.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	306.1 KB
ID:	104058  
Old 04-06-2016, 08:18 AM   #5

Yooroo,

Thanks for the suggestion. My shower assembly is mounted correctly with the outlet on the bottom.

Either the dealer did not winterize it properly or the plastic nut that holds the hose to the shower valves was over tightened causing it to crack and split at the threads.

Either way it was corrected by Forest River

Thanks,
SubVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 06:45 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubVet View Post
Yooroo,

Thanks for the suggestion. My shower assembly is mounted correctly with the outlet on the bottom.

Either the dealer did not winterize it properly or the plastic nut that holds the hose to the shower valves was over tightened causing it to crack and split at the threads.

Either way it was corrected by Forest River

Thanks,
Good deal! 50% are mounted upside/down from the Factory! Youroo!!
Old 04-13-2016, 08:24 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
Forest River rocks!

Bruce

X2 They had CW take great care of my Roo23ikss and I am pleased with their response and service, also Fist Bump to CW of Lakewood NJ. Due to their care I am ready for my 2016 Season 🤗
Old 04-17-2016, 04:29 PM   #8

Help. I have had several trailers and no problem finding the hot water heater bypass valve. But on my 2006 Rockwood 5th wheel 8283SS. I can't find it. I looked under the kitchen cabinets. If you go in the coach the steps to the bedroom is directly behind the hot water heater. Can anyone help. Thanks.
david37499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 08:59 PM   #9

Not familiar with your unit, but I can say I haven't seen a bypass that wasn't in the very immediate vicinity of the water heater, usually right on top of the inlet and outlet. I have, however, seen units without one.
Old 04-18-2016, 08:16 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by david37499 View Post
Help. I have had several trailers and no problem finding the hot water heater bypass valve. But on my 2006 Rockwood 5th wheel 8283SS. I can't find it. I looked under the kitchen cabinets. If you go in the coach the steps to the bedroom is directly behind the hot water heater. Can anyone help. Thanks.

Sometimes if there are Water Dock cabinets they have valves that bypass the water heater depends on your model of RV sometimes MFG sites have online off manuals you can look at

Tags
forest river, service