Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2008, 04:49 PM   #1

Help a Newbe!!!

We just decided to select the Rockwood 8293SS as our retirement fun house.
We started looking at other forums and I came across one forum that was very hard on Forest River Products. Not all but most had less then positive comments about FR. I like the floor plan of this unit (8293SS)and only hope that I am not making a large mistake in buying a FR product. Can I have your thoughts good or bad? Thanks for any help.
Jack
Phu Bai 67/68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 06:53 PM   #2

I have not picked mine up yet, as a matter of fact it is not even built yet. But I have heard only good things about FR. I am really looking forward to taking delivery and finding out how good they are. What site was bashing FR?

Jeff
Super dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 07:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phu Bai 67/68 View Post
We just decided to select the Rockwood 8293SS as our retirement fun house.
We started looking at other forums and I came across one forum that was very hard on Forest River Products. Not all but most had less then positive comments about FR. I like the floor plan of this unit (8293SS)and only hope that I am not making a large mistake in buying a FR product. Can I have your thoughts good or bad? Thanks for any help.
Jack
As a x Keystone Outback owner FR far exceeds their quality. my wife and I agree , this is the best trailer we have owned, the only problem is the stereo!!!
Old 02-21-2008, 07:58 PM   #4

We have been very happy with the quality of our Flagstaff and would not hesitate to buy another FR product in the future.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:14 PM   #5
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKINWOOD View Post
As a x Keystone Outback owner FR far exceeds their quality. my wife and I agree , this is the best trailer we have owned, the only problem is the stereo!!!
I am also a previous Keystone Outback owner...and I totally agree with the above statement. I loved that trailer, but the quality of this one is MUCH higher. (Salem)

Let me guess....RV.NET?

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 08:23 AM   #6

ALL RVs will have issues. No exceptions. Spend $10k or $500k. ALL of 'em. Generally people complain more than they praise a product. If you are at all a bit handy you WILL be pleased. If you aren't that handy, we can help. While I don't own a FR product, my FIL and MIL do (Rockwood) and it's as good an RV as any I've seen.

So to FRF!! Enjoy your retirement. Enjoy your new RV. The folks here will offer advise and help along the way. This is by far the BEST RV forum on the web. We don't bash anything. We may have gripes and issues but they get worked through.

FR is a good product. You will be happy.

greg
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 09:14 AM   #7

If you got your info from RV.net, then it doesn't surprise me you got bad reviews. There is a very small but obnoxious few over there that take the opportunity to bash Forest River everytime they get a chance, and they will bash anyone that comes to their defense. I rarely visit that forum anymore due to the morons over there.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:53 AM   #8

I wonder why they have a beef with FR realizing there will be some issues with most all TT.
wildwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:55 PM   #9
RJW

I did a lot of looking before the purchase of my new keystone couger xlite,

if i'd found a forrest river with a floorplan like mine I'd not hesitated, both manufactures as all others have their praisers and haters, all have issues, none are perfect.

There are starter types and top end types in all manufacturers, starter types will possibly more issues than top end types by the same manufacturer.

long and short of it, look and decide for yourself, is the trailer you want worth the money you are willing to spend, or are you paying too much for a trailer that is not up to standard.

remember sales are based on commission, and unless it is in writing it aint so.

best of luck

2006 Expedition 4x4 w/HD tow package
5.4L 4 speed auto w/OD 3.73
tow rated 8200
2008 Cougar XLite 30FKS
gvwr 7800

Alvarado TX
RJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:59 PM   #10

Thanks from a Newbe!!

Thanks to everyone who had an opinion on FR. I think you have helped me make a final decision and I will continue with getting the TT we like.
Thanks
Jack
Phu Bai 67/68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:19 PM   #11

to piggy back greg
back in sept we went looking at Class A motorhomes in teh 250k range
let me say they all had some serious fit and finish issues i would expect to find in a pop up camper under 5k.
was really disillusioned, but so happy we have a cedar creek