Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2007, 08:04 PM   #1

I'll kick section off

I own a 2006 Thor Jazz 2890BH 5th wheel. We took delivery on 30Dec06. Our rig has been very good to us so far.

It's a bunk-house model with a seperate room in the back with 3 bunk beds. Our 2 little ladies love having their own room with a TV and DVD player (they don't have a TV in their room in the house) so it's a special treat.

This is our 3rd RV, 2nd 5'er. I've always tent camped since I was a young boy (Boy Scouts and then the Army) and my wife has always camped with her parents (RV of one sort or another) so it was natural that we would start out early in our marrage camping. In fact we spent part of our 1st honeymoon (right after we got married) camping in a cabin at a state park in South Texas. We purchased a tent and camped occasionally BC (before children). After we had our 2 ladies and while they were both very young we took them camping with us in our tent. After a rather rainy camping adventure in Palo Duro Canyon State Park in the Texas Panhandle we left the tent in the dumpster as it leaked like a seive at the seams (it was getting pretty old). We moved up to an '89 Palomino PopUp that we used for 2 years. We then happend into a used Prowler 5'er that we held onto for over 3 years until we realized that it was just plain falling appart as the previous owner hadn't taken as good of care of it as he should have. That's when we purchased our current Jazz. We have been VERY happy with it so far and it's been to the Texas coast and the Davis Mountains and several other Texas State Parks in between.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks,

greg

Here's the most recent pic I have of our Jazz hitched up the "big red truck".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 001small.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	213.1 KB
ID:	185  
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 05:30 PM   #2

Nice!!!!!!
2007 Chevrolet Suburban LTZ 4X4
MRimmer says that I need a Toy Hauler......
Screamin' Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 07:24 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screamin' Eagle View Post
Nice!!!!!!
Yep and the yard was even mowed before I took the pic
This was taken right before I did the caster mod and modified the sewer hose...

greg
Old 05-14-2007, 07:03 PM   #4

Very nice, congrats on the new toy.

MrSen

Night's camped in 2010 36
MrSen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:18 PM   #5

Nice rig and tow vehic.
Just noticed this thread and had to laugh at the 'big red truck' part.
My truck is also affectionately labeled the 'big red truck' by many.

Few years ago when I took delivery of my current truck the sales guy overheard the kids (younger then) say 'but dad, our big red truck is really going away forever?' (was trading a red f-150 for the current 250, also red).

His response = 'Don't worry children, now you've got a BIGGER red truck!'
Old 05-15-2007, 07:00 AM   #6

Yep that's what the kiddos called it in their younger years so it kinda stuck. Up to that point I drove an 85 primer grey F150 and this was the biggest dang truck they had ever been in, 4 doors and 4 wheel in the rear. "WOW that's a big red truck dad". Funny thing though it's not really red. More a maroon or I think Ford calls it burgundy.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:06 AM   #7

Guess I oughta modify my sig now. I kinda like the idea of putting "Big Red Truck" in there. yep. still like the nanersplit
Old 05-15-2007, 10:46 AM   #8

Good add for the sigline!
I had a '94 f-150, paint color I think was cranberry red?
Really more of a purple-ish color than red, but I still considered it to be a red truck!

I sometimes think my current truck is almost too red...

Old 05-16-2007, 09:12 AM   #9

That's a purty truck. PSD? When Ford "copied" the front-end of the Dodges I was initially disappointed as I really liked the old lines that were distinctly Ford. But the new lines have grown on me and I really like ‘em now. I especially like the tow mirrors the Ford came up with 1st that everybody else has copied to some extent.

I bought mine used in '01. It was a year old with 16k on it and about $4.5k under Bluebook. Right place right time. The wife actually saw it first and took it for a test drive before she told me about it. I didn’t want a dually, didn’t need a dually. But I loved the 4 doors and the long bed and the price was right. So I got a dually. Shoes on it get kinda expensive as there are 2 extra to buy. Last round was over $1300. Can’t complain cause I got 65k miles on the last set.

Mileage isn’t what a single rear wheel would be because of the 4:10 in the rear but it doesn’t do to shabby with an average of 16 to 16.5 running solo. I average 11 to 12 pulling my 5’er. With my old 5’er I was happy to get 9.

Hey, what's that white stuff on the ground in that pic?????

greg
Old 05-18-2007, 08:10 AM   #10

Yup, it's the 6.0 L PSD.
The white stuff would be SNOW...