Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2021, 10:23 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
Just to avoid a nasty surprise, you might want to consider hooking up and pulling it out so that you have enough room on that side to fully extend the slide. Then try partially opening it.

You should be able to partially extend the side, but if the slide fully extends when there is not enough room, it would not be good.
Test it first to make certain it works.
I've done it a few times already, and was able to open it just partially. However that was an amazing good point, and I should have definitely done that first, because who knows if it would have stopped when I let go of the button. Fortunately it did, but if someone else ever reads this, Snowbird has a very good point, TEST IT FIRST. Just in case!
4OfUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 07:28 PM   #22

We do it all the time on our Flagstaff Super v 27 bel
RDPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 07:32 PM   #23
Snappy-1

Schwintec trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
You guys certainly have more experience with the Schwinteks as I don't own one. Again, just going from what I read in the operation manual. Here's what I read in the manual. Many times real life experience is better.

Schwintek Slide Owners Manual

Operation
Extending Slide-out Room
1. Level the unit.
Note: In the case of a motorized unit, ignition MUST be off to operate the slide-out.
2. Verify the battery is fully charged and hooked up to the electrical system.
3. Remove the transit bars (if so equipped).
4. Press and hold the IN/OUT switch (Fig. 1B) in the OUT position until the room is fully extended and stops moving.
NOTE: It is important to continue to press the slide-out switch for a few seconds after the room is fully extended until the motor shuts off. The control will sense that the room has stopped and will shut off the motor after a few seconds.
5. Release the switch, which will lock the room into position.

Retracting Slide-out Room
Note: In the case of a motorized unit, ignition MUST be off to operate the slide-out.
1. Verify the battery is fully charged and hooked-up to the electrical system.
2. Press and hold the IN/OUT switch (Fig. 1A) in the IN position until the room is fully retracted and stops moving.
NOTE: It is important to continue to press the slide-out switch for a few seconds after the room is fully retracted until the motor shuts off. The control will sense that the room has stopped and will shut off the motor after a few seconds.
3. Release the switch, which will lock the room into position.
4. Install the transit bars (if so equipped).
5 Picker is right. Gotta hold the switch for five seconds after retraction or deployment for best success. I had a Swindler Tech once and will NEVER own another one. Left me stranded too many times. Oh. And have all you found those control modules yet ? Better start looking.
snappy_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 11:21 AM   #24

Next time you partially open it, take a look at the seals all around to see how they are unfurling. If you open the slide 8" and they are over half way out, be careful that they don't get hung up when fully closed. That is my only concern when I have to move the curb slide to get in the back of mine. When partially out I see about 1/4 of the seal, so I know it will fully fold back in when retracted, but if it is more than 1/3 out at that point, I will fully extend the slide until the full seal is out so that it doesn't get twisted going back in.
Bhrava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 12:41 PM   #25
Commercial Member

Slide

I've never had a problem partially extending the slide for access but I am careful about activity in that area when partially extended. I echo previous posts; just retract the slide as soon as possible.
Old 03-11-2021, 12:36 AM   #26

slides

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDPeter View Post
We do it all the time on our Flagstaff Super v 27 bel

I'm with you. We've had 4 campers with slides and I have run the slides out part way and have left them that way through the winter many times. Ours have always been stored inside in the winter so I don't worry about any snow or rain getting past the seals. And the seals have never gotten misshapened because of doing this. And as far as putting weight on the slides I've never had a problem and do it all the time. Nothings ever crack or broke from doing that.
mixerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 09:41 AM   #27

We have the Schwintech slide out and from reading the manuals and talking to service folks who claim to know, that "few seconds" of holding the switch after the slide reaches max travel is how the system synchronizes the two slide motors. In reality, if you listen to the motors and the relays in the control unit it is probably more like one second after full extension/retraction is achieved that everything stops.

We frequently open our slide about a foot so we can have access to the fridge and bedroom to prep for or return from a trip - but no walking/sitting in the slide when it is partially deployed. So far, no issues...
Only one shedding mutt now RIP Yoshi
larry2c is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide