Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2018, 12:43 PM   #21

I leave toiletries in the moho year round. Medicine cabinet items too. When we open it up in the spring I stock all food staples and freezer items and just replenish as necessary. We keep it at home plugged in and ready to go all summer. We both leave our "trailer trash" clothes on board and add "real" clothes if we've got to be fancy. Come fall when we winterize I take in just the food items. No problem in many many years.

Phil, Heather & Olaf the Boxer
Ontario Canada
Lexington 283GTS
oldsmasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 02:35 PM   #22

Always keep supplies in camper and make a note on pad by the door of things that need replenishing for next trip.
Canned goods, toiletries and towels. Anything not perishable. Everything that is camper, stays in the camper.

2019 Ford SD F-350 SRW Lariat
Tow & Gooseneck Prep
FX4 Off Road (4X4)
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 02:47 PM   #23
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

I used to leave all of that stuff in the trailer(s) over the years when I lived in Michigan and Colorado.

Down here in Yuma, Arizona where the temps inside my 5'ver have been over 140 degrees daily for two months straight...

I took everything out...anything food related and even the two LED flat screen TV's!

When I closed it up and parked it in storage a month ago I left everything in there except for the TV's, but when I went out to the 5'ver to get something...

I found all of those bottles of hand soap, shampoo, body wash had either split from the heat or the lids popped open and oooozzzed out and made a mess.

Same with the air pit stuff...even though it was a stick it ran like glue all over the shelf in the medicine cabinet!

The one thing I never even thought of that I found interesting was the gel pad on the queen sized bed...

I went out there the other morning at sunrise and that gel pad was still almost too hot to touch, even after being in the dark all night long!
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 03:16 PM   #24

I always keep toiletries, a little clothing, non perishable food, etc... in rv ready to go in case of an emergency.
mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 03:25 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by A32Deuce View Post
Has not hurt ours so far in 6 years. That's 365 days in Jersey.
Same here in nearby PA.

Last winter we had a much longer than usual period of below freezing temps. I had several spray cans explode in my unheated garage. I believe the contents froze and expanded. That never happened in previous winters.

I believe you are in Canada so you may want to be careful with anything liquid that may be under some pressure.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 03:30 PM   #26

We keep our toiletries in ours year around with no troubles. One tip that I can offer (we learned the hard way), is to check on them from time to time. Even though we thought all of ours were tightly sealed, a shampoo turned over and eventually spilled inside the cabinet. Now, even when we are not going camping for a while, we try to go check on everything left in the camper from time to time.
depmgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 03:43 PM   #27

Looking at the posting geography it seems that the answer is... 'depends on where you live'. Mine is in Atlanta and seems to be OK. Ofcourse we try to camp at least a weekend every month sometimes it is two months between. Even if we go 35 miles down the road we are camping!
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 03:44 PM   #28

If you keep it in the camper year round, I would put the toiletries in some bins, we leave ours in year around and had some fairly full shampoo/body soap bottles freeze and spill out, now we keep it in bins.
wildcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 03:47 PM   #29
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

If I do leave shampoo, liquid soap and stuff like that in the RV I'll usually put them on the floor in the shower.

I do that when I'm rollin', too!

If there is a mess, my Oxygenics Fury shower head will easily rinse it all down the drain.

JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 03:48 PM   #30
Dahagen

Only my Chap-stick melts in the heat when left in the RV.
dahagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 06:55 PM   #31

Take the beer and other perishables in the house, just about everything else can stay out there.
bedubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 07:11 PM   #32

Florida here... we use 6 pack holders or shower bags to move ALL liquid / gel items out of the camper (along with food items) in between every trip. Have had them break open & a mess to clean...plus by bringing them in they get refilled for the next trip....

Terri & Joe + Boont & Tasha
Camping a long weekend every month or so since May 2013 in our cute 21FBRS MicroLite to practice for retirement while living here in Florida
Joe is retired.... next camper ordered.... getting ready to change this signature really soon!
Life Without Whine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 08:14 PM   #33

No issues with toiletries in rv. Do remove all perishables between trips. Store items like sugar, flour, coffee in air tight plastic containers. Switched to propane lighters years ago, friend of ours stores matches in a plastic jar with lid like some peanut butter comes in.
Days camped in FR 2011-12 = 77, 13-14 = 98, 15-16 = 129
17 = 81, 18 = 44, 19 = 83, 20= 45, 21 = 76, 22 = 57, 23 = 42
Retired :
satdog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 09:03 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life Without Whine View Post
Florida here... we use 6 pack holders or shower bags to move ALL liquid / gel items out of the camper (along with food items) in between every trip. Have had them break open & a mess to clean...plus by bringing them in they get refilled for the next trip....
X2
We live near Houston, Texas and those bottles can get extremely hot in the summer and make a mess.
I guess it depends on how hot your camper gets in storage.
Old 08-16-2018, 09:34 PM   #35

If it melts, pours, or runs, we take it out between trips unless the bottles are leakproof or can handle the heat - like laundry soaps, etc.. 5 minutes taking it out beats an hour of cleanup. If we use it in the house as well, we always have fresh stuff on the trip.
ProfChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 06:34 PM   #36

They will be fine. Have you ever opened the back of a tractor trailer in the summer? Worse than an oven, and that’s how all that stuff is shipped. Your TT won’t get as hit as that
sunnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 08:53 PM   #37

We live in the California central valley where 110F is not unusual and it's always sunny. We only take much out. Even leave some canned or sealed food items that don't get stale in a few months.

Some clothes come out but only because our next trip is in another season when we'll need different clothes.
Hclarkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 09:09 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
We just had them in a couple of plastic bins. I think I have an old photo here:
Those particular plastic bins will freeze and crack and break into pieces when you try to move them. I leave my toiletries in the camper year 'round in Michigan but the things I had stored in those plastic containers in the pass-through storage were a mess.
Silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 09:24 PM   #39

I keep all my toiletries in a plastic carry bin inside the tub/shower just in case anything freezes/melts and leaks. Freezing seems to be more of a problem. I pull it all out in winter and store the whole bin with other RV stuff in the basement. if I need to use the shower, I can pick it up and move it all without any hassle.
damann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 09:29 PM   #40

We leave everything except food items and some clothes.
2017 Heartland Cyclone 3800
2016 Ford F350 6.7 DRW
B&W Companion
pjones1969 is offline   Reply With Quote