Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2020, 08:29 PM   #1

Lippert Solid Step on a 2015 Rockwood Signature Ultra-Lite

I would like to install a Lippert Solid Step in our 2015 - 8329SS and I don’t have enough clearance between the door bottoms and the threshold the step requires 1/4 inch minimum we have less than 1/8 inch.
I’m wondering if anyone else has had this problem when trying to install either the Lippert Solid Step or the Mor-Ryde Step Above?
I prefer the Lippert due to the top step being much wider than the Mor-Ryde.
Prunyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 08:56 AM   #2

You might try giving Lippert a call and see if they have a work-a-round for this problem, I have not read anything about it.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 12:42 PM   #3

Possible Solution

We just had our Lippert Solid Step installed and faced the same problem. First company installed it and never tried having the steps down and closing the door. The door wouldn't close. They threw there hands up and removed the door leaving holes in our floor. The second place said no problem. They checked the clearance above and below the door and found enough space at the top of the door to shift the door up. The next issue was getting the steps turns out they were on backorder we found out after waiting weeks, then More-ryde had theirs in stock. After waiting more weeks we found out our doorway was too think and they wouldn't latch. So, back to Lippert still out of stock. Our repair shop found a shop with a set and got those and we love our Lippert Solid Step!! It works great! So check to see if there is enough clearance at the top of the door to raise the door to give you clearance at the bottom of the door!
MI-Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite, rockwood