Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-24-2006, 06:19 PM   #1

Mouting US Flag

A year ago, our family purchased a Rockwood 8318 travel trailer and we have enjoyed every minute of it. Even now, it's setup in the back yard and my son and I spent every Friday night in it - are we crazy or what.... For the past six months, I've designed and redesigned ways of mounting two flags (our US flag and the Tenessee State flag) on the tongue of the trailer. I willing what to display three flags, the US flag and two states flags) but I haven't come up with the best combination. I also want to the use 2x3 size flag and have it far enough away from the trailer that they do not flag against it. Hopefully, someone has either designed their own flag mount or have some ideas they wish to share.

God Bless America
Tim in Tennessee
sawlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 08:25 PM   #2

Hello sawlines, Welcome to the Forest River Forums.

This is my, Sam's Club, 20' telescoping flag pole(telescopes down to 4' for easy storage).
It's hard to see it this photo, but the pole stand is secured under the right rear stabilizer foot.

Photos Here

The 20' telescoping flag pole comes with provisions for flying two flags and includes pole stand. I guess you could add clips to fly another. Note: Link may take a while to open.

Merry Christmas.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 10:12 PM   #3

Send a message via MSN to welshman599
I'd have to see it again to fully describe it, but a camper in our CG build a mount with that white PVC pipe, glued together in a three-pronged configuration using 90 degree Tees and sloping off-vertical. He painted it to match his frame and it looked very good. He simply slipped the flag poles (about 1.25" diameter if I recall correctly) down the pipes. The only problem with his installation was that it required taking the flags down to remove the propane tank cover, but that didn't seem to be an issue. The only thing I can't tell you is how he mounted the unit. I didn't really notice.
welshman599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 10:27 PM   #4

I went to HomeDepot and got 2 sections of PVC pipe. 1 the next size smaller then the other so it fits inside. I put hose clamps to the trailers ladder. I take my flag on its own pole with a little electrical tape rapped around the pole just bellow the flag to stop it from falling to far in. I just drop the flag pole in the PVC pipe (It stops at the electrical tape), Extend the inside pipe as far as you like and tighten the top hose clamp just a little. To take it down just pull out the flag pole loosen top clamp and let the inside pipe slide down and your are done. Works great and you can make it as tall as you like just by adding more PVC pipe of larger size. The aluminum poles sold in store make me nervice. I don't what to be the area lightening rod.
1997 F250 H/D
44,000 mls
460ci Motor
4:10 gears
35" BFG's

markclement is offline   Reply With Quote