Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2009, 09:08 PM   #1

New Access Door

We have a Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2605S. The low point drain plugs are under the bath tub which are very difficult to get to through the small opening under the tub inside the camper. We had an access door installed on the outside of our camper so we can now get to the low point drain plugs from outside the camper...pictures attached.

TacBear
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Door install for easy access to to low drain plugs under bath tub 079 (Small).jpg
Views:	206
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	1342   Click image for larger version

Name:	Low Drain Plugs 004 (Small).jpg
Views:	210
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	1343  
TacBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:42 AM   #2
Site Team

Nice! Makes you wonder why the mfg didn't do that to begin with.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:32 AM   #3

Manufactures in the RV world do not plan ahead. I wounder if the people that are doing the building of these units bring these issues up to the Engineers and design team! Could you imagin how good of a rig you could get if it was a team effort. Most likely the people that build them Engineer them and sell them don't own one.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:59 AM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
Manufactures in the RV world do not plan ahead. I wounder if the people that are doing the building of these units bring these issues up to the Engineers and design team! Could you imagin how good of a rig you could get if it was a team effort. Most likely the people that build them Engineer them and sell them don't own one.
My thoughts exactly. When I sent a letter to FR about the issues with my Georgetown I included a question to them.
Why don't you send out a survey to your customers and ask:
1.What do you like about your unit?
2.What do you dislike about your unit?
3.What could we do better?
4.What additional features / options would you like to see?

I included: If you ask, your customers would give you honest feedback where you need improvement.

No reply ever received. You'd think with any major purchase like this, at least a follow-up call or letter would be in order, but they act is if they really don't care about your opinions.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:16 AM   #5

New Door

I first called Rockwood and told them I couldn't find the valves. The person I talked to, assured me that they were there, I just had to feel around for them.

"Feel around for them"? What kind of design is that?

He finally agreed that it was not one of their "better ideas". He said he would pass it on to the design engineers.

I wonder if Rockwood or Forest River reads these forums...

TacBear
TacBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:29 AM   #6

It seems to me that they all stick together, I truely don"t understand other then take your hard earned money and buy there millon dollar homes and I hope they read this one.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:05 AM   #7
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacBear View Post
I first called Rockwood and told them I couldn't find the valves. The person I talked to, assured me that they were there, I just had to feel around for them.

"Feel around for them"? What kind of design is that?

He finally agreed that it was not one of their "better ideas". He said he would pass it on to the design engineers.

I wonder if Rockwood or Forest River reads these forums...

TacBear
The first time I winterized my motorhome I couldn't locate the by-pass valve for the water heater. It's one of those keep feeling around things that I can barely reach. Also the hose that draws antifreeze into the pump. This was still wire-tied and screwed to the inside panel. I had to disassemble the panel because I couldn't fit my arm in far enough, even removed the screw in access cap assembly, to reach the wire-tie and cut it.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote