Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2021, 12:20 AM   #1

New to the site - impressions of Impressions?

Hello, I have been an owner of a 2014 PrimeTime tracer 3200BHT now for about 5 years and we are getting ready to retire in the next few months and are looking to purchase an Impression 315MB to live in with my wife, 3 kids and 2 dogs while we travel the country for a few months. I was hoping that someone could help answer some questions about the model that I am looking to purchase as I am going to have to travel to pick it up. Does anyone here have this model?
Yarnell76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 06:58 AM   #2
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your up coming retirement. Good luck. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 07:04 AM   #3
Member: Old Man Club

Not familiar with the product, but welcome to the forum anyway. Someone will more than likely be along to answer your questions.

2016 Ford F250 Super Duty Crew Cab, 4x4
2021 Palomino Puma 27RLSS
RockDodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 08:08 AM   #4

Welcome to the forum!
Old 03-15-2021, 02:13 PM   #5

Impression

I own an Impression fifth wheel, 26ret. I love the floor plan and it is a great camping rig. However, it is on the lower end of the spectrum of being a full time live in rv. The cabinet are not solid wood, and the coating tends to peel off, the counter tops melt with a hot item place on the, learned that by mistake. I have had to replace numerous screw with larger ones as it seems the just used the bare minimum to hold things in. Awning screws all came lose or out, those type of things.
Abey1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 04:03 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abey1223 View Post
I own an Impression fifth wheel, 26ret. I love the floor plan and it is a great camping rig. However, it is on the lower end of the spectrum of being a full time live in rv. The cabinet are not solid wood, and the coating tends to peel off, the counter tops melt with a hot item place on the, learned that by mistake. I have had to replace numerous screw with larger ones as it seems the just used the bare minimum to hold things in. Awning screws all came lose or out, those type of things.
Thank you for your input and I did notice a lot of that when we looked at the one we saw at an RV show. We are in a GMC 2500 diesel and I really don’t want to buy a new truck right now. So that is why we are going with this model. It is good to know about the screws and I will be sure to stock up on some before we depart so we can make small repairs on the fly. Hopefully your awning was ok. I know from my TT I try to check all my screws before we depart for a long trip but that kind of thing still seems to happen with the bumpy roads we have.
Yarnell76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 06:13 PM   #7

Hello
Another option for screws coming loose or not tightening is to glue a small real wood dowel of the appropriate size to fill the screw hole with real wood. Allow the carpenters glue to dry then replace the screw. Seems to work well for me rather than going to larger and larger screws over time.
colemole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 06:41 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemole View Post
Hello
Another option for screws coming loose or not tightening is to glue a small real wood dowel of the appropriate size to fill the screw hole with real wood. Allow the carpenters glue to dry then replace the screw. Seems to work well for me rather than going to larger and larger screws over time.
I use one or two wooden matchsticks.
Old 03-27-2021, 08:43 PM   #9

I just discovered the Impression line as well. Seems to have some interesting features.

Not thrilled with the 12 Volt refrigerator. Do they offer a propane refrigerator option?

Does anyone know if these use Adzel for the sides?
TST 507 TPMS
nutdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 11:19 PM   #10

We just recently purchased the 315MB and took it on its shakedown trip memorial weekend. We are using a Ram 2500 and needed an ultra-lite 5th-wheel. My wife and I have 2 boys and this unit has plenty of storage which we found lacking in the Coleman’s we’ve used in the past. The dual A/C units keep up nicely though. The loft above the slide out mid bunk is tricky if you are an adult. Feel free to contact me with any questions.
Tiffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 08:02 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffin View Post
We just recently purchased the 315MB and took it on its shakedown trip memorial weekend. We are using a Ram 2500 and needed an ultra-lite 5th-wheel. My wife and I have 2 boys and this unit has plenty of storage which we found lacking in the Coleman’s we’ve used in the past. The dual A/C units keep up nicely though. The loft above the slide out mid bunk is tricky if you are an adult. Feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thanks for posting this update on your new Impression 5th wheel. That looks like a nice floor plan. Impressive pin weight for that size of a unit.

For anyone who may know, what is Impression using for the side walls? The brochure lists this as "Laminated Aluminum Sidewalls." I am seeing this more on RVs but not sure what this means. Does anyone know?

https://www.forestriverinc.com/broch...onBrochure.pdf
TST 507 TPMS
nutdriver is offline   Reply With Quote