Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2016, 03:35 PM   #1

Other RV Forums

Spent several hours just looking and reading other RV Forums and have found that most of the threads are the same as here. Threads range from weight, tires, AC units etc. So I guess most RVers have the same issues and concerns as Forest River owners. I also went on Craigslist and looked at the different RV's for sale and found Forest River has the least of any other type in my area, don't know if that is because we tend to keep our units or what the reason may be. So when someone thinks Forest River is the only one that has some problems go read what others are facing.
2014 F350 / 2015 CC 36 CKTS
Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 03:51 PM   #2
Site Team

Yep, you can go to any other RV forum and find complaints about every brand, not just FR.
And that includes other other brand owners forums.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 04:03 PM   #3

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbes View Post
Spent several hours just looking and reading other RV Forums and have found that most of the threads are the same as here. Threads range from weight, tires, AC units etc. So I guess most RVers have the same issues and concerns as Forest River owners. I also went on Craigslist and looked at the different RV's for sale and found Forest River has the least of any other type in my area, don't know if that is because we tend to keep our units or what the reason may be. So when someone thinks Forest River is the only one that has some problems go read what others are facing.
X2

Whatever brand, It comes down to your turn in the barrel. I bought the cheapest I could find. After reading here, I have been amazed that I do not have some trouble with it. I feel bad for those that do but, think most don't

I am not a lover, just practical.
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 04:16 PM   #4

If you were to just casually glance at this forum sometimes, you'd think they were all crap. I'm on my third Rockwood in six years and haven't really had a problem yet. The popup had issues with the tent not being installed perfectly straight which caused it to be a pain to put up sometimes and a flex hose on the sink drain sprung a leak after almost two years...nothing major. The mini lite had a bad stab jack that was caught during PDI and fixed that day...no other problems but a tongue jack that got water in it after two years. Everything on the new Ultra Light seems to be in working order and the build quality seems good..at least nothing bounced loose from IN to TX during transport. I don't expect there to be any issues when I take it out for the first time in a week or two, if there are, I expect it to be minor...not these "dealer had it for 10 months this year" things you seem to hear about.