Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2007, 08:13 PM   #1

movement of the exterior skin

on this last run of just over 1200 miles we saw quite a large array of poor roads and whooptodos that really caused me to watch my pin box closely
any body else notice the fiberglass moving about 1/2-1" when bouncing around? the pin stayed firm but the skins seemed to move??
mississippi and louisianna need some road work BAAAAAAAD
Old 09-17-2007, 07:17 AM   #2

I've never noticed the skin on mine move. Those dang "whooptodos" can be quite unnerving pulling a 5'er. My wife just closes her eyes and prays.
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:24 AM   #3

not to veer of course to much
but we have a pretty good solution to things "taxing around" while on the road

1. everything has its spot to be stowed away in
2. all cabinets with double doors get a starp of 1" velcor to connect the handles just in case they want to pop open
3. the fridege doors also get velcroed to each other and acroos to the nearest cabinet door
4. we use fridge exspansion "curtain rods " on all shelves up tight against the stuff in side
5. all cabinets that are single door get the neat little child lcks in side that catch when its opened about 3/4 "
6. the dishes get curtian rodded and each plate has a small square of the anitslide rubber stuff sold in rolls at wally wrld to keep em from chipping on them big bounces
and
7. glasses, my wife uses large plastic glasses to cover the glass ones, this way they can bounce around but dont break and each ne sits in a cutout of blue closed cell packing foam

8. the small cutting board we have made from plexi or nylon get stowed in the cabinets to block item flying out if the other safeties fail for the glasses and COFFEE cups
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	384  

Tags
5th wheel