Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2016, 09:35 AM   #1

Positive comments

There are a lot of negative posting on all sites post here what you like and why you keep your RV
tugboat369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 09:50 AM   #2

We just recently got ours, have only really been out once in it. What I loved the most is that we (myself, DW, 2 kids) were together with no one else competing for our attention. Sure, we played on our smart phones and tablets at times, but mostly focused on spending time together. Sounds cheesy, but that's how I feel.
If you were specifically talking about the trailer itself... No problems to report!

Joe
Old 07-26-2016, 10:00 AM   #3

It's new and not a lot of camping experience, but so far:

Everything except the hot water system is great. I love the thing. And the HW system is getting replaced.

What do I like about it?.......you're making me think
-Great refrigerator. Residential with ice maker. SO MUCH better than the old elec/propane that was impossible to regulate.
-Two a/c units (course, mine is big), and it cools great.
-The 'modern' of it. Ease of use (once you figure it out)
-The best bed I ever slept on, period.
-Lots of room.

I'm just impressed with mine so far.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 10:05 AM   #4

Had a great first year with our new unit...and it's been ROUGH so far with continuous problems. We keep going because it's the nature of the beast I guess.

Life is good...Live it!
Nights Camped - (2014) - 16 in 6 trips (2015) - 20 in 6 trips
(2016) - 21 in 7 trips
(2017) - 12 in 3 and going seasonal for at least the rest of the year!
JustB_Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 10:14 AM   #5

A few what I consider minor problems the first year that I took care of, it's never been back to the dealer. Coming into our third year with our RV and we really enjoy it. We plan on keeping it several more years. Allot of what I read on the forums seems to be dealer related.
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 10:17 AM   #6

Not sure if you are referring to Rving or the RV itself so here's a little of both:

1. I love the peaceful and serene landscapes that surround us in most campsites.

2. I love sleeping in my own clean bed that thousands of others have not slept in or use my own clean toilet and shower that I have to hope was cleaned properly like you would experience in a hotel.

3. Being a Cajun is a blessing but can also be a curse when traveling away from home because there are several food items that you just can't locate in other areas. Having our own RV pantry ensures that we can bring our favorite coffee, meats and seasonings with us.

4. Living on the Gulf Coast presents the risk of hurricanes.............thus evacuating your home for extended periods of time. After the nightmare of 2005-2006 and being displaced for weeks at a time in hotels is not comforting, peaceful or safe by any means. Having your own home away from home guarantees that you will always have a roof over your head if there is nothing left to come home to. Been there, done that and this is when our love of RV's was created. We bought our first one when we lost our home in Rita while we rebuilt.

5. The RV community is unlike anything else. They are, in most cases, respectful, helpful and there to relax and have a good time. It's unlike home where everyone is rushing through each day to keep your head above water, grass mowed, home maintenance, fast meals, cleaning, jobs and distractions from every direction.

6. Simplicity! When did we all think that large homes were a great idea? I find that in the RV with minimal multifunctional pieces of furniture, appliances, clothing and material possessions I feel less overwhelmed and relaxed. At home we can't wait to get indoors and when camping we can't wait to get outdoors.

7. Spending time together.
Old 07-26-2016, 10:36 AM   #7

Ejagno, that's downright spiritual! You need to post more. VERY good stuff.

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 07-26-2016, 11:10 AM   #8
Site Team

Rockwood 8282ws.
We love the open floorplan, Two ac's, FR service, our great service center in Bossier City (Bayou Outdoors) and light weight of the 8282ws.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 11:15 AM   #9
Site Team

[QUOTE=ejagno;1271120]Not sure if you are referring to Rving or the RV itself so here's a little of both:.

3. Being a Cajun is a blessing but can also be a curse when traveling away from home because there are several food items that you just can't locate in other areas. Having our own RV pantry ensures that we can bring our favorite coffee, meats and seasonings with us.

No 3 is true for north La folks too.
Can't leave home without my Steen's (sugar cane) syrup, Tony's seasoning and community coffee.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 12:00 PM   #10

hidee ho

Hello, we absolutely love our FR Surveyor 220; a 25' trailer perfect for 2 people. We get along really good and this trailer has several things we really like, a big bathroom with lots of storage, a comfly couch/lounge/dinette slider area, a full queen bed, a tv that swivels from living area into bedroom and it only weighs 5000lbs loaded so our 2012 Ram 1500 hemi tows it with power and braking to spare. Love getting away and just sitting in our camp chairs and recharging our batteries so to speak.
Happy Camping!!

2013 Forest River Surveyor SP220 Sport 25'
2012 Ram 1500 4X4, 5.7L Hemi quad cab
pt1655 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 03:16 PM   #11

This is what I was hoping for.
As for Steen's all I can do is make simple sweet.
tugboat369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:52 PM   #12
Always Learning

This:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3142.JPG
Views:	270
Size:	454.2 KB
ID:	115456

RVing keeps my family together and closer than we were before. I love that my life has afforded me the opportunity to go fulltime as a family.

As a fulltime family, we've been able to see and visit family and friends across the country.

http://nowornever.learntorv.com/2015...-about-us.html

Oh, and it's forced me to be mildly handy.
Old 07-26-2016, 09:00 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Despite all the issues we have had, we keep with our sabre because we love the floor plan and trim level. We have had great help from frogs, FRF members, our dealership and forest river. We have made a ton of great friends and want to keep making more friends. I have said it before and I will say it again... camping helped save my marriage. My DH and I were drifting apart. We were on the verge of a separation. Against my better judgement, i let him talk me into our first tt. Suddenly we were taking walks together. We were playing cards while our DD napped. We reconnected. That was five years ago. How can you walk away from something that brings your family back to basics just because of some mechanical issues. What does that teach my child? She watched us push through and learned strength from hardship.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 09:12 PM   #14

That was a very personal thing to share. Thanks for stating something that everyone can take something good away with them. All of these posts help temper what I have been reading here lately.

"spendydad", handsome family.

Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 09:18 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
Despite all the issues we have had, we keep with our sabre because we love the floor plan and trim level. We have had great help from frogs, FRF members, our dealership and forest river. We have made a ton of great friends and want to keep making more friends. I have said it before and I will say it again... camping helped save my marriage. My DH and I were drifting apart. We were on the verge of a separation. Against my better judgement, i let him talk me into our first tt. Suddenly we were taking walks together. We were playing cards while our DD napped. We reconnected. That was five years ago. How can you walk away from something that brings your family back to basics just because of some mechanical issues. What does that teach my child? She watched us push through and learned strength from hardship.
Wow

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 07-27-2016, 07:39 AM   #16

DH and I got our first camper, pop up camper right after the first bed bug scare since I wasn't real willing to sleep in someone else's bed and possibly bring them home. It turned out to be too small for us and we steadily moved up to bigger and nicer till we got to our 27RLWS. Now we have Chole' and I have done so many mods to her to make it just right for us. The Room, The Slides, The counter space, the Bedroom door that shuts and keeps out the tv noise when DH can't sleep. The reasons we keep it.. All the reasons listed above and then some....some I can't even find the words to say. I am the only one of the kids my parents raised that still camps and we get together every year to spend time with each other that we were never able to do before.
We have found new friends and new reasons to get out camping more than ever before also.
Pinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 08:02 AM   #17

Too many to mention, but there it goes:
- First and foremost, we need to thank our Lord for giving us the opportunities to enjoy what he has blessed us with.
- Taking our kids out of the daily electronic filled world (iPads, Video Games, etc..) and having them enjoy the simple things we all did like playing outside!
- Enjoy new places.
- Meeting new people. We are always blessed with meeting great camping neighbors.
And of course having you own moving bathroom! Let's face it, we're not getting any younger! haha.

God Bless,
Matt
Matt Majeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 08:10 AM   #18
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
Great post, A! Thanks.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 08:15 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
Great post, A! Thanks.
That is great...
Matt Majeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 08:38 AM   #20
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
This:

Attachment 115456

RVing keeps my family together and closer than we were before. I love that my life has afforded me the opportunity to go fulltime as a family.

As a fulltime family, we've been able to see and visit family and friends across the country.

Now Or Never - an RV Tale: This trip isn&#39;t just about us..

Oh, and it's forced me to be mildly handy.
Life IS grand, but oh too short! Glad you are making the most of it and we ALL should be as well!!!!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote