Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2017, 10:24 AM   #1

SIerra PDEK 360 Party Deck Warning

Well after buying this unit because of the party deck, I have just found out from LCI that it is not water proof and should be put up in rain. I have had my unit over 4 months and nowhere in the documentation or in any discussions we had with dealer specifically related to the deck were we told that we had to do that. Had we known this was the case we would have never ever bought it. Forest River has basically told us "not our problem" you have to deal with LCI. This was from Tobi Conroy and Warranty Administrator for the Sierra Division. Anyone else have this issue. Anyone had any issues with the deck?

Thank You,
gamtnbear
gamtnbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 09:12 AM   #2

Other then finding out its not waterproof did you experience some sort of problem with the deck? The reason I ask is you contacted the warranty division.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 12:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
Other then finding out its not waterproof did you experience some sort of problem with the deck? The reason I ask is you contacted the warranty division.
SeaDog, I have a tent enclosure for the deck. It broke and I was trying to see if I could buy the part or get it replaced th from LCI per instructions from warranty division. They woukd not replace have to buy whole new kit for 1400 all I need is one pole. After I got the infirmation, the LCI support person proceeds to tell me that tge deck should not get wet and that if anything happens to it ,it is not covered under warranty. They recommend breaking it down for rain storms. FR confirmed.
Old 07-19-2017, 01:59 PM   #4

OK understand the reason for calling now, don't understand why they would not just sell you a pole or support what ever it is. Maybe you can make or have someone make you one using the broken part as a sample. Let the forum know the fix so others will know what to do.

If there are no warning stickers or warnings in your manual or paperwork saying to close the outside deck when it rains I do't see how they could refuse problems caused by weather.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 02:08 PM   #5

It is not with any of the documentation I got. It is on LCI website product page. How was I supposed to know. I do not look up every piece in the trailer on the web. I expect all pertinnt info to be in the information I recieved.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamtnbear View Post
It is not with any of the documentation I got. It is on LCI website product page. How was I supposed to know. I do not look up every piece in the trailer on the web. I expect all pertinnt info to be in the information I recieved.
Mine is open all summer (2 years now) was told that there is no wood inside ramp door all aluminium and injected plastic was told that is ok in rain have not yet any problem with it
pallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 12:28 PM   #7

2016 Spartan 1234X loading ramp party deck
pallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 02:20 PM   #8

Should be OK for Rain

This You Tube says to install canopy for rain.

KF6VBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 02:25 PM   #9

We installed the canopy. It was defective and broke. It is an add on not standard equipment.
Old 07-20-2017, 03:12 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KF6VBJ View Post
This You Tube says to install canopy for rain.

I got tired just watching them do all that work installing the canopy. Probably quit raining by the time you get it up
Old 07-20-2017, 03:33 PM   #11

We had it but it was defective and broke. Also an add on not standard with the 5er. We had to pay extra for it. There was no documentation given to us. We had to find this video to figure out how to put it up. To replace this is 1400 for the enclosure.
Old 07-20-2017, 05:25 PM   #12

PDEK360

I have one of these on my Sandpiper. When I first bought it, the deck was warped and the springs didn't assist. After lengthy discussions with LCI, Forest River and my dealer, I finally got it replaced under warranty. I was told by LCI that I should always put it up if it rains....which didn't matter because it was warped so bad it still got wet. At that time, I couldn't lift it without at least one more person. It's a great idea put very poor design. It needs cable lift assist or something it make it easier to put up.
trudyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 11:34 AM   #13

Glad you posted this!! We have the Wildcat 29 RKP that has a patio deck. We were told at the factory tour back in Feb. it was okay to leave it open to rain. We asked two different folks there and they both said yes, no problem. Husband didn't feel confident in that answer so we decided we would not leave it out in rain. Now that we have had the unit for 2 months ( from factory ) we noticed that the gasket at the top of the patio (when closed up) shows light of day and water comes in running down the deck when raining. He had to tighten bolts and recaulk the entire decking ( missing caulking ). There is a sticker on deck, but only about weight limits. No info at all in our manuals about the deck. We will always close up for sure now!! Thank you!
Katydid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 08:12 PM   #14

Our PDEK going on three years old with no discernable issues. I leave the rear awning out about 2-3 feet when it rains to help keep some of the water off. Once the rain stops in either sweep the water off or lift the deck up slightly to drain the water.
Sierra360PDEK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sierra