Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2019, 06:23 AM   #101
Insert witty title here

My 23 year old refers to these remnants as sideburns.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 07:33 AM   #102

The fifth brother (Groucho, Chico, Harpo, Zeppo, and Skid)?

Seriously... eleven pages and counting...
Summit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 04:47 PM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by woo10-210 View Post
Gone mad? Maybe. But it was certainly an entertaining break from the normal 'can I tow this toy hauler with my '80 Volkswagen diesel pickup?' and 'I'll never buy another so-and-so again' post.
You left out "I live in the South, should I winterize"?
DavidBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 05:54 PM   #104
Site Team

Wow this thread has taken on life of it's own.... epic!

Here are my suggestions for the OPs concern if none of the earlier comments were helpful:

1. Take the light bulbs out the the bathroom fixtures. (tree falling in the woods paradigm in play here).

2. Take the 7 year old kids approach and ignore the issue. When questioned about any "discoloration" simply deny any knowledge of the issue. If you need any coaching on the appropriate shoulder shrug I can rent you my kid.

3. Shift blame. Next time you lift the lid, step back and very loudly exclaim: "Who did this?! What the heck? Are you a barbarian? Get in here and clean it up - now"

4. Remove the problem entirely. Pull out the offending pot and black tank leaving an open hole to the ground (think old railroad facilities over bare tracks).

5. When you're buying your next rig (in a smaller size because you'll likely only need space for one person now) make sure it has a porcelain throne

Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 06:09 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
My 23 year old refers to these remnants as sideburns.
Grandson calls them "Hash Marks".

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 03:44 PM   #106

Carrots

This is the best reading I've ever done on a forum post. OK, I have a small world.

Anyways, I think carrots are the answer. The trick is to get farm fresh carrots with the tops attached. No, it's not about the flavour, but be patient and I'll explain. The carrots are best eaten 3 to 5 hours before the time of your normal BM deposit. It takes time for this stuff to work through the system you know. Do not throw away the carrot tops, this may be needed later. Go along with your day as you normally wood. Enjoy the sunshine, talk to the neighbours, have a coffee or other favourite beverage and then when the time is right get down to business.

Now, put the carrot tops in a bag and take them with you. Close the door, read a book, facebook, or whatever it is you do while you are busy. Once done do an inspection. If all slipped away without a trace then ditch the carrot tops in the garbage and cover with TP to hide the evidence. If traces are left, unbag the tops, wet them, add a bit of soap and then, well you know... ....give the throne a clockwise swoosh. Yes, that is all it takes. All tracks will be gone.

Cheers!
RStock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 07:26 PM   #107

I always thought of "skid marks" as...well...something else. Around here, we call what you're referring to as "reentry burns"!
DavidBo is offline   Reply With Quote