Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2016, 07:41 PM   #21
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtesta1 View Post
Pistons are stainless steel coated with lubricant, made for the elements. Do you jack your car up when parked to keep the shocks from rusting..Same thing.
You might check again. I've never heard of stainless steel rods. Every rod ive come across are chromed, even on shocks.
Pistons arnt going to rust as they are in the barrel surrounded by oil. Working with farm equipment and heavy equipment you see rusted and pitted rods quite often.
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 08:43 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim34RL View Post
I store my 34RL Cedar Creek with the front legs down and with a King Pin Tripod support. The center and rear legs are retracted for storage. I wipe the legs down with silicone lubricant each time before I retract them.When the camper is in storage the front legs are wiped down before we leave. I will go out about once a month and reapply the silicone spray and replace the mouse replant in the storage basement of our camper.

I do not believe that a King Pin tripod support can support the entire pin weight of my 5er with the all of the legs being retracted, the tripod legs in my humble opinion would collapse.
Same as I do but I placed some 6x6 landscape blocks under the front legs to shorten the exposed cylinder.
offduty11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 02:42 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfiowa View Post
I used couple of blocks under the hyd jacks.
Hook camper to truck...raise jacks up, put blocks under jacks lower jacks down to raise camper up
Remove truck lower camper. Perfect height, and jack cylinders are protected from weather

2014 cedar creek 36ckts
2014 Chevy 3500 1 ton crew cab 4x4 long bed.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
I did exactly this when we put ours away for the winter. Very easy and I have driven by it several times and all is good.
Old 12-08-2016, 08:20 AM   #24

I leave all 6 levers extended all the way (tires off the ground) all winter. No issues with rust or pitting on the rams. Lubricate them in the fall and spring.

Tags
fifth wheel, jacks, wheel