Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 07:01 PM   #41

Send a message via Skype™ to Doc Wu
I had taken my camper out during a warm spell in January. When I got back, it had snowed and I could not get it back into my side yard where it was. I had to rent a storage facility.
I just checked on it as I read this thread. There is a camera with an online viewer and I can see it any time I like. It's also deep back in the storage yard. A pain to get in and out. For me. For a thief.
My philosophy on locks is just have enough that you can honestly fill out the insurance claim and say it was locked. Too strong a lock only guarantees massive damage as they break in and it might make them think something of value is inside. The stock locks will keep out the curious and honest people. Thieves will just escalate their efforts until they get in.
Doc Wu is offline   Reply
Old 05-24-2018, 07:20 PM   #42

I think that locks only provide security to the owner of the contents of what is locked. All locks can be broken. I have been inside my trailer when neighborhood kids have tested the outside access doors. I scared the hell out of them, but nothing that would have ended up causing trouble for them or for me. I do put a lock on my trailer hitch. I have seen trailers get stolen and a simple lock would act as a deterrant.
Villagerjjm is offline   Reply
Old 05-24-2018, 07:49 PM   #43

We had 6000 worth of stuff stolen at our dealership... 8000 worth of damage on our mh. It cost us two deductibles one for the contents and one for the vehicle... I feel ya. I sure do
colourful64 is offline   Reply
Old 05-24-2018, 08:03 PM   #44

My advice

My advice to folks leaving TT and MHs at storage places is not to leave anything of value in the outside compartments. Taking the items out of them and storing that at home would be less trouble than having to deal with insurance, having to go find and buy the stuff again. Or try this trick, put signs on the compartment doors saying these compartments are empty. We do not leave anything in here. Hopefully the thief will just pass you by. And as far as the unit itself make sure there is nothing of value left where it can be seen thru a window or windshield. I worked in autoglass replacement for 17 years. If a thief can see anything inside they want you have made yourself a target.
Rasberry27834 is offline   Reply
Old 05-24-2018, 11:27 PM   #45
Site Team

As per the previous site team warning, thread now closed.

Posts that are against the site guidelines have been removed....again...and for the last time as the site team cannot keep monitoring a thread and/or fielding complaints about such.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply
Closed Thread