Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2017, 05:40 PM   #1

Suspension upgrade

I know about Morride independent suspension but has anyone had experience with Timbren Silent Ride or Liberty Rider systems?
Ddubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 08:37 PM   #2

For what vehicle?
spydunks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 10:10 PM   #3

Fifth Wheel
Old 11-16-2017, 10:23 PM   #4

I don't know about those but nothing Compares to the MORRyde IS
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 10:27 AM   #5
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddubya View Post
I know about Morride independent suspension but has anyone had experience with Timbren Silent Ride or Liberty Rider systems?
I have the shocks from RV Improvement Systems ... aka the Liberty Rider system, I think. I replaced the springs separately from this.

I can't say it made a huge difference for me. At the end of the day, they were expensive shocks and having it installed make it even more expensive. I think I have about $1,100 into it.

If I could do the install myself, I might consider it on a future vehicle. If not, I'm not sure the extra cost of installation makes it worthwhile.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:35 AM   #6

I'm guessing the main advantage of shocks is to reduce the bouncing of the trailer in transit. Do they have other benefits?

visit our website at www.restcure.ca
Restcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 11:13 AM   #7
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restcure View Post
I'm guessing the main advantage of shocks is to reduce the bouncing of the trailer in transit. Do they have other benefits?
Reducing the bounce in the trailer is supposed to reduce the bounce inflicted on the rear of the truck, thus improving the ride up there. That was my main reason for getting them (largely based on praise that I read on RV forums/groups).

Secondly, I had/liked the idea of reducing the impact to the camper itself. Not just the bounce, but the jarring-ness of the bounce. Ironically, I still ended up with frame damage after a few years of overloaded fulltiming. But hey, whatcha gonna do?
Old 11-17-2017, 11:33 AM   #8

Quote:
I can't comment on the 2 systems you are referring to but we had 2 rv's with 8 K axles and MorRyde IS that we really liked and were initially disappointed when we learned it wasn't available on the RiverStone which comes standard with 8 K Dexter axles and Dexter EZ-Flex. My subjective experience so far is that the EZ-Flex is more effective than the MorRyde IS but requires more frequent grease jobs.
You may also want to consider upgrading the pinbox to one that works in sync with the suspension.
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 04:03 PM   #9

Suspension

ependydad
The system that you have is the Joy Rider shock upgrade. The one that I am considering is called Liberty Rider which is completely different. Rumor has it that Forest River will be using the Liberty Rider suspension and it will be installed by Lippert.
Old 11-20-2017, 04:01 PM   #10
Always Learning

Quote:
ependydad
The system that you have is the Joy Rider shock upgrade. The one that I am considering is called Liberty Rider which is completely different. Rumor has it that Forest River will be using the Liberty Rider suspension and it will be installed by Lippert.
Ahh, ok. So then ignore me.

Personally, I'd go with anything but Lippert. But that's just me!

Tags
suspension, upgrade