Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2015, 09:19 AM   #21
lmopaulin

Thanks for this information martinto. So that begs the question about buying from a dealer of a wholesaler. I've only found two dealers who carry the Vibe and they're not the 26'. But if there's a sway bar issue, I hesitate to buy from someone who isn't local.
Lmopaulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 05:58 PM   #22

Am seriously thinking about pulling the trigger on a new Vibe Extreme Light 221RBS. Have had a pop up trailer, a 26' travel trailer, a 38' 5th wheel, a 27' travel trailer, and now down sizing one more time to a 24-25' trailer. Narrowed down from NorthTrail, Fun Finder, Jayco, & Vibe, down to two and now down to the Vibe. On the Vibe, like the contemporary looks, thoughtfully engineered, & feature ladened & up to date items (how FR decided to not install a black tank flush is beyond me though, & a ridiculous item to delete). Now researching a bit more on forums & see the comment on the towing issue with the Vibe. I am not understanding exactly why a weight distribution hitch /sway would not work on the Vibe, looking at the tongue of the trailer, there still is the same basic frame area to add the brackets and sway bar (will use equalizer) even though the propane tank is concealed in the front cap, so wouldn't the unit tow as well as other trailers? Also thought that the wide track of the wheel spacing would help in a smoother ride and maybe sway? Any comments from Vibe Owners would be appreciated, hoping to purchase very soon.
Craigski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 01:07 PM   #23

I don't know about the Vibe, but I have the V-Lite 21 wrs by FR. It is the same v nose design I believe. I had the Equalizer installed and I have not had any trouble towing. In fact I forget it is back there sometimes.
forthefunofit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 01:06 PM   #24

Well guys, OP here. I pulled the trigger on a Vibe 268RKS.

I put a down payment on it but with all the snow, I can't bring it home until probably mid April. They will store it at no charge but they want me to come in and complete the sale. I asked if we would be doing a PDI at that time and they said "no, we thought you were picking it up in April". I told them I wanted to inspect the unit before I complete the sale and, assuming there are no major issues, I'll complete the sale and get a punch list in writing for the minor issues. Does that sound reasonable?

They agreed to do the PDI now but I don't think they were happy about it (not that I care that much). I figure this will give them plenty of time to fix my punch list items before final inspection/pickup in April.

I've got the PDI checklist. Anything else to think about for when I go?

Thanks for all the responses here. I'll post back how things go.
tmhudg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 06:08 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthefunofit View Post
I don't know about the Vibe, but I have the V-Lite 21 wrs by FR. It is the same v nose design I believe. I had the Equalizer installed and I have not had any trouble towing. In fact I forget it is back there sometimes.
good to know & thanks. Pretty sure will be moving forward on this in the next couple weeks, with snow on the ground not all that motivated, but just want to have here by end of April.
Craigski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 09:20 PM   #26

We bought a 2015 272 bhs and love it I pull it with a 2011 f 150 ecoboost and have a ez lift 1000 lb tong weight hitch with sway control not one ounce of problems power wise and or braking do have some sway when being passed my ez lift hitch has chain hangers can't use the pull up tighten type due to short nose but love the camper their are some differences between mine witch is a 2015 ( build in 9/14/2014 ) and a late 2015 I have two dump valves where the later model has only one ( wish I has it lol) all the cable and water controllers as well as the out side shower are on the slide out side by the bath door where my out side shower is in the back near the grill as is the cable hook ups good luck and safe travels

Clancy vibe272bhs
timothy clancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 12:52 PM   #27

I have purchased the 268RKS from RV Nation in Ohio. Check out there price if you want to save $3,000+. I am going to use the Hensley Swift Arrow hitch. Pricey many say but safety, relaxation are more important. You can pay with it with the trailer savings and still have money left. Terry Powell at Hensley is a tremendous help. It will work with the front nose. I will be picking it up after Easter and drive it 400 miles for my first pull. Using a Dodge Ram 1500.
ronstravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 05:03 PM   #28

Congrats Ron & Timothy. We just finished the 4000 mile trip with our new 268. Nothing to add to the previous review. Going to the dealer to fix a minor leak in one of the grey water valves and have them put a ladder on but that's it. Was going to replace the 5 gallon propane tanks with 7 1/2 gallons but realized it was easier and cheaper to carry an additional 5 gallon tank. There is plenty of room and the smaller tanks are much easier to handle--no wrench to get em' off and lighter.
BradB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 06:30 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradB View Post
Congrats Ron & Timothy. We just finished the 4000 mile trip with our new 268. Nothing to add to the previous review. Going to the dealer to fix a minor leak in one of the grey water valves and have them put a ladder on but that's it. Was going to replace the 5 gallon propane tanks with 7 1/2 gallons but realized it was easier and cheaper to carry an additional 5 gallon tank. There is plenty of room and the smaller tanks are much easier to handle--no wrench to get em' off and lighter.
Hey folks, I also bought a new 2015 268RKS, which I pick up in mid-May. It was built in mid Dec 2015. Would it still have the separate grey water drain or would it be the all-in-one? Is this only an issue on the other Vibe or is it common on all models?
Also, if you are going to get a ladder installed, can you find out how/where they attach it to the rear and what model/type you are getting installed? I want to install a ladder on the back of mine and of course, the selling dealer is saying that there is no place on the back wall of the trailer that the ladder can be anchored to.....
Old 03-28-2015, 07:15 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingdreamer View Post
Hey folks, I also bought a new 2015 268RKS, which I pick up in mid-May. It was built in mid Dec 2015. Would it still have the separate grey water drain or would it be the all-in-one? Is this only an issue on the other Vibe or is it common on all models?
Also, if you are going to get a ladder installed, can you find out how/where they attach it to the rear and what model/type you are getting installed? I want to install a ladder on the back of mine and of course, the selling dealer is saying that there is no place on the back wall of the trailer that the ladder can be anchored to.....

Congrats wing dreamer , it's hard to say what kind of dump valves you will have since it seems that fr changes so much mine has no heat vent in the bathroom in out 272 bhs went to camper show today and talked to the fr rep and was told he will look into it but could not give me a reason why some have it and others don't as far as a ladder it might be cheaper to buy a little giant ladder and keep in the bed of truck when you do your pdi ask to walk on the roof and look over entire area I found hole and lap sealent that had huge air pockets allowing water in nose cap area good luck and safe travels

Clancy vibe272bhs
timothy clancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 07:27 PM   #31

Quote:
Our dealer recommended and are installing the Equalizer system. Reese Dual Cam systems require too much modification on the Vibes.
Hi Brad, I purchased a Vibe 268RKS and have also purchased an Equal-i-zer Model: 90-00-1000 hitch. Is this the same one that you are getting installed on your Vibe? Which model Vibe did you buy? I am curious as I am not picking up my trailer till mid-May but have the hitch now.... still wondering how it will fit with the short tongue...
Thanks! Alan
Old 04-02-2015, 05:14 PM   #32

Hitch Question

The L Brackets for the WD Bars fit nicely on the Vibe 268RKS. 27" from the mid of the hitch latch works perfect no mods necessary. Both the 2 point and 4 point WD bars fit the L brackets PM me with additional questions. phbtravel@msn.com . I took delivery on 3/25 and pulled it across White Pass Eastern Washington with my 1500 Ram Hemi, smooth as silk.
Paulvibe268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 10:02 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulvibe268 View Post
The L Brackets for the WD Bars fit nicely on the Vibe 268RKS. 27" from the mid of the hitch latch works perfect no mods necessary. Both the 2 point and 4 point WD bars fit the L brackets PM me with additional questions. phbtravel@msn.com . I took delivery on 3/25 and pulled it across White Pass Eastern Washington with my 1500 Ram Hemi, smooth as silk.
Thats great news, thx Paul. do you have any pics of it mounted/hooked up?
Old 04-08-2015, 10:40 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingdreamer View Post
Hi Brad, I purchased a Vibe 268RKS and have also purchased an Equal-i-zer Model: 90-00-1000 hitch. Is this the same one that you are getting installed on your Vibe? Which model Vibe did you buy? I am curious as I am not picking up my trailer till mid-May but have the hitch now.... still wondering how it will fit with the short tongue...
Thanks! Alan
We have the 90-00-1400 on the 268 but the 1000 will be fine. With any Equalizer model the stabilizer brackets that mount to the trailer frame are a good 6-8 inches below the fiberglass front.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:48 AM   #35

Quote:
We have the 90-00-1400 on the 268 but the 1000 will be fine. With any Equalizer model the stabilizer brackets that mount to the trailer frame are a good 6-8 inches below the fiberglass front.
Thats good news! I even called Forest River Vibe division and they told me that they have used the equalizer hitch on their units and it fit ok. Nice to hear about it in real world situations!
Old 04-08-2015, 11:45 AM   #36

rpcorn

I bought a 308 Vibe light this year and love it. No issues as of yet.I pull mine with a 2003 F150 with 5.4 engine and an equalizer hitch. Does a great job of pulling it. I was really suprised at how well it did pull. The equalizer hitch fit without any problems
rpcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 09:53 PM   #37

This is great news with the equilizer hitch. I just bought a 272bhs with the 10k equlizer set up and what I saw it was going to fit. It's great news to hear that it will. We pick ours up on monday. Also anyone have a black tank wash out installed or do it their self?
Lilrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 10:22 PM   #38

Ok picked up our vibe 272bhs with the 10k equilizer wd and sway control. You can not install the brakets on the camper at the correct distance from the front of the camper you need 32" but can set it to 27". With the stock setup of the camper you can't even get it set to 27" I only could get it to 25". But with a little fab work. I have removed the lp tanks and the lower holder for the lp tanks. I have moved the brackets to 31.5" and now will fab three 2" raisers between the stock brackets and the lower lp hold down. Pushing the whole lp set up two inches to give it the room needed for the tow brackets to fit were they need to be. I will try and get pics tomorrow and will be going on a run this Friday. I will let everyone know how it worked out for setting up the bars. Kind of worried on getting the bars locked into place. I do like the look of it because the front lp cover will hide the tow brackets more now and look cleaner.
Lilrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 09:59 AM   #39

My Sis and BIL just bought a 279RBS.We looked at it with them.Really looks like a nice TT.They are supposed to get it in a couple of weeks.They bought from Couchrvnation.Really good price compared to a couple of local dealers and they;re are delivering to Ft.Worth too.
DaveandSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 06:35 PM   #40

Sorry you're having to make all those modifications. The bars on my Equalizer are 34.5" long and as you can see, well below the trailer. What exactly is the model number of your Equalizer system?

Tags
vibe