Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2015, 06:38 PM   #41

I'm not sure on the exact model number to be honest was the 10k with the kit of everything needed. You should be set more then 32" away and that was my problem. It isn't a huge mod at all to get it to fit just moving the lp tanks up 2 " is all
Lilrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 06:40 PM   #42

Here is a close up of how the bracket is attached to the frame:

BradB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 06:42 PM   #43

Yes mine are like that to I just wasn't at the 32 I was only at 25 so with a little work I'll be where I need to be. Pics soon
Old 04-18-2015, 07:34 PM   #44

I am about to purchase a Vibe 268RKS trading in a 2013 North Trail 24RBS. I am hoping the RKS will have more interior room. I am purchasing from Camping World and think I got a pretty good deal. They have one on order coming in that I will check out. From what I have read so far most people seem to like this unit. I love LED's....are the ones that come with the unit multi colored?
winger53215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 07:42 PM   #45

Congrats on your future purchase I am not sure if the led lights come Multi colored ours is not we were looking at the rear kitchen model and if the kids were older we would have gotten that one since we liked it as much as the 272 keep us informed on your buying process.

Clancy vibe272bhs
timothy clancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 07:44 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by winger53215 View Post
I am about to purchase a Vibe 268RKS trading in a 2013 North Trail 24RBS. I am hoping the RKS will have more interior room. I am purchasing from Camping World and think I got a pretty good deal. They have one on order coming in that I will check out. From what I have read so far most people seem to like this unit. I love LED's....are the ones that come with the unit multi colored?
I bought mine from CW also. There are two sets of LEDs - One set is inside and runs around the underside edge of the kitchen counter. The other set is outside under the awning where it attaches to the side/roof. Neither of mine are multicolored (thank God ).

You are *hoping* it has more room? Have you been inside it yet? You realize it's 32 feet long right? It's huge!
Old 04-18-2015, 08:20 PM   #47

Thanks, do you know if there is under bed storage?
winger53215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:22 PM   #48

Quote:
Thanks, do you know if there is under bed storage?
Yes. There is a panel that lifts up. It does not have gas struts though so you have to hold it up.
Old 04-18-2015, 08:24 PM   #49

I just did a PDI on mine today, pick it up next week. They did show me under bed storage. About the bottom 1/3 of the bed.
2017 Ram 3500 6.7 Diesel
Bowhnter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 12:41 AM   #50

Quote:
I am about to purchase a Vibe 268RKS trading in a 2013 North Trail 24RBS. I am hoping the RKS will have more interior room.
Its got plenty of room like THM said. Had our three months, been on the road with it two of those three months and we love it. The LED lights under the awning and kitchen counters don't just look good but serve a purpose. Took it in for warranty stuff and the only issue we've had is a sticky lock (outdoor kitchen) and leaky grey water valve. Everything else works great. Enjoy your new toy!
Old 04-19-2015, 09:58 PM   #51

I am considering purchasing VIBE 268RKS from rvwholesalers. Is installing an equalizer hitch something i would have to do myself? If so how difficult is it for someone like myself who is not the most mechanical.
tjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 10:13 PM   #52

Equalizer 10k hitch worked great I loved it. I had to raise up my lp tanks to get it to sit it where it needed to be. On my setup I needed to be at 32"from the ball center. I'm now at 31.5" Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1429499619187.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	166.6 KB
ID:	74765
Old 04-20-2015, 06:39 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjay View Post
I am considering purchasing VIBE 268RKS from rvwholesalers. Is installing an equalizer hitch something i would have to do myself? If so how difficult is it for someone like myself who is not the most mechanical.
Installation instructions are online here:
http://www.equalizerhitch.com/pdf/EQOwnersManual.pdf

Take a read and see if you think it's doable. From what I've read, I think RVW will install your hitch for you when they deliver the TT. I was reasonably confident I could do it myself so I bought it online and took it with me when I went to pick up my TT. It was somewhat of a challenge getting it set up in the dealer parking lot. A couple of techs came over and helped me get things level and tightened up and I was grateful for the help.

The 268 has an extra challenge in that you can't put the bar hangers in the desired spot. Mine are closer than the min. 27" and I'm going to look into raising the Propane tank platform as others have done on this thread. I didn't notice any problems towing it home but I want to do it to spec.
Old 04-20-2015, 06:40 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilrascal View Post
Equalizer 10k hitch worked great I loved it. I had to raise up my lp tanks to get it to sit it where it needed to be. On my setup I needed to be at 32"from the ball center. I'm now at 31.5" Attachment 74765
I'm assuming this pic is upside down? Can you explain what you actually did? I need to do something similar.
Old 04-20-2015, 06:45 AM   #55

Yes the picture is upside down not sure why it is on here it's not when I took it. I removed all the tank stuff and cut and installed 2 inch square steel between the bracket that holds the lp tanks and the braces that went from the two arm frames. You can even still use the tool to put the arms onto the brackets.
Old 04-20-2015, 06:49 AM   #56

I also was under the spec I was at 25" now I'm at 30.5 I think but it only took about two hours for the whole think Good luck it tows great now
Old 04-20-2015, 08:28 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjay View Post
If you are buying a RV from RVW work a Deal for the (EQ Hitch and Install)! They are cheaper than Most anyhow! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 01:10 PM   #58

I just picked up my new 2015 Vibe 272bhs and have the Blue Ox Sway pro WDH. Super easy to install and allowed me to mount it in the correct location. It tows very nice and I have already had to tow it in 25-35 MPH winds.

As to quality, I was very impressed when I picked it up. Spent 5 hrs doing a very thorough PDI and I had to be very nit picky with the things I found. All of them were basic fit and finish things like screws that hadn't been tighted properly or hinges mounted too close to the cabinet doors causing the doors to not close flush. When I helped my dad pick up his Montana, we ended up with 33 things including some pretty major electrical issues that they had to fix before he signed the bottom line.

There are some pretty significant differences between the Vibes made in OH vs the ones made in Oregon. The Oregon Vibes have Larger Tank Sizes, ducted vs radiant tank heat. who prepped the Solar, Black Tank Flush, heater vent in the bathroom. This may explain the price differences between the two. I was still able to get my local Camping World to price match the RV Wholesalers price, but took some effort.

This is my first newer camper and I was a little worried about all the horror stories that I have heard about them needing them to be in the shop for months correcting issues. My only concerns left is about the Raineer ST tires good or bad that came with it. Forest River also didn't mark where the wires were run for the solar prep for the charge controller. My unit was made in Oregon and uses the Go Power! wired for solar instead of the Zamp. As i said this is my first newer camper and my only major complaint was the REALLY crappy mattress they used. I have no idea why they felt anybody would be comfortable on it. I put a 4" memory foam topper on it and all is well!!
Old 04-28-2015, 08:51 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradB View Post
Congrats Ron & Timothy. We just finished the 4000 mile trip with our new 268. Nothing to add to the previous review. Going to the dealer to fix a minor leak in one of the grey water valves and have them put a ladder on but that's it. Was going to replace the 5 gallon propane tanks with 7 1/2 gallons but realized it was easier and cheaper to carry an additional 5 gallon tank. There is plenty of room and the smaller tanks are much easier to handle--no wrench to get em' off and lighter.
Did you have the ladder installed? I called Forest River and they stated there was no spec for ladder install as there is no "backers" Please post your results with the ladder.
Paulvibe268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:24 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulvibe268 View Post
Did you have the ladder installed? I called Forest River and they stated there was no spec for ladder install as there is no "backers" Please post your results with the ladder.
Got the same answer Paul; no way to mount a rear ladder.

Tags
vibe