Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2015, 09:17 AM   #1

Tv mounts in 2015 grey wolf

Is anyone else having issues with grey wolf tv mount there had to be a better way to instal a tv possibly a arm to move around
ffemt721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 09:50 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

What problems are you having?
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 10:10 AM   #3

I don't know what model Grey Wolf you have but on mine I put as large of piece of 3/4" plywood as woud fit behind the wall I wanted the tv on and bolted the swivel mount to it. Mine was easy to get to as the backside of the wall was the inside of a cabinet. Also ran coax for sattelite to it while I was at it.
comfun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 07:36 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
What problems are you having?
We have the 23bdh model and it has the fake rock wall with a V mount bracket to put a tv on I want to put a arm so I can adjust tv to watch from table
Old 03-03-2015, 07:37 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfun1 View Post
I don't know what model Grey Wolf you have but on mine I put as large of piece of 3/4" plywood as woud fit behind the wall I wanted the tv on and bolted the swivel mount to it. Mine was easy to get to as the backside of the wall was the inside of a cabinet. Also ran coax for sattelite to it while I was at it.
It a 2015 23dbh it has the fake rock wall and the backside is in the bedroom where the doors close
Old 03-09-2015, 02:44 PM   #6

same problem...easy solution

i had the similar mount in my 2014 29vt and was told there was wood backer installed behind this mount to make it stable for the tv. I used an electric stud finder and sure enough I was able to determine the size of the wood behind it to make sure that the swivel arm mount was going to be securely mounted onto the wood backer. I ended up using screws of similar length but slightly bigger gauge. I also drilled pilot holes in the wood to prevent splitting and put several more mounting holes than the two provided on the mount to spread the stress out as much as possible. In addition i used a screw with a washer and put up a strap that i can click around the tv keeping it from moving during travel. So far no problems with a 34" tv, hope this helps.
smithhike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 11:09 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithhike View Post
i had the similar mount in my 2014 29vt and was told there was wood backer installed behind this mount to make it stable for the tv. I used an electric stud finder and sure enough I was able to determine the size of the wood behind it to make sure that the swivel arm mount was going to be securely mounted onto the wood backer. I ended up using screws of similar length but slightly bigger gauge. I also drilled pilot holes in the wood to prevent splitting and put several more mounting holes than the two provided on the mount to spread the stress out as much as possible. In addition i used a screw with a washer and put up a strap that i can click around the tv keeping it from moving during travel. So far no problems with a 34" tv, hope this helps.

I have the same setup, it works perfectly, we are able to move the tv all over and when it is strapped back when traveling it doesn't move. The behind the wall mount is in the center of the wall, use a stud sensor and it will show you the out line of the mount area. It is the same on both sides of the wall, bed side/living room.

TT-2015 Cherokee 274dbh TV-2010 Jeep Commander Limited
Steelframer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grey wolf, mount, tv mount